Marcus’s screens

MarcusDG

Marcus’s screens

#1 Post by MarcusDG » 13 Sep 2016 18:05

Sup guys!!

As I got quite a lot of free time those days because of little health troubles that force me to stay home, I decided to start a new thread and share some pictures with you :)

So lets start with the beginning... As I freshly got my owner operator license, I was looking for a good used truck I could buy to start my business.... And here is what I ended up with: A 2011 Scania R560 4x2 Topline ! Manual gearbox, hydraulic pump, Cruise control, retarder, plenty of in-cab options, and the good thing - it's only 315000km, which is a really low mileage for a 5years old truck... You will see with the picture below that it looks pretty basic, and I first had planned to let Scania take care of a few stuffs before starting to work, but you know what it is, business is the most important thing.... ;)

[ external image ]

... A few weeks later I managed to find 2 days to let the truck @Scania... First step: painting, adding the roofbar and the sign.... I already odered sideskirts and rear wings but unfortunately it had not been delivered yet....

[ external image ]

As you can guess, I'm excited as a photon in a laser chamber about this new adventure and I can't wait to have this truck finished.... In the same time, I really have to be careful and to take care about my business first... This is why I started with a used truck instead of a new one ! But who knows, maybe one day I'll be able to do what I want and buy my dream truck... ;)

To be continued....
Last edited by MarcusDG on 22 Dec 2017 16:42, edited 4 times in total.
Hakan

Re: Marcus's travels

#2 Post by Hakan » 13 Sep 2016 18:12

Great shots and story nice scania!
obelihnio

#3 Post by obelihnio » 13 Sep 2016 18:21

Nice starting shots mate, keep em' coming ;)
MarcusDG

#4 Post by MarcusDG » 13 Sep 2016 19:22

Thanks men !

So here is a little photo shot leaving Rennes (F) loaded with papers coils to Poitiers (F) ... Not in a hurry at all, those coils are expected tomorrow morning so I'll not go through the highway...

[ external image ]

Somewhere in France...

[ external image ]

... And back to Rennes, loaded some auto parts for the P.S.A.Peugeot-Citroën factory....

[ external image ]

Threw up the trailer (way too late ! :evil: :lol: ) last night and spent the day off - left the truck @Scania so they mounted the sideskirts and the wings ! Unfortunately, Scania's painter was too busy to take care of my poor little wingies, so I ended up with the thing I hate the most on earth: a half-done job... lol

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Next step: a complete Streamline kit, visor-bumper-spoilers and stuffs.... Not sure if my wallet will agree...? lol
Hakan

#5 Post by Hakan » 13 Sep 2016 20:44

Great!
MarcusDG

#6 Post by MarcusDG » 14 Sep 2016 20:58

Back at it again !

As I told you in a previous post, my truck features a complete hydraulic system, which is great because it allows me to do "differents" jobs (I mean pain-in-the-ass-but-profitable jobs).... Here are a couple pics of my truck hooked to a tilting cistern, loaded with plastic pellet from Rennes (F.) to Caen (F.)

[ external image ]

You may ask why this job is a pain in the ass ? Doesn't look dirty, doesn't smell nothing bad, doesn't weighs that much...

[ external image ]

... Yup, but every time you unload your trailer, you have to fully wash it (I mean, getting IN the tank) and then wait until it's completely dry before reloading. WAS-TE OF TI-MEEEEEE !!!

Anyway, the good news is - you may have noticed already - I received those Streamline parts I talked about some times ago :D Also, I bought myself a brand new set of abasstrespass's amazing Hella's to gather some pebbles :lol: We'll see how many times they will survive in such a tricky position !
Next step: Alcoas ! I can't wait to get rid of those ugly black rims ! Moreover, you probably can't see it on the pictures but they are severely damaged....
Pumizo
Beta tester

#7 Post by Pumizo » 14 Sep 2016 21:07

Nice shots and story :mrgreen:
Hakan

#8 Post by Hakan » 14 Sep 2016 21:48

Agree^^
MarcusDG

#9 Post by MarcusDG » 14 Sep 2016 21:55

And another week has started ! My company is getting better as I've got good relations with a local shipper ! It's a big society that operates in quite a lot of domains, but the main ones are plastic products and electronics components for the automotive industry. That said, I'm not satisfied with this, even though I now have quite stable incomes and financial security, I really am not happy doing this job considering I spend way too many time waiting to be loaded/unloaded, and also I would prefer longer trips than the ~500km wide operating area i'm stuck in.... Anyway, I'm back with this Schmitz curtainsider I'll probably end up married with :lol:
Oh yeah, and I removed every badges from the grill because I had planned to paint them last week end but I had not enough time... So they are still @home :D

[ external image ]

Shot this one while leaving the toll between Rennes (F) and Le Mans (F)...

[ external image ]

On the famous Le Mans's Bugatti race track !

[ external image ]

Catching up the highway....

[ external image ]

.... And I reached safe and sound this warehouse in-the-middle-of-nowhere-and-nobody-around-except-this-daf-driver... Seriously, am I really supposed to leave my cargo there? There's not even a dock !

[ external image ]

"Sometimes, shit happens" one said... As I was fighting with this damned forklift those guys (I'd rather say terrorists) left me to unload, one of the lever was stuck and it ended up with the fork crushing my sideskirts :evil: :cry: haven't take a photo as I was way too angry but I've been forced to remove it.... Damn it ! I hate this job !
Hakan

#10 Post by Hakan » 14 Sep 2016 22:24

Nice!!!

Return to “Screenshots”