Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

SpottedHyena

Re: Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

#421 Post by SpottedHyena » 22 Apr 2017 22:50

Trucker's Log, Saturday June 13th, 9:00 P.M.
I tried hard to make the entire trip in one leg, but lack of sleep prevented me from making it. Stopping at a truck stop, I had hoped it was early enough in the morning to fall asleep, and I thought maybe my fatigue would see me sleep through the heat of the summer. I, was wrong. I slept for four hours, and woke panting. I rolled around my sleeper bed, kicking off my blankets and the like before out of frustration I got up. I got an energy drink or two from the truck stop and got back out on the roads.
Once I got to the Tramari where the cobra was to have it's weapon systems removed, I sat in the plant's break room preparing to bid on another load and soaking up the cool air of the air conditioner when I saw a bid on a load that was already sitting outside. A load of pre-cast concrete floors going to a Sansbuilders in Hamburg.
It wasn't hard to convince the management that since I was already there, I could take it. It wasnt paying much, but it was only a 3 hour trip. I drove into the evening, again admiring the beautiful skies that the setting sun provided. My phone went off a couple of times, It was Steffani. I'll see what she's wanting when get somewhere I can stop. I have a thing against texting while driving. Not that I could anyway, tablets are big, awkward things.

[ external image ][/quote]
Last edited by SpottedHyena on 22 Apr 2017 22:56, edited 1 time in total.
[ external image ]
Ouroboros Bulk Liquid Transportation, Venezia Italia. Volvo FM, 420 HP D13.
Hakan

#422 Post by Hakan » 22 Apr 2017 22:51

No words, man so nice story!
SpottedHyena

#423 Post by SpottedHyena » 22 Apr 2017 23:30

Saturday, June 13th, 11:45 P.M.

It was a hop skip and a jump to the Sansbuilders in Hamburg, where the workers were burning the midnight oils working on a brand new hotel. They seemed ready to put in the flooring on the first few floors, as the steel support beams were already in place. After I got unloaded, I decided to check my tablet to see if maybe something was going to Rostock. Just as I suspected, there was nothing. I almost forgot to check my phone to see what Steffani had said;

Steffani: Hey there! I just wanted to see if you wanted to hang out again. I have a couple of days off, thought we would get together. You know, just friends. I promise.
I smiled. That wouldnt be a bad idea, really. Steffani is a pretty nice girl, itl be fun to spend a little down time with her. Not that I won't be getting much time to begin with, after all, I still have that sleep I need to get to.

Me: "Sure! I wouldnt mind at all"
I'm sure she's asleep, hopefully that didnt wake her. With a two hour drive going home, I'll get to bed early so that I can spend the afternoon doing whatever "Friend things" she has in mind. I may even be open to a casual date or the like. I dont know yet...

Thank you one and all for spending another week with me! JustseeTV, Obelihnio, BKVissers, Hakan. Thank you all for the support, and we'll see you next time!
[ external image ]
JUseeTV

#425 Post by JUseeTV » 23 Apr 2017 06:49

Your stories are awesome!
I am not giving any sort of support, requests or Q&A through private messages, such messages will be ignored. Please use the appropriate topics, they are there for a reason.
Hakan

#426 Post by Hakan » 23 Apr 2017 10:07

^^
BK Vissers

#427 Post by BK Vissers » 25 Apr 2017 16:28

Haha @ Obe - love Shaun the sheep...

@Spotty - Geez, dude, you're getting me worried, between ferries and insomnia.... :shock: will ya make it?
SpottedHyena

#428 Post by SpottedHyena » 26 Apr 2017 13:42

BK Vissers wrote:Haha @ Obe - love Shaun the sheep...

@Spotty - Geez, dude, you're getting me worried, between ferries and insomnia.... :shock: will ya make it?
I just have to get used to being without my beloved airconditioner through the summer, thats all!
[ external image ]
BK Vissers

#429 Post by BK Vissers » 26 Apr 2017 14:15

Can't retrofit something for cooling? Maybe it's time to go modern :o :lol:
SpottedHyena

#430 Post by SpottedHyena » 26 Apr 2017 15:13

@BKVissers I can, but I dont want to have to cut on or modify the truck in any way thats permanent. In case I ever want to show her, or sell her.
Trucker's Log, June 15th, 6:00 A.M.

I managed to spend a little time with Steffani before hitting the bed, she always seems to happy to see me all the time! We went to see the new Ghost in A Shell movie, I had no idea she was an anime fan like I was. Though I've not watched one for a long, long time.
After the movie, it was off to bed for me, and I slept and slept and then I slept some more!

Feeling refreshed, and ready to take on the week, I decided to start it off right. A 46 ton Leopard main battle tank was going from the Rostock docks where it just arrived, to a drop point in Hamburg. From there, it will be taken via a military convoy to an unknown destination with a division of other tanks just like it. It isnt paying much, since it isnt going far. But hey! Money is money, and I'm always happy to make it when I can.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Return to “Screenshots”