Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

SpottedHyena

Re: Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

#321 Post by SpottedHyena » 23 Mar 2017 21:20

Yay! Hakan's here, too!
[ external image ]
Ouroboros Bulk Liquid Transportation, Venezia Italia. Volvo FM, 420 HP D13.
SpottedHyena

#322 Post by SpottedHyena » 23 Mar 2017 22:37

Trucker's Log, Friday, April 28th, 4:43 P.M.

Welp, it looks like I dont get to get home on time again. Ivanka already knows, and she isnt all that thrilled. I dont blame her, I just hope she knows I miss her as much as she misses me...
Blah, mushy mushy mushy! Gotta think of man stuff! Bear wrestling! Chainsaws! Explosions!....harumph!
I found where I was to offload in Uppsala, on the outskirts to a farm. The farmers had given up actually raising crop, and decided to invest their entire savings and fortune into wind turbines. He was only buying two of them, but he certainly planned on expanding. The owner was a family man, a wife and four kids. He certainly loved chatting with me as I was trying to work. Not that I don't mind sitting down for a good bit of gossip, but buddy, time means money in this business, after pulling out of the field and back onto the road, My next load was actually at a private residence. A man had rented a Caterpillar D7 Dozer to do some landscaping, and needed it gone. I was just the man to do it. The Dozer was headed back to a lockup in Jongkoping, which is on the way down back to Rostock, where I need to be.
Oh I wish I could play tourist here, Uppsala is so beautiful. That Gorgeous cathedral, all the neat buildings and sights! Alas, I just dont have time to stop and take pictures. I have heard of a new mom and pop style touring company where they give you tours on some old bus from the 70s. I am a sucker for nostalgia, if you couldn't already tell. May have to book a tour if they come to Scandinavia.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#323 Post by SpottedHyena » 23 Mar 2017 23:32

Trucker's Log, Saturday April 29th, 8:28 A.M.

It looks like I will be going home empty. After dropping the D7 off, and then getting some sleep at, you guessed it, another Hotel in Jonkoping, I got onto the freight market and found only one load heading to Malmo, which would get me closer. I got outbid by a thousand Euros. Geez! With nothing else going that direction, or at least going that direction without wildly overshooting Rostock, It's time to get my tail end home.
Thank you one and all for all your support and comments! I'll see you next time on the road truckers. buh bye!

[ external image ]
Last edited by SpottedHyena on 24 Mar 2017 17:46, edited 1 time in total.
[ external image ]
Hakan

#324 Post by Hakan » 24 Mar 2017 16:19

Great Story!
obelihnio

#325 Post by obelihnio » 24 Mar 2017 17:12

Awesome read again mate. Sucks to be undercut though. :x
SpottedHyena

#326 Post by SpottedHyena » 24 Mar 2017 17:50

Its a side effect of driving an older truck like mine. I don't get near the gas mileage that newer trucks do! Some companies even will take a bid that is slightly higher than mine, because of this;

Company looks at two trucks that want to haul their freight, they see a 2016 Volvo vs an old 1954 Peterbilt.
Judging by the year alone, which truck do you think will most reliably get your freight to where it needs to go without breaking down? But hey, I still get work so, I am certainly not complaining about a little empty running from time to time!
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#327 Post by SpottedHyena » 26 Mar 2017 02:49

Trucker's Log, Monday May 1st, 5:45 A.M.

Well, I did manage to get home in time to spend quite a bit of the weekend with Ivanka. So she cant be to upset at me! I bid on a load going out at 12:30 A.M. on Monday, then enjoyed my time off. I got up at around 11:30, got a shower and then out the door. Arriving at a warehouse that serviced Agricultural equipment, I picked up a cutter for a Case International Harvester. The farm it's going to in Erfurt is expanding it's crop this year to Soybeans, and they'll need this for their combine to harvest them this autumn. So my week begins with a short load to Erfurt. Welcome everyone to another edition of truckers log. Hope you enjoy looking at the screenshots and stories, as much as I do writing and taking them :)

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#328 Post by SpottedHyena » 26 Mar 2017 04:06

Trucker's Log, Monday May 1st, 5:00 P.M.

Almost lost a load that I bid on and won today, I'm so irritated right now.
After dropping off the Harvester cutter, I went to a local Hotel in Erfurt and stayed the night. While in the room, I managed to bid on a contract going to Paris. I was happy to get it, it was an empty Doll 4 axle going back to a BHV in Paris. A construction company here in Erfurt unloaded it's cargo, and didnt need the trailer cluttering up their work site. After I woke up later on in the day, I checked out and walked out into a pouring rainstorm. Once I got to the Sansbuilder's site, I noticed that their staging area was nothing but a huge mud-hole. I remember what happened the last time I attempted this, I ended up getting stuck, even with the tandems locked. Since it was a Doll trailer, which needs air pressure to operate correctly, I had no choice but to try and make it, I called the dispatcher and let him know of the situation, and told him that I may need his help getting in or out of the lot. He more or less insulted me! Basically telling me that if I couldn't do the job then maybe he needed to call someone else.
I called his bluff, and after about 10 minutes of hee hawing back and forth, He said maybe he could "Spare" a dozer in case I got into trouble. What a ^%@$! Fortunately, my mother didn't raise a fool, and I took the time to put my Tire chains on used for winter to get in and out of there. Even then, I almost managed to get stuck. Of course, I had to take the chains back off once I got out onto pavement. All of this cost me a good half an hour. Uhg. But once on the road, I settled in for a dream load. 2 tons? Long distance? I could take these all week long.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Hakan

#329 Post by Hakan » 26 Mar 2017 11:25

Nice shots! nice stories!

Return to “Screenshots”