Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

SpottedHyena

Re: Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

#521 Post by SpottedHyena » 30 May 2017 02:11

Trucker's Log, Saturday, 5:54 A.M., August 4th.

After reaching Berlin, stretching once again my ability to stay awake and the ability for me to just barely skirt the law, I called it a night. I put myself up in a luxury hotel, turned off my phone, and just slept...and slept..and slept.

I woke at around 6 A.M. Saturday, to find I didnt have any freight heading back to Rostock. I kind of figured I wouldnt. So I think I'll take my sweet time and enjoy the hot shower, and all of the amenities this place can provide before heading home.

Thank you one and all..to those whom read, and contribute to my blog here. Much, much more to come!
As always, I'll see you on the road!
[ external image ]
Ouroboros Bulk Liquid Transportation, Venezia Italia. Volvo FM, 420 HP D13.
Hakan

#522 Post by Hakan » 30 May 2017 15:23

Great long stories!
SpottedHyena

#523 Post by SpottedHyena » 02 Jun 2017 15:40

@Hakan "Thank you sir! Thank you!"

Trucker's Log, Tuesday August 8th, 1:00 P.M.

After taking a long load from Rostock to here, Bratislava, I decided to get a little sleep and start a new day, today. It looks like it's going to be a long week. There are several loads available here, but nothing for the long haul. In fact, the only load I managed to get was one heading to a road crew in Wien.....only 46 miles away. That's barely even enough time to get the engine warmed up! Hopefully I'll have somthing better going for me once I get into Austria. By the way, welcome back friends to another week of "Trucker's Log". Sorry for skipping a day, but it seems the forums were kaput yesterday! Even so, the freight never stopped..so we'll just skip ahead to Monday!

[ external image ]
40 tons.
[ external image ]
Hakan

#524 Post by Hakan » 02 Jun 2017 15:50

Great!
SpottedHyena

#525 Post by SpottedHyena » 02 Jun 2017 17:20

Trucker's Log, Tuesday August 8th, 7:00 P.M.

Thank goodness, I got another decent load once arriving in Wien. I don't mind shorter runs, but a short run for me is say, four hours or so? These little one hour, 50 or 60 mile romps from city to city just doesnt sit well for me. But life is hard, sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do. Right?
After getting the road paving machine to it's final destination, I began looking for more loads. Looks like I hit the jackpot, a Caterpillar loader was heading from here, all the way to a Konstnorr in Malmo. This one was purchased, not leased...but before I hook up and begin travelling, I think I will call Steffani to see if she wants to go out for dinner, as this load will see me back in Rostock before it's completion. I picked up the phone, and dialed her number...

-Ring ring, ring ring-
Steffi: "Hello?"
Me: "Hey Steffi! How are you?'
Steffi: "Oh, you know, hanging in there"
Me: "Listen, I'll be in Rostock in a day or so on my way to Malmo, was wondering if you'de like to get a bite to eat with me, maybe catch a movie. I heard the new Pirates of the Caribbean is out, now. Would love to take you to see it."
Steffi: "You know what? As much fun as that sounds I think I'll have to pass, this time"
Me: "What? Why?"
Steffi: "Micka..it just doesn't feel right, you know? With all that's going on with you right now. I mean, with you and Ivanka. If we just keep dating like nothing is happening, itl make me feel like you're making a competition out of this. I don't want to play that kind of game."
I sat for a moment and thought about it "Am I making this into a competition?" I thought to myself..of course, I didnt think so...
Me: "That's not it at all.."
Steffi: "Then what is it, Micka? Look, i think we should stop doing this until you figure out what you want to do, okay? What if we keep dating, and I get closer to you and you end up just going back to Ivanka, where's that leave me?"
She had a point, still, it kind of hurt to know she was turning me down over this.
Me: "Alright, Steffi alright I get it. I'm sorry, but if you change your mind, I'll be in Rostock in a day or so, okay?"
Steffi: "No, I'm not backing down on this Micka. I'm sorry, but I just don't want to play this."
Now I was annoyed. I wasnt trying to play Steffi against Ivanka, but I knew she wouldnt believe me, no matter how much I explained it away.
'Fine" I simply said "If that's what you want, then so be it.."
Steffani: "I'm sorry.....Micka"
Me: "me too" I then abruptly hung up. Of course, i was being over dramatic to really lay down on it that I was upset over her thinking the way she did. Then the thought crossed my mind. Ivanka is in Dortmund, no doubt listening to Wilhelm and his stories about there being Sasquatches in the black forest and what not. I wonder if maybe she'd fly in on a daily flight to Rostock to catch a movie with me...I shrugged the thought away and stuck out my tongue. Listen at me! I'm turning into a manwhore with a black book!....maybe I am playing these two off against each other...even though I really don't mean to. I am just tired of being alone, already....

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Hakan

#526 Post by Hakan » 02 Jun 2017 17:34

Amazing story!
BK Vissers

#528 Post by BK Vissers » 04 Jun 2017 12:53

Looks like it's decision time pretty soon!
SpottedHyena

#529 Post by SpottedHyena » 04 Jun 2017 14:42

@Obel & Hakan "Thank you guys thank you!"
@BkVissers: "It is decision time. Although I am nearly tempted to not choose either..
[ external image ]
Scaniadriver1

#530 Post by Scaniadriver1 » 04 Jun 2017 15:14

cool story mate.....interested what happens next

Return to “Screenshots”