Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

BK Vissers

Re: Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

#251 Post by BK Vissers » 01 Mar 2017 03:10

I'm sure the blue BMW was the vacuum cleaner repairman on his way to an emergency call.
SpottedHyena

#252 Post by SpottedHyena » 01 Mar 2017 18:29

lol! @ BKVissers
[ external image ]
Ouroboros Bulk Liquid Transportation, Venezia Italia. Volvo FM, 420 HP D13.
SpottedHyena

#253 Post by SpottedHyena » 01 Mar 2017 18:33

Trucker's Log, Wednesday March 22nd, 12:41 P.M.

I made the short run to Upsalla and boy, those GNT docks are horrid to get into, especially with an oversize load!
I began immediately searching for another load. It ended in a bidding war with another specialty company. The load was EXTREMELY valuable, and going a long, long way to Dijon France. That's over a thousand miles. I'd love to get it.
At the very last second, I placed the winning bid of 11,500 Euros. I am excited, this is EXACTLY the kind of capital I need to get my bills back on track! It also, guarantees my third trip home for a few hours! What luck!!

[ external image ]

It also garauntees more "Dy-no-mite" explosives puns! heu heu heu heu! 38 tons of blasting caps heading for a French construction company. So long again, oh beautiful Sweden, it's time I head back to mainland Europe.
[ external image ]
BK Vissers

#254 Post by BK Vissers » 01 Mar 2017 19:00

I am very concerned. You haven't mentioned Ferries for days now.

Are you ok??? Did you hire a ghost writer? :lol:
SpottedHyena

#255 Post by SpottedHyena » 01 Mar 2017 19:44

BK Vissers wrote:I am very concerned. You haven't mentioned Ferries for days now.

Are you ok??? Did you hire a ghost writer? :lol:
I try not to think about them! I've had to take the ferry twice, small journies, but any ferry ride for me is far, far to long. Why can't we just build a really -really- big bridge, here :p

By the way, thank you Hakan and Obil for the nice comments :)
[ external image ]
Hakan

#256 Post by Hakan » 01 Mar 2017 22:07

Great story!
SpottedHyena

#258 Post by SpottedHyena » 05 Mar 2017 09:11

Trucker's log, Friday March 24th, 5:03 P.M.

What a shame! I was having such a great week.
After a good, long and relaxing haul to Dijon, France. I dropped off the blasting caps to a construction company getting set to blow a hill to kingdom come to begin construction on a Sano Farm. During the law mandated break, eating some potato chips and sipping an ice cold Coca Cola, i bid on a few loads heading back towards Rostock. The freight market seems a little dry today for what I haul, many other companies much like mine (and with better trucks) have sprung up or we're all just looking for loads at the same time. I felt myself a bit disadvantaged here. Driving a classic truck is great for a bit of showmanship and to really get the feel of how truckers did it in their day, but this old Peterbilt is no longer competitive in todays world filled with FH16 Volvos, Scania S's and the new Petes and Kenworths toting much more powerful and efficient engines and advanced aerodynamics. I cant say for sure what my fuel mileage is, but I am sure it's horrible. Plus the extra taxes I have to pay the European Union for driving a truck that is not compliant with current emissions laws. Factor in load limitations due to a low horsepower engine, and you have a perfect storm of making it hard to make money if I try to undercut every company out there doing the same thing I do.
All this in mind, I was outbid, on everything that I bid on. Now, I have 718 miles of just wasting precious diesel going back to Rostock. With one week left in the month, I have to make at least 8,000 Euros profit next week to be able to break even on my bills for the end of the month, looks like I've got a lot of work to do. Maybe I shouldnt have been lounging at home during the week and using my time a bit more wisely, but to tell you the truth, I feel bad for leaving Ivanka alone for so long during the earlier months this year. I felt I needed to make up for it, now I have to drink the wine I made.

[ external image ]

Hopefully things go well next week, after that pesky hospital bill is paid off, my finances will have a great weight lifted off of them.

Thank you one and all, BKVIssers, Obilihnio, Hakan, for your continued support and I'll see you Monday!
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#259 Post by SpottedHyena » 05 Mar 2017 11:55

Trucker's Log, Monday March 27th, 7:08 A.M.

I did a little sleeping in today, I got up at about 5 A.M. Having slept well, I was ready for my week. I got outside to my truck at around 6:30, and was at the ITCC lot for my first load of the week; a Liebherr Bulldozer of about 36 tons heading to Olzstyn. I barely outbid a competitor for it, but the pay is still pretty good for where it's going, looks like a Tree-ET will be needing this for some timber clearing and the like. So begins another exciting week, though this time I am up against the clock as far as money is concerned. I'll need to have made at least 9,000 not counting fueling during the week to cover the final loan payment and normal home related bills. I got a lot of work to do.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Hakan

#260 Post by Hakan » 05 Mar 2017 12:13

Amazing shots and Story!

Return to “Screenshots”