Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

SpottedHyena

Re: Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

#312 Post by SpottedHyena » 21 Mar 2017 15:46

Trucker's Log, Saturday, 12:20 PM, April 22nd.

Barf! Oh god. The waters were fairly rough on my way to Norway. It was horrible, I couldnt hold anything down. By the time I got to Norway, I felt the need to jump out and kiss the ground next to my truck much to the amusement of a few others that were packed into the holds with me.
After delivering my load, I noticed that it was Saturday already. Ivanka is going to be upset, there's no way I'll make it home in time for a full weekend. Hopefully, i will at least be able to spend Sunday with her.
Come on freight market! Dont let me down! The usual bidding war erupted on a load of equipment. I was actually losing the bid by a slim margin when I cheated. See, I was already at the Scania Factory, off in the corner in the dark they allotted for me to take a break in (They didnt want anyone to see a Peterbilt sitting at the Scania Factory). The load i was bidding on, the gutted hulks of generator casks bound for Rostock to be loaded on a freighter back to the United States, was sitting there next to the crane they were currently unloading. I have a call to the shipping manager telling him where I was, and that I was already ready. It took a bit of haggling and convincing, but despite me being a few hundred Euros higher than my nearest competition, I managed to convince them to let me have the freight because A: I'm sitting right there. No wait time to get it off of the property to make room for other things. and B: I have shipped from the Scania factory before. Never late, never damaged. It pays to have a silver tongue and a good reputation. I got a ways into my journey and decided to stop for the night.
Once I woke up, it was so hard to get me out of my sleeper. The rain pitter pattering, the sound of thunder. I was a tired horsey, all I wanted to do was sleep the entire day away. But I knew better, I had an anxious wife at home, and this load has a timer, so back in the driver seat I climbed, and with the loud howl of my Cummins engine, I was off on my last load of the week....The one going home.

[ external image ]

Again thank you everyone who spends the time to come and read my blogs. BkVissers, Obelihnio, Hakan, you guys are awesome. I'll see you back on the road come Monday!
[ external image ]
Ouroboros Bulk Liquid Transportation, Venezia Italia. Volvo FM, 420 HP D13.
Hakan

#313 Post by Hakan » 21 Mar 2017 18:00

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
SpottedHyena

#314 Post by SpottedHyena » 22 Mar 2017 23:28

Trucker's Log, Monday April 24th, 5:45 A.M.

I was right in saying that Ivanka was at least a little bit disappointed in my late arrival on Sunday morning. It feels like I havnt had much of a day off at all, really, hopefully this week I will get home on time.
Waking at 3:00, I got ready and got out of the door at about 4 A.M to pick up a load going to a BCP in Leipzig. A load of new sewage drain pipes are going in on the street right in front of the company. I was told that BCP didnt mind that they were stored there for the moment, since obviously I couldnt just park the trailer in the middle of the street. Construction hadnt started yet, and wouldnt begin until I got these there.
I had forgotten that on my way back to Rostock last week, I was low on fuel, and wouldnt you know it? I'm still low now! I'll have to keep the RPM's as low as I can until I get to a truck stop, I've only ever ran out of fuel once, Lets hope I dont manage that again.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#315 Post by SpottedHyena » 23 Mar 2017 00:31

Trucker's Log, Monday April 24th, 8:48 P.M.

After dropping off the large pipes in Leipzig, I decided to make good on my promise to myself. It was a bit to late in my run to really take out another load, and with a 50 degree night ahead of me, I won't have to worry about my truck being hard to start later.
I checked in to a 4 Star Radisson Blu Hotel, and got the top level suites. That, coupled with the food..I spent about 300 Euros. Crazy, right? But I'll never sleep in a softer bed, or eat a better steak than I did then.

After a VERY good eight hours of sleep, I checked out and got back into my truck. I searched for another load and got another one of those 44 ton excavator mining arms. Turns out, this was the VERY same mining arm and trailer I had dropped off just last week! Refurbished and ready for an equipment parts depot. Deja vu all over again.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#316 Post by SpottedHyena » 23 Mar 2017 08:02

Trucker's Log, Tuesday April 25th, 5:45 P.M.

It was hard going up the hills leading to Bern, but I made it, even though I spend a lot of my time being a road hazard and slowing down the autobahn for people. Oh well, they need to slow down anyway, if you have to drive like Klaudia Hurtgen on the Nurburgring then you should have left earlier!
After dropping off the excavator arm and bidding it farewell for the second time, I got a load of brick going to a construction site in Gdansk. Bern to Gdansk? Over 800 miles? I'll certainly take that! A nice, long quiet run. 35 tons is enough to tax the truck, but not enough to warrant having to shift when a slight incline comes along. I'll enjoy every bit of the nice, long road ahead. I have to admit, I could have done a better job strapping it down, but there wasnt any place to put those stray pallets. Still, it seems secure enough to get where it needs to go.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#317 Post by SpottedHyena » 23 Mar 2017 11:18

Trucker's Log, Thursday April 27th, 6:45 P.M.

What a nice long drive, I really enjoyed being able to relax and really get settled in for once. After dropping off the brick so that construction could continue on a new School, I headed for a local Hotel and checked in for a well earned rest.
Once I got up, I hit the freight market to see what I could get. There wasn't much of any substance out there today, I managed to get a nose cone to a wind turbine heading for Uppsala. But after the ferry fees, I was only going to make about 531 Euros on it. Not to mention, I need fuel again. I guess I'll have to take a mulligan on this one. That, or go home a day early, which would most likely cost me even more money in the long run. Oh well, it looks cool at least!

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#319 Post by SpottedHyena » 23 Mar 2017 19:55

Thank you Obel! Thanks for joining me again ^^
[ external image ]
Hakan

#320 Post by Hakan » 23 Mar 2017 20:46

Nice story mate !

Return to “Screenshots”