Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

SpottedHyena

Re: Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

#331 Post by SpottedHyena » 26 Mar 2017 20:47

Trucker's log, May 2nd, Tuesday 1:51 P.M.

What a nice, easy load that was. Like I said before, I could go for those any day. It rained going all the way into Paris, but it stopped just short of my drop off point. It's pretty humid out here, but with a temperature of 64 degrees, it's a perfect day to shut off the vents and roll my windows down again.
After dropping off the doll, I got a contract from an aircraft engine manufacturer looking to send an experimental new engine for the Airbus to a facility in Graz, Austria. It was paying good, 6,670 Euros, and it was another long run, but with quite a bit more weight. This was a 40 ton pair of engines! Nothing I cant handle, just a bit more shifting up and down on the trip to make sure I dont get ran over by the autobahn traffic.
The complex was big enough to where goofy me actually got lost. I ended up in the receiving dock area instead of the shipping docks. After not seeing my trailer, I had to get on the horn with dispatch to figure out what to do. But i got it all squared away in the end.

[ external image ]
Hey bud, going to do some work today?
[ external image ]
Ouroboros Bulk Liquid Transportation, Venezia Italia. Volvo FM, 420 HP D13.
Hakan

#332 Post by Hakan » 26 Mar 2017 20:58

:o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
SpottedHyena

#333 Post by SpottedHyena » 27 Mar 2017 16:18

Trucker's Log, Thursday May 4th, 3:54 P.M.

What a long, tedious load that was! The road to Graz was filled full of hills and toll booths as far as the eye could see. I struggled the entire couple of days it took me to get there, but I finally made it, and without a moment to spare.
I decided to get a room for the night and relax in the comfort of a soft bed after bidding on a load going out Thursday afternoon. I get to visit Milan again and see my favorite waitress (Whom Ivanka despises) at the little corner diner in the city.
This would be a simple load, it isnt oversize or anything to special, I decided I needed a little break from the heavy stuff while not deviating to much from the loads I am supposed to be taking; 24 tons of treated lumber going to a Sansbuilders. I suppose they're still rebuilding after that avalanche earlier in the year. It was a beautiful 72 degree day according to the weatherman. Perfect day to be out trucking!

[ external image ]
Got wood?
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#334 Post by SpottedHyena » 27 Mar 2017 17:43

Trucker's Log, Friday May 5th, 12:00 P.M.

Yet another beautiful day to be out on the road. After delivering the lumber to the Sansbuilders, I decided to take an early lunch break to bid on loads going back towards Rostock. I'm going to try to make it back home on time, but I don't think it's going to happen. Gah, I got spoiled with taking freight in Scandinavia and being home during my work weeks so often. The weeks seem long, now that I am not home so often.
I managed to get a load going to a Steinbruch mining operation in Stuttgart. Hopefully this time my trip to the mines won't be a debacle like the last time. The slopes are steep, and with the weight of a 36 ton Leibherr dozer on my back, my service brakes are going to be in for a real tough time, I think.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#336 Post by SpottedHyena » 28 Mar 2017 14:30

obelihnio wrote:Cool as always! 8-)
Thank you Obel! By the way, nice looking Renault there!
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#337 Post by SpottedHyena » 28 Mar 2017 15:41

Trucker's Log, May 6th, Saturday 6:30 A.M.

Again, such a tedious load! I had to take the highways up to Stuttgart and boy, oh boy, what a hilly, curvy nightmare that was. The Cummins struggled under the heavy load, and once I got to the top of the hills I had to pull off to the side and turn on my flashers because the engine temperature had reached 230 degrees! The entire time, I dont think I ever left 5th gear, crawling at 12-17 Miles per hour all the way up. A line of traffic formed behind me as I made my slow ascent. I'm sure they were fairly unhappy.
Once to the mines, I had a difficult time again, the loud screaming of my jake brake could be heard all the way into the mines I bet, I dont think there was a person working there that wasnt aware of Black Velvet being there as she announced her thunderous presence by way of the loud chattering of the engine. in conjunction with the service brakes, I made it down well enough and offloaded the new dozer, ready to begin it's service to Steinbruch.
During my drive, I had a phone call that I intentionally missed. I NEVER talk on my phone while driving. It was Ivanka. I called her back while I piddled on my tablet. She picked up, and for a brief moment I heard someone else in the house, the voice sounded male;

Ivanka: "Hi love!'
Me: "Hi sweetheart, listen. I'm sorry about not being home on time again, I'll make it up to you, I promise. I just got caught out in Italy late in the week, I'll be home Sunday morning, we can spend all day together, I promise"
Ivanka: "It's alright sweetheart, I understand. Just.......can we not make a habit of this again? You remember what you promised me?"
Me: "I promised I would try, babe. It isn't as easy to just be home on time as you'de think. I can't just have run of the litter as far as where my freight is going, there's other companies bidding against me, sometimes I just don't get lucky."
Ivanka: "I know, I know..."
Me: "By the way, whos that there with you?"
Ivanka went silent for a moment. "He's a friend of mine, we go way back to our days in school. He's wanting to get hired on, he's a mechanic, you know"
Me: "Hm...well, alright. I was just wondering. Well listen, I have an eleven hour drive ahead of me. I'll drive for another couple of hours today then I have to stop for the day. I had a rough ride here to Stuttgart, and I'm pretty well worn out. So, you take care alright? I'll be home soon"
Ivanka: "Alright love, I love you.......I miss you.."

As I hung up the phone, i still had my suspicions. I wonder, does this "Friend" drive a blue BMW?
At any rate, I tried getting a load going back to Rostock, or at least going towards, and I found nothing. it looks like I will be going home empty. Thats fine, I made 17,000 before taxes this week. Thats counting fuel stops, hotel stays and tolls. So I think i'll be just fine to go home without freight today.

[ external image ]
The only time you'll see Black Velvet making her way up a mine! Empty!

[[I want to thank you one and all for reading and sticking with me during my adventures? I wonder what Ivanka's up to! Whos this "Friend". What will the next week in Trucker's Log bring us! I guess we'll find out..won't we?]]
[ external image ]
obelihnio

#338 Post by obelihnio » 28 Mar 2017 18:07

A new intrigue!? Awesome read and a cool idea to finish on a cliffhanger. 8-)
Hakan

#339 Post by Hakan » 28 Mar 2017 18:14

:shock: :shock: :shock:
BK Vissers

#340 Post by BK Vissers » 28 Mar 2017 18:56

A mechanic, eh? Hmmmm.... :?

Return to “Screenshots”