Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

SpottedHyena

Re: Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

#402 Post by SpottedHyena » 16 Apr 2017 15:10

Trucker's Log, Saturday May 6th 7:42 P.M.

Ahhh, what a nice long, relaxing trip that was. I got a chance to see the product of the summer months at their finest. Green trees, fields of gold, the warm temperatures. Not hot, not yet, but just right. I managed to super truck the entire journey in 2 days, and when I delivered the ore to the Pig Iron plant in Ostrava, I was falling asleep. I even fell asleep while I was dumping the ore onto an underground trolley with my foot on the gas. Once the ore began sliding out of the back and the truck moved and shook it woke me again. I could have stopped at a truck stop earlier in the day and then came here, but being a fragile little flower who loves his air conditioning, I pushed it. After unloading and unhooking the trailer, I got myself to a good hotel and checked in. Once I parked the truck, I leaned against the wheel...that was all I remember. I woke up a couple of hours later to the trilling of my cell phone going off, and a pain in my neck from sleeping against my wheel. The nap refreshed me a bit, but I knew I needed to get my furry hind end to bed. I looked at the phone to see Ivanka and Steffani had texted me.
Ivanka wanted to talk, but for now, I had no desire. Steffani, also wanted to talk.
Steff: "Hey Micka! I didnt see you in town, still on the road?"
Me: "Yeah, but I'll be on my way towards home now"
Steff: "Stop by the diner and let's spend some time together"
Me: "I...dont think thats a good idea right now"
Steff: "Erm...even as just friends?"
Me:" Well....as friends sure, I could use someone to talk to."
Steff: Okay! I'll see you when you get here!"

Unfortunately, I dont think I'll be making it in time. Maybe for a few hours or so, but not much more. Once I composed myself, I headed for the hotel and got checked in. After a shower, I went straight to bed.
After waking up today, I got on my tablet and bid on a load going to Berlin. The only load that was going towards Rostock, and I got undercut by somone named Obelihnio. Hmph. Looks like I'm going home empty. It's just as well, I had another decent financial week thanks to the load of Iron ore.

Thank you one and all whom read and follow my trucking adventures and misadventures. Will I ever be able to talk to Ivanka again? What does she want to talk about?? What's this newfound friendship with Steffani going to amount to?! Will I remember to put on my socks right side out this time!? Stay tuned for the next installment of; Trucker's Log!
[ external image ]
Ouroboros Bulk Liquid Transportation, Venezia Italia. Volvo FM, 420 HP D13.
Hakan

#403 Post by Hakan » 17 Apr 2017 01:09

Woow noice!!
SpottedHyena

#404 Post by SpottedHyena » 17 Apr 2017 17:26

Trucker's Log, Monday June 8th, 4:25 A.M.

Well, to say Steff is an excitable person is an understatement. When I pulled the big truck into her diner, and sat down for a bite to eat I was completely exhausted. But seeing her eyes light up when she saw me was refreshing enough to make me stay and chat with her for an hour or so after her shift was over. She suggested we go to a movie sometime or the like, but I dont think I'll be doing that any time soon. Sounds to much like a date, and I'd like a bit more time to mourn my relationship with Ivanka before I hop into the arms of another woman.

My favorite defense contractor called me up and gave me an opportunity, starting at one in the morning Monday. It was a missile truck, and it was headed "South" is all he said. Though my leg of this thing's journey is from Rostock docks to Lodz, Poland. Where it is to repainted with NATO badging. With tensions everywhere in the world right now, there is a surge of military cargo on the freight markets now. Kind of scary to think about, really. All those tanks moving around Europe and what not. I suppose it's good money, though, keeps us specialty freight haulers in a job.

[ external image ]
27 tons
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#405 Post by SpottedHyena » 17 Apr 2017 19:27

Trucker's Log, Monday June 8th, 7:30 P.M.

