Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

SpottedHyena

Re: Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

#481 Post by SpottedHyena » 17 May 2017 17:29

Trucker's Log, Monday July 15th, 5:30 A.M.

Another week started far, far to early. To give you an idea, I was in my truck and driving to pick up my first load at 12 A.M. on the dot. A load of 3 Duetz tractors were needed for a Tree-ET in Leipzig before their work day began. Breakfast would come in the form of cheap buffet food and coffee at a local truck stop where I had to get about 1,900 Euros worth of fuel, the entire profit for this load. As I was leaning against the truck watching the numbers tick by on the pump, my phone went off. It was Steffi.
Steff Steff: Hi Micka! I just wanted to say I had a lot of fun this weekend, for someone that's just wanting to be friends, you sure took me on a date that no man has taken me on before. Thank you for the movies, the dinner, the park. The wine tasting he next day! I didnt even know I liked wine until I tested it with you! I cant wait to see you again, be safe out there, okay?"

.......Okay, I went a little overboard. But I wanted to impress her? This is a slippery slope....and I'm sliding down it. Outwardly, I want to be her friend, I -have- to be her friend. Inwardly.....well...she's starting to grow on me. On the other paw, I still love Ivanka. I really do. This is getting complicated and out of paw quickly....

My deep thoughts were interrupted by the loud -clack- of the pump disengaging. As I returned to reality and hung the nozzle up for the pump, I put my game face on and climbed back into my truck. These thoughts will have to wait, all that matters is the here and the now. I'm here, with these tractors, and Tree-ET Wants them now....

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Ouroboros Bulk Liquid Transportation, Venezia Italia. Volvo FM, 420 HP D13.
SpottedHyena

#482 Post by SpottedHyena » 17 May 2017 18:17

Trucker's Log, Monday, July 15th, 5:10 P.M.

After delivering the Deutz tractors to Tree-ET, I decided here was a good time to get some rest. I had trucked all morning, and I only had a couple of hours left that I could lawfully drive. So, I called it a day. Fortunately, I was able to find a hotel room at such odd hours (For a higher fee than normal) and was able to get some good, quality sleep in a soft bed.

My next load, was heading for Poznan, Tolland. A Stokes warehouse which evidently has branched out into wind turbine parts had purchased a load of re manufactured generators and electrical suites for them. So off I go! Blasting down the road, window down, arm hanging out with the wind in my fur!

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#484 Post by SpottedHyena » 17 May 2017 18:46

There he is! Hello Obel! :D
[ external image ]
BK Vissers

#485 Post by BK Vissers » 18 May 2017 02:48

Wine-tasting...sounds fun!
SpottedHyena

#486 Post by SpottedHyena » 18 May 2017 19:01

@BKVissers Wine tasting is ALWAYS fun :)

Trucker's Log, Wednesday July 17th, 10:00 A.m.

After reaching Poznan, I decided to call it a day. Spending the rest of it staying off of the streets for fear a Tollbooth would find me. There's just so many in Poland, and they dont have EZ pass seems like unless I'm missing something, the stuff of nightmares having to stop and go all the time. I also noticed my clutch was slipping, getting harder to get the truck into gear with more grinding involved. I was able to make an appointment to have it looked at during my short stay in the city and got it in right away. Meanwhile, I decided a hotel was what I needed.

The next day, I picked up my truck and paid the nominal fee of...2,000 Euros?!?! Holy cow! Well, there went an entire days profit. Scheisters!
Welp, time to work double time to make it up, and i would do just that; I took a load going to Rotterdam for 6,086 Euros. A 30 ton heavy crane going to a construction site there. Sansbuilders bought this one outright, rather than lease it. It was a good, long load away from trollbooths out to snatch up all my money! It took a good 24 hours counting the 10 hour downtime to get there, but I made it in time to get this crew started on a new sky scraper going up here. Always glad to help others make progress!........for a nominal fee, of course :)

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#487 Post by SpottedHyena » 19 May 2017 04:12

Trucker's Log, July 17th, Wednesday 7:30 P.M.

After I got the crane dropped off, I bid on a 26 ton load of cement bags on a flatbed heading for Hannover to a Tradeux in the morning. They've added new warehouse space there, and instead of going for concrete they're going to try and just use cement and a small local contractor to save money. That is going out in the evening. But for now, I was going to get some sleep. I trucked all night, and now it was time to sleep it off.

After I checked out at 3 P.M., I was on the road again heading out of Amsterdam. The architecture here is so cool! Driving under man made canals as tugboats pass quite literally, overhead of you. And the vast airport here. I hate the water, but I do love to fly. In an airplane, of course. On the trip here from the states, I didnt sleep on the airplane at all. I'll admit, I was fascinated with watching the clouds, and the world passing beneath me. It had been the first time I had ever been on an airplane before, so naturally, when i see them as I drive by taking off and landing, I go back to that memory...maybe I should have been a DHL Pilot. But then I bet, I'd be dreaming of being those truck drivers on the autobahn watching them go by whilst I sit on the tarmac.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#488 Post by SpottedHyena » 19 May 2017 16:00

Trucker's Log, Thursday July 18th, 11:45 A.M.

Cement bags delivered! Now it was time to take my spotted rear to bed. I settled in for a hotel in Hannover and a good hot meal, I brokered a good paying load going to Jonkoping that was headed out in the morning. That was exciting, considering it would be Thursday soon. The trip would put me in the vicinity of Rostock come Friday. The load also allowed me enough time to make a stop in my home town to see what Steffi is up to. I may stop by her diner for a bite to eat when she's there working.

The next day, the rain was pouring down as I left Hannover for a TREE-ET. The CAT Challenger I was to haul back to Jonkoping was leased, and it was time to go back home to it's hub for a freshening up and placed back on the lot.

[ external image ]
33 Tons
[ external image ]
JUseeTV

#489 Post by JUseeTV » 19 May 2017 16:38

Your stories are always a pleasure to read!
I am not giving any sort of support, requests or Q&A through private messages, such messages will be ignored. Please use the appropriate topics, they are there for a reason.
SpottedHyena

#490 Post by SpottedHyena » 19 May 2017 18:18

@JUseeTV Thank you so much! Thank you for supporting!

Trucker's Log, Friday July 21st, 3:30 P.M.

God I wish I could keep the dates on my logs on here right! I'm such a dingaling.
The trip to Sweden took a bit less time than I thought it would. The next morning, it seemed I would have a bit more time to take another short load here before I needed to head back to Rostock.
I searched and poked around, and got a 30 ton load of gravel in a little tipper going to Orebro. Although this will put me behind schedule, it won't be by much. Steffi was excited to see me walk into her diner and order food, of course I tipped her well. We sat and talked on her break for quite some time. Though I can tell she's starting to get a bit frustrated that she's in the friends boat. I need to figure out what I am going to do with Ivanka, and fast. I'm putting myself in a sticky situation, I think.

Only a 3 hour trip to a construction site at Norrsken, and then I'll be looking for loads going back towards Rostock, provided I can find one. If not? Oh well, I did fairly well this week.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Return to “Screenshots”