Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

SpottedHyena

Re: Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

#501 Post by SpottedHyena » 23 May 2017 12:54

Trucker's Log, Saturday July 30th, 12:00 P.M.
I loved every moment of that load. The drive seemed to last forever, and that's the kind of drives I enjoy the most.
After finally making the delivery two hours ahead of schedule, it was time to call it quits for the week. I started looking for freight on my route going home and unfortunately, found nothing. I have a long, full day's trip ahead of me with no freight on my back but hey! That last load more than made up for these "dead head" miles in both terms of Euros and just the satisfaction of a good, multi day long haul.
I'll have Sunday to myself, maybe now is a good time to Call Ivanka and face my troubles with her. Who knows? Maybe we can salvage at least a decent friendship. I think it's also about time to get some things off of my chest, once and for all.
[ external image ]
Ouroboros Bulk Liquid Transportation, Venezia Italia. Volvo FM, 420 HP D13.
SpottedHyena

#503 Post by SpottedHyena » 23 May 2017 13:18

@Obel Thank you :)

Fair warning guys, this is a long winded post. But this is a pivotal post for the storyline! Oh, not to mention......it's rather dark.....
Divorcee's Log, Sunday July 30th, 12:00 P.M.

It was noon when I met Ivanka at the coffee shop in downtown Rostock, a coffee shop which I stopped visiting when her and I...well... She was already waiting for me, and as I sat down she seemed happy to see me, though it was a restrained and perhaps deluded happiness. She knew why I was there. After some awkward small talk over some cuppachino it was time to get down to business.

Ivanka: "Micka, I just wanted to say I'm sorry, I'm so very sorry. I know, I hurt you and I just....look it was a stupid decision, a stupid mistake. It's a mistake that cost us both very dearly...I really, really miss you...I still love you, so much"
Me: "Apparently not enough, look when we got into this relationship you knew what I did for a living, and I told you that it may come to pass that from time to time I won't make it home when you want me to. But you brushed it off and told me you didnt care. Now, here we are."

Ivanka turned her head and said nothing for a moment "I'm sorry...Micka, I really am sorry. I just wish you could feel how bad it hurts not having you there, anymore. The bed we slept together in, the bed we dreamt in together. Waking up to see your face every day, it's all gone now. Everything is just...there's such a part of me gone now that I can never get back, or replace."

Me: "So what about your new boyfriend, where's he at?"
Ivanka frowned then "That's why I wanted to talk to you. He's not my boyfriend. Something, something terrible happened. I wanted to tell you earlier but you wouldn't let me. You were so upset, I just wanted you to listen!"

Me: "Well, that's why I'm here now. So, out with it..."

Ivanka's eyes welled up with tears then as she sniffled "He's...not my boyfriend, he never was. The night we.....did what we did.....He told me he wanted to stay with me. To forget you, and that he would be there for me whenever and wherever I wanted. All of that sounded nice but, after some thinking I knew I didnt love him...I loved you, Micka. After he left that night I felt so horrible, so guilty. I felt so sick to my stomach once I realized what I had done. I called him the next day and told him to never come back, that I didnt want to see him again. It was that same day that, you and I separated, that's...when it happened"

Me: "When what happened?"

Ivanka: "He...he came back over after you left. He knows what your truck looks like, and he knows when you're not home. At first, he just stood outside and yelled at the house. Screaming about how I betrayed him, and that no one would ever have me except for him, as if he was doing me a favor or something by "Taking me in". He kept telling me to let him in but I didnt. Thats when he just...forced his way in..."

By now, Ivanka was in tears. It took everything I had not to reach across the table to take her paw, but I held my ground. She then went on

Ivanka: "He then, started screaming at me...then he......he......"

Me: "What? Ivanka, what did he do to you"

Ivanka then scooted out of the booth part of the way. She had been sitting down, so as to obscure a cast on her leg. "I have..more bruises, under my fur...he pushed me down the stairs outside when I tried to run, and he wouldnt...wouldnt stop hitting me."

I felt so sick to my stomach by now. So many emotions ran through my mind, It was a mess of heartbreak, rage, and sadness. It was almost to much to process.

"Did you call the Polezei? Surely to god you did"
Ivanka shook her head "He threatened that if i did, he knew friends, and that if he went to jail they would find me.."

Me: "They know where you live too, I bet.." She simply nodded her head. I closed my eyes for a moment. I had secretly made up my mind, I needed to help her. I needed to find somewhere she could hide, somewhere far away from Rostock, Somewhere he couldnt find her. At least until the Polezei could sort the matter out.

