Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

SpottedHyena

Re: Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

#491 Post by SpottedHyena » 19 May 2017 18:51

Trucker's Log, Friday July 21st, 7:30 P.M.

What a shame.
After unloading the gravel from the tipper, and then dropping it in a designated spot, I began poking around for more loads. This time, going towards home, being so far out, I really hoped I could find something substantial...I did not.
As I said earlier, I did fairly well this week financially. Still, that's a long drive with no freight on my back wasting fuel. *Sigh*

Thank you one and all for reading and commenting on my blog! I appreciate each and every one of you. Hopefully one day, I'll get my dates right :p.
As always, I'll see you all on the road!
[ external image ]
Ouroboros Bulk Liquid Transportation, Venezia Italia. Volvo FM, 420 HP D13.
JUseeTV

#492 Post by JUseeTV » 20 May 2017 19:07

Great story mate!
I am not giving any sort of support, requests or Q&A through private messages, such messages will be ignored. Please use the appropriate topics, they are there for a reason.
SpottedHyena

#493 Post by SpottedHyena » 21 May 2017 16:03

Trucker's log, 3:30 P.M, Monday july 24th.

I got a late start today, but all by design. I went out with Steffani again, and I had so much fun. She's such a fun girl! Classy too. We spent some time by the docks watching the sunset and just talking...Thats when I admitted to her something......that I still had to deal with Ivanka. I told her what was going on and, despite her apparent disappointment she was understanding. "I'll back off a bit then, I knew Ivanka was still in your thoughts but, I didnt know about this.." she said. We promised each other, friends for now..then if the time comes, something more. That takes such a load off my mind...
I got up today at about 9:30, and by 10, I was on the road with a 50 ton load of nose caps for wind turbines heading for a construction site in Luxembourg. With a clear mind and the open road ahead of me, everything was okay...For now. I still had to talk to Ivanka, maybe I'll do that this weekend....

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#494 Post by SpottedHyena » 21 May 2017 18:12

Trucker's Log, Tuesday 7:45 P.M., July 25th.

I have made an important decision. If I get a load going back thru Rostock, i am going to face up to Ivanka. She continues to swear up and down that she can explain everything, and now I think I am ready to hear what she has to say. As I said a while ago, I need to make a decision and fast. Steffi has already said she wants to date me. But something inside of me still says I should give Ivanka a chance to explain herself. I dont want to go into a new relationship with all of the "What ifs" in the back of my mind. Before I call it quits, I want to exhaust everything...every angle.

After delivering the nose caps for the Windmills, I called it a night. I ate at a nice restaurant here in Luxembourg and then got a hotel. As evening rolled around on Tuesday, I picked up another load going across the channel to Dover in England. It's been a while since I've been to merry old England, and you know for once? I'm not dreading the trip over there! The load? A B-Double style tanker set up. One tanker, carrying Sulphuric Acid, the other, carrying the base to neutralize it. Both heading to a LKW Warehouse. Looks like some night driving again, fine by me! I'll be enjoying the cool air as I drive.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#495 Post by SpottedHyena » 21 May 2017 20:31

Trucker's Log, July 26th, Wednesday 4:00 P.M.

Looks like my stay in England got extended a bit. After arriving in Dover and dropping off the tankers, I turned in for the night. I got another load in England going just up the way to Felixowe. A heavy 48 ton Excavator, freshly repaired at a heavy equipment shop needed to go back to the TREE-ET there, and I was the man to get it there. Aside from never reaching the speed limit, and angering a lot of motorists undoubtedly already late for work, it's always a nice ride through England. I enjoy the scenery, it calms the nerves if one were already worked up.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#496 Post by SpottedHyena » 21 May 2017 21:07

Trucker's Log, July 26th, Wednesday 5:00 P.M.

