Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

Hakan

#291 Post by Hakan » 12 Mar 2017 21:07

:shock: :shock: :shock:
BK Vissers

Re: Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

#292 Post by BK Vissers » 13 Mar 2017 13:58

Don't get yourself arrested! Who will pay for the vacuum cleaner you're getting if you aren't working?? ;)
SpottedHyena

#294 Post by SpottedHyena » 13 Mar 2017 18:38

Trucker's Log, Tuesday April 11th, 1:57 P.M.

After calming down and examining my shifted load further, I figured it would be safe to move along. It's already been a trying week, I'm almost loath to find out what the rest of it will be like.
After delivering the load of bricks, and doing some quick talking with dispatch in order to get paid my full amount, I took a load off at a local restaurant before searching for my next load. A small crane. The very same company that contracted me to move a crane from Brussels to Linkoping in Sweden last time had contracted me again! Seems like I earned the trust of at least one company. It was bound, again, for a Konsnorr there. The best part of it? I get to go home to Rostock for a day, which at this point is I think, well earned.

I headed to a lot to get some rest after a good meal, before waking to pick up the crane and begin what I hope to be a quiet journey, it was good to see my home again, my wife, and my dog. Finally, I can unload some stress and be ready to go for the next leg, back onto a.....ferry.......and into Scandinavia again, a place I secretly vowed to avoid after my debacle.

After a good night's rest and some time with the missus, I got back on the road. With a quick hop on a ferry, and even quicker hopping out, I was on my way to the Konstnorr and a good pay out. It's almost to distracting sometimes to behold the beauty of this country. I had to chuckle to myself, when I noticed this dinosaur, or perhaps sea creature that school children had erected. Maybe the dinosaur and my truck will get along. They're almost from the same era. heu heu heu heu.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Ouroboros Bulk Liquid Transportation, Venezia Italia. Volvo FM, 420 HP D13.
Hakan

#295 Post by Hakan » 13 Mar 2017 19:37

Great Big Story!
SpottedHyena

#296 Post by SpottedHyena » 14 Mar 2017 16:18

Trucker's Log, Wednesday, April 12th, 2:09 A.M.

I didnt know there were actually shipping docks open this late at night. Or, early in the morning. After dropping off the crane to the Konstnorr, I decided it was an excellent time to sleep. My fuel light had came on, I only had a quarter of my left side tank remaining. Still, I decided I was far to tired to continue driving, and with my back getting tight and my legs getting restless, I really needed out of the truck for a bit. It was cold out, but I took a walk around my immediate area to unwind from a chaotic week thus far. I headed back to my truck and went to sleep once I found a nice secluded place. I woke up fully expecting to bid on a load that would leave out later in the morning. I thought I'd get a bite to eat, maybe play some Eurotruck Simulator on my tablet for a while. I heard the new Raven Pack is out now. My digital FH16 may need a repaint!
Though, when I got on my tablet..to my surprise, a mom and pop chemical plant had a tandem tanker load. One tanker, loaded with Sulfuric acid, the other with Turpentine, and it was going just 97 miles up the road to Jonkoping. I guess my digital trucking will have to wait. If there's money to be made, even at 2 A.M., I'm going to make it.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Hakan

#297 Post by Hakan » 14 Mar 2017 16:44

Long story ! so cool!
SpottedHyena

#298 Post by SpottedHyena » 14 Mar 2017 18:17

Trucker's Log, Wednesday 11:43 A.M., April 12th

Once again folks! It's my lucky day. After dropping off the container of chemicals to the warehouse in which it was destined, I decided to look for another load, and another load I found. This one another military contract, for an APC. This "Amtrak" As they are known, was heading to Europe for emergency repairs, I could see on the trailer one of the drive sprockets for the tracks was sagging. A broken axle maybe?. The luck comes for where it is bound. You guessed it, Rostock, the ITCC there. Back home to the wife. You know, I could almost get rid of my sleeper cab and go for a daycab for jobs like this. Knowing my luck, as soon as I bought a "duty cabin" truck, I'd get sent across the continent somewhere.
I've mostly gotten used to the ferry rides.......on smoother tides....but today it was windy, and raining hard, spring was coming, and was coming in with a bang. As I pulled up to the boarding area, I could see the choppy seas out beyond the breakers of the Trelleborg docks. I had to force myself to shift back into first and drive my Pete on the ferry. This was a rough ocean, and if it's something I hate more than the ocean, it's a rough one. Did I mention I despise the ocean?

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Hakan

#299 Post by Hakan » 14 Mar 2017 18:21

Sooopuer story mate
SpottedHyena

#300 Post by SpottedHyena » 15 Mar 2017 16:26

Trucker's Log, Thursday April 13th, 7:30 A.M.

Ahhhh. What a good night's sleep. I took Ivanka out for a posh posh steak dinner. She was delighted, I try to spoil her whenever I can. Or when finances allow. I'm so glad I have Ivanka, without her I wouldn't be trucking here in Europe, or even in Europe at all for that matter!
After our wonderful night, I woke up at about 2 A.M. and got myself in gear. It was surprisingly warm out, at 2 AM it was 50 degrees. I noticed, Ivanka's bushes in the back yard have begun sprouting buds. It wont be long now...spring is in the air..I can smell it.

I bid on a load going out at 4 A.M. 33 tons of sand pulled out of a Rock Quarry. Apparently, the truck that was hauling it had some kind of break down, and was going to be stuck in the shop here in Rostock for a while. So the load had to be abandoned at the Tradeux and another company called in pronto to finish the run. It was going all the way to England, to a glass blowing factory.
I asked Ivanka if she minded I took such a long distance load, that I wouldnt be home until Sunday. She simply smiled and nodded her head, telling me "Weve spent two great days together. Go on, go trucking" Thats all the permission I needed! I hooked up to the Brazilian made Pastre dump trailer, lowered it's tag axles, and off I went, driving into the rising sun.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Return to “Screenshots”