Me: "I have an idea.."
Ivanka: "You.....you do?"
Me: "Pack your things........we're going trucking...."
[ external image ]
BK Vissers

#504 Post by BK Vissers » 24 May 2017 12:46

Well, this is a surprise development!!!

Remember to check your rear-views for a blue BMW!
SpottedHyena

#505 Post by SpottedHyena » 25 May 2017 15:01

@BKVissers. I'm not scared, what's he going to do, Hit me? :)
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#506 Post by SpottedHyena » 25 May 2017 16:12

Secret agent trucker's log, Monday July 31st, 12:00 A.M.

I woke to the sound of a knock on my door. Wow, Midnight right on the dot! I climbed out of bed and greeted a nervous Ivanka, walking with her crutches. "Hey" i simply said "Come on in, I have to get ready"

Ivanka: "This is where you're living now? Good lord, Micka. Max's Dog house was bigger than this!'
I snorted "Yeah well, it's not like I had much of a choice. I'm not Donald Trump, I can't just..go out and buy a mansion with my back pocket"
Ivanka sighed "I'll make breakfast"
Me: "No time, I got a load due out in an hour going to Dortmund, where I plan on leaving you with a friend of mine"
Ivanka: "Friend of yours?"
Me: "Yeah, he worked for me for a while. Good guy, just couldn't live the lifestyle you know? He offered to take you in. Lives with his disabled mom in a 3 bedroom house"
Ivanka: "So that's it then. You're just going to pawn me off on a friend of yours, and that's it?"
Me: "Yep..."
Ivanka: "Do you not see why I would have an issue with this?"
Me: "Well, you could always go back to your new boyfriend. I'm sure he'd be delighted to have you back."
Ivanka lowered her ears and averted her eyes from me "Why...cant I come with you? I mean, don't you see? if I'm always on the move, no one can find me! You always go to so many places Micka."
Me: "So that's your plan? Run? What are you going to do when he finds out where we are. He knows what my truck looks like, and I'm here to tell you, it's easy to find a Pete 351 in Europe. Secondly, I don't need this, Ivanka..I don't need this drama"
Ivanka looked up at me as if I had stabbed her in the chest "You...what? I thought you wanted to help!'
Me: "I am helping. I'm getting you out of Rostock where he won't find you."
Ivanka: "Micka, listen ple--"
Me: I turned and pointed my finger at her sternly then, ears laid back and teeth bared "NO! YOU listen to ME! This is NOT what I signed up for, got it? You did this, you did this to yourself, to us, now you expect me to fix it for you? No YOU'RE going to drink the wine YOU made, my dear. I don't want to be involved in something like this! I don't need psychos stalking me while I drive, I don't want to be the next "Rubber Duck" or some kind of super action trucker hero. All I want to do, is pull trailers around from point A, to point B, make money, go home. That's it! I don't want chainsaw wielding jason types with ski masks attacking me in my sleep!"
Ivanka turned her head and just remained silent.
Me: "You want to fix this? Go to Dortmund, call the police, report all of this crap bef--"
Suddenly, her phone rang. When she picked it up, she whined a bit "It's..it's him"
She answered it, the put it on speaker phone "He....hello?"
Voice: "Hey love! How're you?'
Ivanka: "F...fine..I....how..are you?"
Voice: "Great great, hey listen. I couldn't help but notice you weren't home...it's Midnight, you know? On a Sunday? A little strange, I think"
Ivanka: "I'm with a friend right now..I'm spending the night at her house"
Voice: "Oh a friend huh? Well arent you just something. Such a social butterfly, making friends and socializing...well, hey listen since you're awake, do you think maybe you could...Oh, I don't know..pop by your house? Look i just wanted to talk to you about the other day, that's all. Hey, I even brought some of my friends! After we talk we could all sit down to a bottle of Schnaaps and let by gones be by gones, right? Come on love, what do you say?"
Ivanka closed her eyes "Listen, Karl, I don't think that would be a good idea...It's late and, and I just want to go to sle--"
Voice: "Why can't you just come home and sleep here? Bed's big enough for two, right?"
Ivanka: "Just...no...okay? I just need to be here right now"
Voice: "Ivanka....please don't make me come find you. Come home, and let's talk. Okay? Let's just, talk. Don't you remember what happened last time you kept refusing? What you MADE me do? Listen. I don't want to have to do that again, i don't like.......teaching....girls, alright? So why don't you just come on home, and we can work it all out."
Ivanka looked at me. I was fuming, by now. If I could reach through that phone and ring his neck, I would..I simply shook my head at her. Ivanka nodded "No, no Karl I'm not coming home.."
Voice: WHAT!? NOW YOU LISTEN TO ME YOU LITTLE %!#$^ I'LL KNOCK YOUR ^$!@#$----" Ivanka soon hung up. Then stared up at me, almost pleading.
Me: "Boy, you sure know how to pick 'em. Grass isn't so green on the other side anymore, now is it? We better go, if he's at your house, that means he's not that far away. If he comes looking, looking hard enough, then he'll find us easy.."

