Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

SpottedHyena

#1 Post by SpottedHyena » 28 Dec 2016 16:57

Hello out there fellow truckers! The name's Micka. For those interested, I am going to keep a log of specialty loads I run from time to time. Some pictures and screen shots of the neat things I find myself pulling across Europe.
I am the CEO of Last Call Specialty Freight. We have a North American arm and a European Arm. The European side of the business, was started and is based in Rostock Germany. We contract out to ITCC, and rely on the DAF XF series (Though I have some older CF85's still puttering around.)
At any rate, I hope you guys enjoy the stories behind the loads, if you like punch that like button on my WoT page, LIKE A BOSS.
[ external image ]
Ouroboros Bulk Liquid Transportation, Venezia Italia. Volvo FM, 420 HP D13.
SpottedHyena

Re: Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

#2 Post by SpottedHyena » 28 Dec 2016 17:10

Monday, 8:45 A.m. I was hoping to be able to sleep a little bit longer, but the phone woke me well before my alarm was meant to. It was ITCC, my contractor. Turns out, Sans Builders in Edinburgh had an excavator go down on them. Not wanting to be late for their own deadline, they called in an urgent delivery for a rental unit while theirs was in the shop. All of my drivers, at least in my Rostock garage were already out on deliveries themselves. After a quick shot of ether to get the truck started, since I forgot to plug in, a quick cup of joe and an even quicker fueling and warm up time, and I was back out on the road. Still in my pajamas, no less. Excavator, 30 tons.
Last edited by Axel Slingerland on 11 Jan 2017 07:36, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Attachments are for Bug Reporting Only. Please use external hosting services for other purposes. Thank you.
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#3 Post by SpottedHyena » 28 Dec 2016 17:57

Truckers Log: Wednesday, 12:48 A.M.
After dropping off the 30 ton excavator, and nearly getting stuck in the muddy improvised parking lot of whatever Sansbuilders was building, I found that there was no freight to be had in Edinburgh. After making a short trip to the ITCC in Glasgow, I was able to secure a military contract! A M109 Self Propelled Gun bound for Katowice. I don't know this load's final destination after Katowice.Need to know basis and all. Stopping for some fuel, and a quick refill on the coffee, then settling in for a long haul.
Last edited by Axel Slingerland on 11 Jan 2017 07:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Attachments are for Bug Reporting Only. Please use external hosting services for other purposes. Thank you.
[ external image ]
Hakan

#5 Post by Hakan » 28 Dec 2016 19:11

Agree^^
SpottedHyena

#6 Post by SpottedHyena » 28 Dec 2016 19:16

Thank you for the welcome and support :) Small update, Sitting at a truck stop getting ready for a good night's rest with the load mentioned above eating a sandwich before bed. Will be in Katowice in 9 hours, if the GPS is right.
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#7 Post by SpottedHyena » 28 Dec 2016 21:13

Truckers Log; Friday 9 A.M.
After dropping off the Paladin mobile gun, I made an hour trip to Ostrava to the ITCC depot there hoping to find a load going home, or at least, going towards home. I was in luck, the ITCC Dispatch informed me of a ventilation shaft heading for Kiel. That's about as close as I'm going to get. Not to mention I will have the time to make a stop at Rostock to see the wife for a moment before moving on to Kiel, then finally back home for the remainder of the weekend. By no means oversize or heavy, this should be a nice lazy ride home. Great way to cap off the week. After a tank of fuel I'll be on my way!

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Hakan

#8 Post by Hakan » 28 Dec 2016 21:22

Wow!
BK Vissers

#9 Post by BK Vissers » 29 Dec 2016 14:22

Cool story my friend. I see you got the Flickr uploading sorted. That's great! Looking forward to more. :)
SpottedHyena

#10 Post by SpottedHyena » 29 Dec 2016 18:05

Truckers log 7:30 A.M. Monday.
Once again I was awoke by the ITCC dispatch to carry out an urgent delivery. This time, while I showered and got ready for the day, I managed to get my secretary at the lock up to start my truck to warm it up. It was about 38 degrees outside, so no ether today! A half an hour later and I was at the depot hooking up to a trailer with 27 tons of Pipes heading for Milan Italy to Sans builders. Apparently they had a water main break, and there were many customers without service! Rather than patch the existing lines, they had the forethought to go ahead and just replace a large section of it. I thought hard about this while taking my warm shower, I couldn't imagine not being able to have water, so I better get them there quickly.
Being originally from the United States, there is quite a bit here in Germany, and Europe as a whole to get used to. Cabover trucks, different traffic signs and their meanings, and different laws altogether. Another thing, is it always rains. Fortunately, I have my new friend, Sir Maximillian Barks-a-lot to help keep me awake as the rain pitter pattering against the roof and windshield tries to put me back to sleep.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Return to “Screenshots”