Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

SpottedHyena

Re: Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

#341 Post by SpottedHyena » 30 Mar 2017 17:45

Trucker's Log, May 8th, 7:04 A.M.

I woke up today to the sound of lightning and thunder, and thank god thats what woke me up. I looked over at my alarm clock to find that the power had gone out. I had to jump out of bed to be able to drain the last bit of hot water out of the water heater to take a shower. The lightning had awoke Ivanka as well. I managed to find an old battery powered radio to listen to the weather, this was a dangerous storm. Our first severe storm of the year, lots of lightning, high winds, and rain that was coming down in droves.
Ivanka: "Babe, I think you should stay home" Ivanka said, coming up behind me to rub my shoulders. I closed my eyes for a moment, nearly drifting off feeling her soft paws massaging me with professional grace. Suddenly, I snapped back awake. "I wish I could." I replied as lightning flickered through our windows again.
I could see a frown creasing Ivanka's muzzle "It's to dangerous out there. Just wait a few hours and come back to bed with me."
I stood then, and moved to the cabinets to get out my normal snacks and the like that I usually take along in the truck with me.
"Trust me love, I want to. If it were up to me, I wouldn't have to leave at all, and I'd just sit here and spend every waking moment of my time with you, but I have to have money, right? Besides, I already bid on a high capacity tank going to a FCP In Leipzig. I'm sure they don't give a crap about a little rain storm." Lightning flickered as thunder rattled our windows again the moment I said that. Ivanka shook her head "At least promise me you'll be careful, okay? This is one of the worst storms I've ever seen.."
I turned around and kissed her one last time before dawning my rain coat "Trust me. A little drizzle isn't going to bother me none."

With that, I was out the door and into my truck. Boy, it was raining, and raining furiously. At about 6 A.M. I hooked up to the trailer and was on my way, and while the worst of the storm by then had subsided, I was still plowing my way through driving and sometimes blinding rain. I better just take it easy here. If I'm late, I'm late. I'd rather be late and safe, than be out in the toolies or jacknifed and wrecked somewhere.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Ouroboros Bulk Liquid Transportation, Venezia Italia. Volvo FM, 420 HP D13.
SpottedHyena

#342 Post by SpottedHyena » 30 Mar 2017 19:02

Trucker's Log, Monday May 8th, 8:54 P.M.

Ring ring, ring*
Ivanka: "Hey sweety!"
Me: "Hey...I have great news for you?'
Ivanka: "Oh? You're paying for my new vacuum?"
Me:.......no....I got a load going to Malmo. Another one of those 44 ton Excavator arms.
Ivanka: "Really?"
Me: "Yeah, so I'll be coming home..."
Ivanka: "Thats wonderful! I look forward to seeing you!'
Me: "Not as much as I look forward to seeing you, my love. I better get back to driving, the air pressures for the trailer just came up enough for me to get going, so....I love you"
Ivanka: "I love you too...See you when you get here, my one and only".

With that, my evening began. I was excited to head back home to Rostock during my work week again. Time to make up for the lost time that I had the last two weeks!

[ external image ]
I seem to get a lot of these, dont I?
[ external image ]
Hakan

Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

#343 Post by Hakan » 30 Mar 2017 21:05

No words dude!
BK Vissers

#345 Post by BK Vissers » 31 Mar 2017 14:52

Sound like our suspicions were unfounded! :D
SpottedHyena

#346 Post by SpottedHyena » 01 Apr 2017 23:31

@ Obel and Hakan
Thank you for the compliments!
@BKVissers "I hope so. Only time will tell though!"
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#347 Post by SpottedHyena » 02 Apr 2017 00:39

Trucker's Log, Tuesday May 9th, 7:36 P.M.

Ivanka and I sat down for a normal date night dinner at a local eatery, the diner was similar to the Waffle Houses that I loved so much when living in America. Usually, I cant seem to get Ivanka to come to this place. But today she said she wanted to. After we ordered our food, it seemed like a normal night;

Me: So, that mechanic you were going on about. Whats the deal with that?'
Ivanka: "Hm? What Mechanic"
Me: "erm..you said the man in the background on the phone was being interviewed fo--"
Ivanka: "Oh! Oh him yes! Yeah, no. He isn't anything over what you have now in the garage, just your typical undergraduate diesel mechanic"
Me: "So, just knows how to change glow plugs, do tune ups and minor fleet repair then..'
Ivanka: "Yeah, nothing special"
Me: "Any reason you invited him over to the house? and not the offices?"
Ivanka: "I....well..because I just didnt feel like going to the office. It was raining and horrid outside. Plus I just went right back to bed afterwards."
it was bothering me. Her hesitation. When i was little my mother always used to catch me lying to her because of just that right there. When you ask somone a question, and they are lying, one of the main traits is that they must pause to think of an answer. An answer that isnt the truth.
Me: "Ivanka, you're not telling the truth."
Ivanka: "What?! What do you mean!'
Me: "look, weve been together long enough. I can tell when you're not telling me something. You really, really need to tell me whats going on. I've been catching glimpses of people of the male persuasion coming out of the house when I surprise you coming home early, and then you offer me some kind of crazy excuses. Listen, tell me whats going on."
Ivanka looked away I could tell something was tearing her up. I could see the grimace on her face, the way she lay her ears back, the way she wouldnt make eye contact.
Finally, she came out with it "I'm sorry...Micka.." she whispered to me as she began to cry. My heart sank immediately. "Lets, lets go outside okay?" I said
I put down the money for the uneaten food on the table, I'm sure 40 euros will cover what is usually a 30 euro meal.. -To be continued-
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#348 Post by SpottedHyena » 02 Apr 2017 00:49