I drove hard and I drove long, making the run to Lodz in record time, and in one big trip. But I spent myself doing it. I really should stop pushing myself to the brink of falling asleep, I'm afraid on day maybe I'll push myself a little to far one day...
I got the Missile Truck to it's new home here in Lodz so it could be "NATOized" After all the formalities, I headed for a local hotel, grabbed a bite to eat at a restaurant and slept like a rock at the bottom of the ocean...

Waking up later and checking out, I started bidding down on loads. I got the short end of the stick today, but at least I got something. about 150 miles away from Lodz in Wroclaw is a heavy equipment and construction dealership waiting on this brand new Volvo FMX Tipper truck. At only 18 tons, this will be an easy, easy run. Easy money is always good money in my book, just wish the route was longer.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Hakan

#406 Post by Hakan » 17 Apr 2017 21:23

Nice Shots, and cool story
BK Vissers

#407 Post by BK Vissers » 18 Apr 2017 12:17

Better make sure you start getting some shut-eye, mate! I don't want you running into me! :lol:
SpottedHyena

#409 Post by SpottedHyena » 20 Apr 2017 16:45

Trucker's Log, Tuesday June 9th, 1:10 P.M.

Welp, I got the Volvo there on time and in the condition it left it's factory in..Maybe a few bug splatters and bird poop here and there, birds love nice shiny trucks.
After that run, I started bidding down on freight again. I won a bid going to Scandanavia, more specifically, Vakjo in Sweden. 30 tons of Brick and building waste on a huge roll off dumpster going to a recycling facility from a demolition site here in Wroclaw. Most of my journey thus far, has been back highways and the like. I'm not a big fan of highway driving. Twists, turns and lack of places to stop and sleep or for fuel make things a bit more challenging. As if we truckers didnt have enough to deal with.
I finally found a place to lay down. I shut the truck down and cracked my windows to let the cool dawn air in as I slept. Checking my phone, I see Ivanka still persists. Now it is to the point of aggravation and I can no longer avoid it. Choking back my anger from her harassment, I decided to call her.

*Ring ring, ring*

Ivanka: "Micka! Micka please dont hang up!"
Me: "What the ^%@$ do you want. Stop bothering me!"
Ivanka: "Please, look I just want to talk okay? There's so much more to what happened than you realize. I just want a chance to explain!"
Me: "Okay, for the love of god. Look. I tell you what, You will get all the the explanation time you want. But right now, I just need time okay? Maybe it doesnt bother you, but I'm completely destroyed, my heart is broken, and the last person right now I want to talk to is you. So for god sakes leave me the ^%@$ alone for a while!"
Ivanka went silent, before she asked "But...we will talk right?"
Me: "Yes! Yes now please! Let me alone!'
Ivanka: "Promise?"
Me: "I told you I would. I do what I say I'm going to do, so yes, yes when I can stand seeing you again I'll listen to what you have to say. But if you're looking for some kind of forgiveness, or a way back in my life, don't get your hopes up.."
Ivanka: "Fair enough..."
Me: "Alright, now I'm going to go to sleep. Don't text me ever again. When I'm ready, I will contact you. Alright?"
Ivanka: "Okay...fair enough.....I still love you"
I couldnt take that. As tears formed in my eyes, the words "I love you too" Made it to the tip of my tongue, but I stopped short of saying it. I simply hung up, and found myself once again crying like a baby that just got it's lollipop taken away.

Once I finally went to sleep, I was woke early to a clap of thunder and rain. I smiled to myself, until I realized in my half asleep stupor...my windows were open. I burst from my bunk and through the window into the cab to find my seats and floorboards were wet. Not flooded, as I originally feared, but good and damp.
Once I got that taken care of, and a dry and nearly stale sausage biscuit breakfast and cheap coffee from the gas station I was stopped at, I struck back out onto the road. Once again, trying to find something, anything at all to take my mind off of the events from last night.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Hakan

#410 Post by Hakan » 20 Apr 2017 16:45

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Return to “Screenshots”