Once I was ready, we left in short order. I started the 'ol Pete up and headed across town to pick up my first load of the week, a 25 ton Rail car heading to Dortmund to be stripped and scrapped...Let's just hope there aren't any psychotic vacuum salesman there waiting for me...

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#507 Post by SpottedHyena » 25 May 2017 17:39

Trucker's Log, Monday July 31st, 6:08 P.M.

"Can I please stay with you, tonight Micka?' she asked as I pulled into Wilhelm's driveway once the flat car had been taken to a Traedeux. Of course, I refused much to her dismay. I need time alone to process all of this, this is some kind of Military grade insanity that this hyena isnt used to. Ivanka should be safe with Wilhelm in his little traditional german style home outside of Dortmund. I made her promise to call the police, so she can get this matter taken care of. But for now, I think it's time to get back on the road and clear my head of all of these shenanigans.

Speaking of Military grade, after a good day's sleep in a nice hotel, I found a short run going to an ITCC in Liege, Belgium. Seems this military fuel tanker needs repainted and overhauled to get it ready for sale to the Afghani army. It's only a three hour run, which is a shame. I could honestly use a good 30 hour run, but hey. It's all I could manage this time. Maybe there will be something better waiting for me in Liege once I get there.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#508 Post by SpottedHyena » 25 May 2017 19:38

Trucker's Log, August 1st, Tuesday, 3:02 P.M.

After delivering the fuel tanker and taking the mandatory break by law. I had the unfortunate situation on my paws now of explaining to Steffi what was going on.
---Ring ring ring----
Steff: Micka! Hey!
Me: Hey...Steff, we need to talk"
Steffani: "Oh? What about"..
I told her the tale of what was going on...Steffani, went silent for a moment. I could just feel the disappointment radiating through my phone.
Steffani: "I see" she finally said "So....let me ask you a question, and I want a serious answer, Micka. I'm going to be honest, I was hoping to be more than friends one day. I mean, you're a good guy. You're established, you know what you want. Plus you're easy on the eyes. But I can't be with you, or even think about something like that with this going on. So I need to know, and I need to know right now......are you and Ivanka finished? Or do you think you're going to go somewhere with her again. Because to be honest, she sounds like a drama queen, and a real ^%@$&...."

When Steffani said that, I could feel something in me. An impulse to say something like "Hey, watch your mouth. She isnt a ^%@$&. But I held it back. At least, for now.
"I'll be honest with you, Steffani" I said "I don't know, honestly. I thought I did, but now, I'm not so sure. Look, I just need to figure this all out. i really like you too, I mean isnt it obvious? I take you everywhere, spend all my free time with you...but I really need to figure all this crap out...I just need a bit of time before we start talking about shacking up together, you know?'
Steffani sighed "Well, alright. At least you were honest" she said "Make you a deal, I'll give you your time. But if i find someone else before you decide what you want to do, don't be mad"
"Deal" I said.

Soon after, I hung up the phone and took a moment to collect my thoughts. What the hell was I thinking? Ivanka cheated on me! And the best I could come up with in response to Steffani was "I don't know"?! What's wrong with me! I should be all over her! Uhg....All of this had to wait, for as I was deep in thought about it all, I remembered I still had a job to do, and my break was over.
Soon after I got back "on the clock" per se, I got a CAT Challenger load going to a Sansbuilders in Erfurt. There's been a lot of these changing hands lately, seems like I haul one of these almost weekly. Doesnt it?

After a good night's sleep for once in my sleeper, and then a few hours more brought me to Erfurt, to the Sansbuilders that was expecting their new piece of equipment. Another successful run!

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
BK Vissers

#509 Post by BK Vissers » 26 May 2017 12:28

Crickey! No drama here! :? A right mess you have on your hands now. Now you actually have me caring what happens to Ivanka.

Return to “Screenshots”