There see? Quick and easy. Until I had to back into a place where there was a trailer only a few feet away from where it was supposed to go! I haggled with the dispatch until I turned red in the face and hung up on him. I was so furious! This is ridiculous! I have half a mind to leave it right there in the entrance way and let them deal with it. it would almost be worth the financial penalties.
It took about 15 minutes of back and forth, back and forth, back and forth to cram the trailer into the overcrowded lot. All the while I was cursing and carrying on. But finally I got it. Soon the owner came out and we had words with one another, I wanted to fight him, stupid idiot!
I was never so happy to leave a drop site in my life. What is with people? At any rate, after settling down and taking an aspirin for the throbbing headache I had, I bid on another load. Another load to a TREE-ET in Southampton. It was a tank of 16 tons worth of Diesel fuel to run their generators and some of their diesel powered equipment. Wow....this is a lot of fuel for those purposes. Normally, I'd leave this up to other companies but for some reason this was on a flatbed trailer....So...why not? By the time I get there, itl be time to call it a day. Thank god, I've had enough of trucking for one day, I think.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#497 Post by SpottedHyena » 22 May 2017 14:29

Trucker's Log, Thursday July 28th, 7:00 A.M.

This TREE-ET was so much more agreeable...given the fact that for the most part it was close down. A large Krone 4 Axle curtainsider was being loaded with old machinery bound for another company that bought what is essentially worn out equipment for pfennig on the Euro. All manner of stuff, Saws, shredders, lathes, you name it.
After very easily parking the trailer of Diesel fuel in it's spot, I was phoned by the manager and asked to come inside. Great, the guys at the other TREE-ET called in on me.
I climbed out of my truck and headed inside, expecting to have to defend myself to keep a customer...but instead, I was greeted by opportunity. "You see that big trailer out there?" The bull asked me "The Krone..." Me: "Yeah, I see it.." Manager: "The driver that was supposed to take that opted out, family emergency of some kind. I need it off my lot by tomorrow, I've got 5 trucks coming in with all new equipment and I have to have room here. Think you could do me a favor? If you arent busy, that is" Me: "Never to busy to make money bud..." Manager: "Thats the spirit. Alright, after all is said and done, 26 tons. It's heading for some start up operation in Warsaw." -Warsaw?!?- I thought to myself -Holy crap! Now that's quite a haul- Soon the Bull was dialing a phone number...the number of the company on the buying end. Now we were going to have a full on 3 way meeting. Hah, Imagine that, me, meeting with company execs.
The conversation went on until finally, the bull put the man on speaker phone. He introduced himself to me, and then we got down to the numbers. 'So" the voice on the phone asked "What will it take?" I crunched some numbers, adding in Ferry, fuel, tolls, and the usual mileage expenses. I came up with a ridiculous number..one that would surely be refused. "13,500"... The voice on the phone laughed "Are you kidding me? I don't have that kind of capital. Come on, surely we can work something out...11,500". I cringed "Now you're bleeding me dry buddy...13,000.... The voice answered still to high, Look pal, I dont have the kind of money you need. I'm just a little guy out here..you know? Give me a break". I can certainly sympathise with him. Thats what my entire company is....little guys... "Alright" I said "This, is my final offer...then I walk. 12,000. Thats it.." The phone fell silent. "Alright" he said "You have a deal, send your info..have it here in 47 hours."

Fast forward to an hour later, and here I am. Looks like Ivanka is going to have to wait, because I highly, -highly- doubt I'm coming home on time. But this was just to good to pass up. 26 tons? 960 miles? Oh yeah...this will be a good, good load.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
JUseeTV

#498 Post by JUseeTV » 22 May 2017 15:06

Your stories are amazing!
I am not giving any sort of support, requests or Q&A through private messages, such messages will be ignored. Please use the appropriate topics, they are there for a reason.
Hakan

Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

#499 Post by Hakan » 22 May 2017 16:29

Woah, many stories to read since last post, nice anyway!
SpottedHyena

#500 Post by SpottedHyena » 22 May 2017 18:35

JUseeTV Thank you! Thank you so much!

@Hakan: What can I say? I am a busy, busy yena!
[ external image ]

Return to “Screenshots”