Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

SpottedHyena

Re: Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

#431 Post by SpottedHyena » 26 Apr 2017 15:54

Trucker's Log, Monday June 15th, 10:00 A.M.

Short and sweet run, at least as far as the trucking industry goes! With the tank on it's way via a military convoy now, I started looking for another load; construction waste from a recent demolition of a dilapidated apartment complex? Looks like it's heading for a processing facility in London via a trailer frame with a roll off dumpster on it...It means a ferry ride, but for 3,488 Euro I think I can handle that!

[ external image ]
30 Tons
[ external image ]
Ouroboros Bulk Liquid Transportation, Venezia Italia. Volvo FM, 420 HP D13.
Hakan

#432 Post by Hakan » 26 Apr 2017 18:23

Nice story again! i like!
SpottedHyena

#433 Post by SpottedHyena » 26 Apr 2017 18:35

Trucker's Log, Tuesday June 16th, 2:30 P.M.

Another mostly sleepless day at a truck stop lead to a fight to stay awake getting to the Ferry, though once I got on board and we got into the channel the cool sea air made for a perfect wind. They had the doors and portholes open in the ferry itself, so the cool air wafted in. I slept well, well enough to be ready to go once it was time to disembark. Once I offloaded my cargo and subsequently the trailer in London, I found myself in want of a decent load. Seems as though most of the good freight that I specialize in had been snatched up by rival companies. Not wanting to linger in London for eight hours, I bit the bullet and decided to take something I usually wouldn't take.
A D-tec trailer with a sea box on it filled with heavy welding equipment bound for the United States via Liverpool. I suppose it's a nice change to not have to swing extra wide, take up two lanes at times or struggle up hills for a change. With my arm out of the window letting the cool air pour into the cab of my truck, I was off again!

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Hakan

#435 Post by Hakan » 26 Apr 2017 18:39

^^
SpottedHyena

#436 Post by SpottedHyena » 26 Apr 2017 18:59

Thank you Hakan and Obel ^^
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#437 Post by SpottedHyena » 26 Apr 2017 19:33

Trucker's Log, Wednesday June 17th, 4:30 A.M.

Delivering to the busy docks at Liverpool was a nightmare. First, I almost got lost. Secondly, the other truck traffic going everywhere. After I finally dropped off the trailer and made my way out, I was tired and irritated. I spoke to Steffi on the phone again for a bit as I found my way to a hotel to stop for the day. She has a way of comforting me, by the time I got to my room and checked in I was feeling much more at ease. I'm starting to think that maybe in the future, her and I may end up together. Though I am not sure yet, a part of me wants to hear Ivanka out. I did after all, promise her I'd talk to her, even if it is just to make her shut up.

After a good days rest, I was looking for another load at about 2:30 in the morning. I didnt have to look long, as I already had an E-mail requesting my services. It was another military contract, this time a GTX Boxer going back to mainland Europe after an overhaul of essential components. It means another ferry ride across the channel and to an awaiting lockup in Rotterdam. Trouble is, this thing was sitting at Trameri. Wriggling this vehicle out of the compact docks in the Trameri complex was frustrating for me, and for drivers trying to get down that street. At one point, I had both lanes blocked as I pulled out. But it all turned out, and now I am driving into the sunrise.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Hakan

#438 Post by Hakan » 26 Apr 2017 20:55

Amazing!
SpottedHyena

#439 Post by SpottedHyena » 27 Apr 2017 15:45

Trucker's Log, Wednesday June 18th, 9:00 P.M.

After the ferry ride, it was just a small trip to Rotterdam, where the lockup for the Boxer was waiting. Since I managed a good nap on the ferry, I decided to take another load.
I found 37 tons worth of sewer mains heading to a new housing project in Calais, France. I was driving down a highway, arm hanging out of the window letting the 75 degree winds flood my cab. I was in an odd mood. With all the stress going on, I was oddly at piece, zen, neutral to it all. Music played over the speakers, the roar of my Cummins chiming in to add an off key, but still pleasant foundation. I could smell the scents of mother earth in all of her summer glory all around me, the fields, trees. The fresh country air. It reminded me so much of my home in the United States. I still think about going back sometimes, now more than ever. Maybe I will, some day..but now is not the time for that.
Sometimes, driving a truck can be so relaxing...Sometimes it's a great way to clear my head, and to be honest, that's just what I needed right now..

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Hakan

#440 Post by Hakan » 27 Apr 2017 15:51

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Return to “Screenshots”