Truckers Log. Continuation

As Ivanka and I stepped outside in the rain. She looked up at me "He....Micka, all those weeks you were gone...all those weekends we missed..being in that big house all alone I..I just....I needed someone to talk to. I needed a friend. It started out, just that. He's a friend from high school, he and I got back in contact over facebook not long ago. Weve been chatting ever since. The other week when you called and told me you werent coming home, I was having a mood swing. Look, i..I invited him over and we went out to eat, and it just...something happened"

By now, I was looking at my feet. I didnt know whether to scream at her, to cry, or what to do. I didnt know.
"Like what, what happened" I asked as calmly as I could.
Ivanka responded with a shrug "I dont know. It was a feeling I havnt felt in a while. Like, you weren't there...he was...
Me: "So....so what did you all do with this friend?"
Ivanka shook her head. She clearly didnt want to answer......until i raised my voice
I ASKED YOU A QUESTION. I yelled, causing passerbys to stop and stare WHAT...DID..YOU..DO
A tear rolled down Ivankas white furred cheek, barely visible in the rain "We...went back to the house, and after a night of catching up and a few drinks...he kissed me, and.....we..."

Enough.." I simply said. "I knew it....I knew it all along, I had a suspicion, all along!"
Ivanka could only sob now. Rightfully so, were I a cheating spouse caught, I would also sob. I walked back to my car, and got inside. When she tried to follow, I locked the doors. Ivanka looked up at me surprised "You..you arent leaving me here are you?!"
I rolled down a window "I've got some advice for you, Ivanka. If you find yourself getting tired of walking, run..." I then rolled my window up and left her there in the rain. When i was sure I was alone again...I let my emotions go. I too began to cry.
Because of her, I came to Europe in the first place. Because of her, I left my family behind, everything I knew to live in this foreign, new world. Chasing a dream...now....I have nothing. Nothing but myself, and my old Pete 351.
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#349 Post by SpottedHyena » 02 Apr 2017 00:54

Once I got a hold of myself, I got back to the house. I'll call some movers to put my things into storage, not that I have that much anyway. I've only lived in Germany here for a few years, I didnt accumulate many things. My life has just been turned upside down. But for now, for now all of that had to sit in the back of my mind;
I still had a truck to drive.

I got a hotel that night and slept there, I shut my phone off because I knew Ivanka would be blowing it up. I needed time to digest all of this. I needed time to calm down so I could make a rational decision about what to do, because right now, I just wanted to find her new lover and beat him so badly that the police would need dental records to identify his remains. I wanted to scream at her, for her to feel what I'm feeling right now. Thats why I needed to wait.
I dropped the load off at Malmo, and bid on another load. Oddly, the freight was pretty minuscule here, nothing really in my field of expertise was abound. But certainly, the prospect of going back to Rostock right now was out of the question. I needed time away, far away.
I ended up taking a Krone trailer carrying two cargo boxes on it; 1 Was a trailer with Dunlop tires, the other, filled with drums of Sulphuric Acid heading to Birmingham.
Another horrid ferry ride. Bleh... Oh well..it is what it is. It will give me time to think, some time to figure out what to do next. I have to admit, the beautiful spring blossoms in the trees calmed me down. Driving a truck can be so relaxing, and thats just what I need. Some beautiful nature, and the nice rumble of a 350 Horse Cummins chugging along.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#350 Post by SpottedHyena » 02 Apr 2017 03:16

Trucker's Log, Thursday 8:48 A.M., May 11th.

As could be expected, I had a terrible time trying to sleep. I arrived in Birmingham and dropped off the trailer to a warehouse that would be shipping the freight to Japan, since it was late, and I was running out of driving time per law, I got a hotel and settled in for the night. It wasnt until I went to a local drug store to buy some Melatonin that I was finally able to sleep. My mind was racing, trying to figure out where my life was going now. So many questions milled through my mind. Should i go back home to America? Should I stay here in Europe? What about Last Call? What about the life I have forged here? I'd have to start all over again going back to the United States.
And then there was Ivanka....I dont know what I'm going to do about her. Of course, my mind is screaming at me to delete her out of my phone, block her number, and forget she even existed. But when I close my eyes, I can still see her face, still hear her voice. Maybe it was partially my fault. Maybe I should have gotten a local gig driving a box truck. Maybe.....uhg..no..NO NO NO! This was all on her. she -knew- what I did for a living! She accepted it! But.....-sigh- see what I mean?

The morning came early for me. I hadnt gotten a good nights rest, even in the soft bed of the hotel. I looked down at my phone. I went to turn it on and then stopped. I knew who would pop up the moment it came back on. I cant face her, not yet...not yet..

I got on my tablet and bid on a load as I was eating breakfast at the hotel, and got a very interesting haul! A brand new bell bound for a Cathedral in Amsterdam. The weight on this thing was absurd! 49 tons is only one ton below my "no go" threshold for the truck. After hooking up to it, I began my day. My eyes swelled from crying, and blood shot. But I was there, and I forced myself to focus on the task on paw= Trying to get this 49 ton beast up and down the many hills of England, without tearing up my poor ol girl.

[ external image ]

I was only doing 10 Miles per hour! Hammer down!
[ external image ]

Return to “Screenshots”