Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

SpottedHyena

Re: Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

#261 Post by SpottedHyena » 05 Mar 2017 14:25

Trucker's Log, Tuesday March 28th, 5:30 P.M.

After dropping off the load in Olzstyn, I started bidding down on another load in the area. I won a load going to Berlin. A new construction site was beginning, and they needed this 34 ton Komatsu excavator as a part of their fleet of equipment to begin the building process. After leaving out on my journey, excavator in tow, I began hearing a sort of vibrating sound coming from around where the transmission meets the engine. When I stopped on a pull off on a highway, I opened the hood and looked around. I didnt find anything loose or flopping around however. Oh god, please please dont go down on me now. I -have- to have money for the bills. If my truck goes down during this week, I will be without a prayer.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Ouroboros Bulk Liquid Transportation, Venezia Italia. Volvo FM, 420 HP D13.
Hakan

#262 Post by Hakan » 05 Mar 2017 14:32

Nice Story.
SpottedHyena

#263 Post by SpottedHyena » 05 Mar 2017 15:43

Hakan wrote:Nice Story.
hello Hakan! Good to see you're up, how are your travels today? :3
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#264 Post by SpottedHyena » 05 Mar 2017 15:54

Trucker's Log, Wednesday March 29th, 11:15 A.M.

I found out what that vibrating sound was, the hard way. While picking up a Liebherr Crane bound for a construction yard, from a construction yard, in Oslo. Apparently the company that is building this structure in Berlin has a division in scandinavia as well, and they are sharing equipment. That vibration that I spoke of earlier? became a loud clatter, and then my truck was on the side of the road. Fortunately, I was still in the city when it happened, and a tow didnt cost nearly as much as it would have otherwise.
Upon arriving at the shop, I found out that my truck had sheered a flywheel key, and that the flywheel was about to saw it's way out of the bellhousing of the transmission. The casing was scarred, to be sure, but the transmission wasnt seriously damaged. After the parts were replaced, I was back on the road the next morning having spent the night in a hotel. Thankfully, this load puts me over my threshold even with the time in the shop. I'll be able to finish paying the hospital bill off this month, of which I am thrilled of! I'll make a stop in Rostock before hopping the ferry to Scandinavia to deliver the crane to see my Ivanka dearest, and tell her the good financial news!

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Hakan

#265 Post by Hakan » 05 Mar 2017 16:23

Good story!
SpottedHyena

#266 Post by SpottedHyena » 05 Mar 2017 17:40

Trucker's Log, Thursday March 30th, 4:07 P.M.

It's so beautiful driving through Scandinavia, makes me think Ivanka and I should move the business and our home to Norway or Sweden. Though, it would mean I would have to learn an entire new language again.
After dropping off the crane, and getting a good night's sleep, I was back on my tablet for another load, and boy did I score a whopper. Not many bids for this one, most likely because of everything that had to be done;
It was a couple of Piston aircraft engines that had been restored of WWII Vintage. They were Rolls Royce Merlin V12s, going into a Lancaster heavy bomber that someone was restoring. I have a thing for World War two, and especially aviation. I wanted to be a pilot for the longest time, but I don't like jets very much. I am glad I spent a night with ivanka at home during the week, because it looks like I will be late going home. With it already being Thursday, and me having to make not one, but TWO..yes..TWO gut wrenching, nerve wracking ferry rides to England, I am fairly sure I will be late going home.
At 40 tons, these engines will test my truck, especially in the mountainous areas that comprise the U.K. Oh well, the old girl can handle it I am sure.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Hakan

#267 Post by Hakan » 05 Mar 2017 18:53

Amazing!
Hakan

#269 Post by Hakan » 06 Mar 2017 16:33

:shock:

Return to “Screenshots”