VR - experimental support

keem85

Re: Oculus Rift - experimental support

#171 Post by keem85 » 03 Feb 2015 17:29

Hi Komat. I wrote an email to SCS but I guess they are busy.. Do you know if the performance in cities will be better in the future? I don't understand what kind of objects that makes the game lag in open areas. Maybe an asynchronous timewarp would be a workaround?
john928382

#172 Post by john928382 » 03 Feb 2015 21:57

Anyone know why looking around is so painfully slow/stutter-y for me? I don't see people complaining about that. I'm not sure if it's a CPU/graphics card performance issue or an Oculus issue or some configuration issue with ETS2.

I haven't had any problems in other Oculus enabled programs (e.g., Aliens: Isolation, Live for Speed, or any of the Oculus demos/experiences).

TIA.
maaboo

#173 Post by maaboo » 04 Feb 2015 16:52

Same for me. I've posted config on the previous page. It was better in the 1.15 (or it seemed to be).

In my opinion one of the reasons is absence of Direct mode. I tested Zero Point with two modes and Direct was perfect while Extended was laggish. Direct mode will never be supported unfortunately.

The other reason is unknown for me. I hope developers will review posted config and give some advice to both of us. May be there is a way to determine the cause of lags. I've seen o_oculus_debug variable in the config but I don't know how to use it.
Last edited by ohaha on 05 Feb 2015 05:23, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Unnecessary quote removed
ETS2 + DLC: G.E. + S. + HPCP + Mods: Promods / ATS / Core i5-6600K @ 3.5 Ghz / 8 GB RAM / GeForce GTX 1070 4 GB / SSD Samsung EVO 850 / Windows 8.1 x64 / Oculus DK2 / Oculus RT 1.10
bcoll

#174 Post by bcoll » 04 Feb 2015 22:20

I cant seem to get the head tracking on my oculus working at all ( It wont even light up!!) with this game. I can see with oculus so it half works but i cant look around unless i use the mouse. Ive obivously not dont something right?? Any help would be good thanks in advance!
bcoll

#175 Post by bcoll » 05 Feb 2015 22:05

To enable the support, run the game with -oculus command line parameter.
Forgive my thickness but i think this is why its not working properly for me! So how do i go about adding -oculus command line...What do i need to do???? Thanks in advance?? ;)
Frog

#176 Post by Frog » 07 Feb 2015 03:29

I did not play the game for a few weeks. Tried it today, and it looks like I lost all tracking... Menus/game look like a still image. I'm on Win7, extended desktop, Oculus as my primary monitor.
My firmware version is 2.12.

I rebooted the PC to be sure nothing else was using the tracker. I'm playing other games without any problem, and the Rift Demo scene works perfectly, so it's not the hardware.

I'm using the oculus branch and launching the game with the -oculus parameter, I did not change any settings from my previous successful games a couple weeks ago.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
maaboo

#177 Post by maaboo » 08 Feb 2015 09:08

bcoll wrote: Forgive my thickness but i think this is why its not working properly for me! So how do i go about adding -oculus command line...What do i need to do???? Thanks in advance?? ;)
Steam: Right click on the name of the game in library -> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options.

Other releases: Launch Notepad -> Write

eurotrucks2.exe -oculus

-> Save as ets2.cmd in <Games folder>\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x86 -> Click Twice on this file.
ETS2 + DLC: G.E. + S. + HPCP + Mods: Promods / ATS / Core i5-6600K @ 3.5 Ghz / 8 GB RAM / GeForce GTX 1070 4 GB / SSD Samsung EVO 850 / Windows 8.1 x64 / Oculus DK2 / Oculus RT 1.10
ohaha

#178 Post by ohaha » 08 Feb 2015 09:51

Or, simply right click the Desktop shortcut and, in the Target text box add your parameter, at the end of the string (leave a blank space).
This also applies to other parameters, such as -homedir, -nointro, -64bit etc.
Retired, but still loving it.
corneabogdan84

#179 Post by corneabogdan84 » 07 Mar 2015 19:01

Hi guys,

Can you help me setup EST2 with oculus DK2? My rig:

Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz
16GB RAM
GTX 980 x2 (SLI) - Zotac AMP! Omega
Windows 8.1 Pro

I'm running the game (Steam - Oculus Beta) at High details, scaling 100% and MLAA and DOF off. But I'm only able to get 60 to 75 fps.
I thought with this setup I should be able to stay at 75 fps. Is there something I'm missing? Maybe some settings?

Thanks.
sharperguy

#180 Post by sharperguy » 10 Mar 2015 13:56

Hi

I bought the game yesterday and I'm trying to enable support in the DK2. I currently have the following setup:

* Gaming Laptop with Intel/NVidia graphics combo (I know now that this can cause problems, but it's my only computer)
* DK2
* Windows 7
* Latest update of ETS2
* Latest Oculus firmware/runtime
* Rift set to "extended" mode (I do not have any option for "mirrored" mode because the screens are different resolutions), and "Portrait" orientation (looks like a normal monitor)
* Rift as primary monitor
* Shortcut to ETS2 on Desktop with -oculus added

When I start the game I get the following:
* On my main monitor: A black screen with a small recangular "hole" in the middle showing my desktop
* On the rift: With the lenses removed, I can see that the correct "3D" image is displayed, however it does not use the full width of the display, and isn't aligned to where the lenses should be, so it's unusable. There is a large black border around the outside of the rift's screen, where the rest of the 3D image sohuld be expanded to.

So basically the game is not able to use the entire screen of the Rift to display the 3D and so isn't playable.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Return to “General discussion about the game”