Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

SpottedHyena

Re: Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

#41 Post by SpottedHyena » 03 Jan 2017 19:50

Trucker's Log, Tuesday, 8:34 P.M.

After arriving and dropping off the excavator at Posped, I was able to stop by a diner in town and get a few bites to eat and, you guessed it, more coffee! I was poking around on my tablet when a message from the ITCC Depot in Bialystok came up on my secure E-mail. I was told to call immediately when I got the chance. Once I called, the dispatch informed me that there was a special cargo waiting for me at a warehouse in Szeged. I was delighted to hear it, usually I don't get loads going to another ITCC depot from cities I deliver to. I normally have to just go to the nearest depot empty. Upon arriving I was greeted by a couple of officials, from of all places, China? I was handed a manifest and flagged over to a trailer containing this;

[ external image ]

A ZBD-09? Thats a Chinese Stryker! From what I understand, this is the export model, already bought and paid for. ITCC must have engineers ready in Bialystok to take this thing apart and see how it all works. Maybe they're getting a contract to service them, who knows. With these military contracts, I don't get to ask to many questions before being shooed away to my truck. In any case, I'm glad I got the contract for it.
[ external image ]
Ouroboros Bulk Liquid Transportation, Venezia Italia. Volvo FM, 420 HP D13.
BK Vissers

#42 Post by BK Vissers » 03 Jan 2017 20:22

That was an entertaining read! :)

Nice, it's fun to see the different approaches people take to posting screenshots and telling a story. Good job!
SpottedHyena

#43 Post by SpottedHyena » 03 Jan 2017 20:26

Truckers Log, Wednesday, 1:23 A.M.
After a good 6 hours I found myself starting to show the signs of fatigue. Crossing eyes, tunnel vision, the white lines on the roads starting to become one long line. So I decided to stop on what looks like a small turn around for the night. I actually had to call and get a clearance to stop here, so many hoops to jump through just to perform your daily job with these military types. But i guess with the times, the extra security is a necessary evil. I was out walking Ser Max, taking him out to do his business when I snapped this photo. I probably shouldn't be taking pictures like this, but you guys won't tell on me. Right? Riiiiiiggghhhhtttt???

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#44 Post by SpottedHyena » 03 Jan 2017 20:28

Thank you everyone for the support :) Glad you like my adventures on the road!
[ external image ]
Hakan

#45 Post by Hakan » 03 Jan 2017 21:30

Great Shots and DAF! Great Story again!
SpottedHyena

#46 Post by SpottedHyena » 04 Jan 2017 17:24

Trucker's Log, 12:48 P.M.
Waking up and climbing into my driver's seat this morning, I was unpleasantly surprised by the sight of a light snow having dusted my truck. Though the majority of the snow that had fallen was melting due to the ground still being semi warm, the roads themselves were covered in a bit of slush. The small turn around I parked my truck in had all but turned into mud, by now. Thank god for having duel drive axles. With careful application of the throttle and careful maneuvering, I was able to get out without being stuck and go on my way. A couple of hours into the trip, I looked to my left and saw the World War Two memorial. I've passed it a few times, the IL-2 Sturmovik sitting there. I've always wanted to visit the memorial, but trying to convince the wife who has no interest at all in such things, and finding the time between weeks of hauling freight has all but prevented me so far. Fitting I should be passing by the proud IL-2, given what I am hauling currently!

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Hakan

#47 Post by Hakan » 04 Jan 2017 18:26

Awesome Story mate!
SpottedHyena

#48 Post by SpottedHyena » 04 Jan 2017 19:19

Truckers Log; Thursday, 11:18 A.M.
Arriving in Bialystok during the night, I was exhausted, having driven for 10 hours to the ITCC depot. Quite a welcoming committee was there eagerly awaiting the ZBD. Moments after my truck pulled out from under the trailer, an old Fiat FNM being used as a yard dog quickly snatched up the truck and with it, disappeared into rear of the main building. To tired to call in for another load, I logged myself off for the night and found a quiet place to park for a night's sleep. Waking up at about 7 in the morning, and after a quick sandwich for breakfast, I logged back in and called dispatch looking for my next haul. Seems like excavators are a hot item in Europe this week! This one is going to a Stokes in Cardiff, and is paying quite a lump sum! Unluckily for me, even if I do not sleep, from Bialystok to Cardiff has me at Stokes at 9:58 P.M. Friday night. Well late of my target to have the weekend off. On the other side of the coin however, I detoured my route through Rostock, and with enough luck (and a little bit of extra speed down these usually unmonitored highways). I can make good enough time to spend a day with the missus at home, it may not be a full weekend as we always hope for, but it will have to do.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Hakan

#49 Post by Hakan » 04 Jan 2017 19:21

No Wrds :shock:
BK Vissers

#50 Post by BK Vissers » 05 Jan 2017 13:51

Cool story. Nice details!

Return to “Screenshots”