i got a truck of my own! :D

VolvoFH

Re: i got a truck of my own! :D

#11 Post by VolvoFH » 23 May 2015 14:48

Congratiulations! Good looking rig you got there.
Keep the pics coming!

Keep on Truckin'
trucker17

#12 Post by trucker17 » 11 Jun 2015 18:35

As time goes by the shifting will get easier.....For a change....Try floating the gears......(Shifting without the clutch....) Your speed is no different then when you double clutch, its just less leg work on you....
I have been driving trucks in the real world for 32 years now. I have driven everything from the Automatic ( CRAP) to the triplex (2 stick) transmission.....
Here is a little advise for you.....
If you have a CB radio in your truck. Check with your shop and see if you could get some Volvo antennas. You get the best match with them...
The best downhill gear with a jake brake is 5th and 6th.....6th for 6% and less with max weight.....5th for 7% plus with max weight.....In these ranges you never need to hit your breaks, The jake will do all the work.....
These are the ranges i use for my 389.....
As for driving in the snow....I try to avoid that, but when you have to....Remember....Chains are meant ( TO GET YOU OUT OF TROUBLE, NOT INTO IT.....) If you must drive it slow and easy. And NEVER EVER use the jake. it will jack knife you......
Also. Coming down Vail into denver......In the rain you can hydroplane very easily....I have seen alot of trucks do that their.....
Craig.....
rocknrollDaVE
Beta tester

#13 Post by rocknrollDaVE » 06 Nov 2015 19:27

i have alot of stories to tell about my journeys so sit back, grab a drink, get a snack, not in that order or you will have sat down for nothing only to get up again

im going to start off by showing the pictures from when i had my old truck, the blue Peterbilt shown on the first post i made

heres the inside of the truck, a few pictures i took to show some friends of mine

[ external image ]

and the sleeper

[ external image ]

this one time i was in northern Arkansas delivering to a food manufacturer. after unloading i ended up making a wrong turn, oops. but the back road journey was really fun, i had to use the 4 wheel (8 tire) drive!

[ external image ]

i got tired of all my stuff falling out of the upper cabinet each time i took a turn or hit a bump, all this stuff would just spill out on the floor. i decided to fix this one late night after cleaning up after a big spill. i used duct tape

[ external image ]

uhhh.. ok maybe not my best work... i was tired ok...

i decided to try again the next day

[ external image ]

much better. this held for a long time, up until i had to give the truck away when my company sold it

oh noes my company messed up!

after delivering to Maine i was then sent to Vermont to collect my next cargo. when i arrived at the shipper i found out they already gave my cargo to another drive earlier that day. since then my company has assigned my load to another drive at the same time three more times. i was stuck for hours with no task while the load planners worked to get me a new load

[ external image ]

a train went down those tracks and it had a few old passenger coach cars. it looked really cool

when i was at the company terminal in Indianapolis i was assigned to take a load. when i picked up the trailer from the trailer lot i noticed something strange about it, our company only has a handful of trailers equipped with a trailer tail, aerodynamic flaps that stick off the back of the trailer. they fold up flat against the rear doors for parking, docking and that

[ external image ]

this pictures was taken after i had to spend hours down in the shop having tire and break work done to the trailer
I'm on a mission to ensure the city of Pittsburgh is accurately represented in ATS.
◇ Link to World of Trucks profile below ◇

[ external image ]
Unco

#14 Post by Unco » 06 Nov 2015 19:48

Thanks for the update. Fun to read indeed. I like your work with the duct tape (the second time around, at least!). Good to see you're enjoying your work. Keep the updates coming!
rocknrollDaVE
Beta tester

#15 Post by rocknrollDaVE » 06 Nov 2015 19:50

this is what a trailer full of toilet paper looks like

[ external image ]

what happens when i pick up a trailer that has bad tires? i tell my company that the trailer tires are bad then the company sets me up with the nearest shop, most likely a Travel Center Of America, Petro, Love's for common or minor repairs like tires or brakes

heres my truck in the shop getting work done to the trailer tires

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

that tire was bald and needed to be replaced

one day i picked up an empty trailer at a Walmart distribution center. the trailers my company uses. the left door must be closed before the right door is closed, thats how the seal in the center of the doors line up. some idiot closed the doors in the wrong order and they got stuck together. heres what it took to open the doors

[ external image ]

and heres just what my trip notes look like, picture taken at random

[ external image ]
I'm on a mission to ensure the city of Pittsburgh is accurately represented in ATS.
◇ Link to World of Trucks profile below ◇

[ external image ]
Absolarix

#16 Post by Absolarix » 06 Nov 2015 20:09

You've got a lot more to go before this is up to date. Many more fun things have happened since his blue 386 (at least I belive that's what that blue truck was).
[ external image ][ external image ]
| PC | ASUS ROG G752VY-DH78K |
| Win 10 | Intel i7-6820HK | 64GB DDR4 RAM | 8GB GTX 980M |
SimulatorSam

#17 Post by SimulatorSam » 06 Nov 2015 20:15

Duct tape ftw :mrgreen:
Hakan

#18 Post by Hakan » 06 Nov 2015 20:50

Nice photos and story :)
ohaha