Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

SpottedHyena

Re: Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

#271 Post by SpottedHyena » 07 Mar 2017 16:56

^ You see that? What Vissers posted? That..is what I see when somone says "Oh! Lets go to the beach!" or when Ivanka says "I'd like to take an Arctic cruise" Granted, there are no sharks in the arctic. But there are icebergs, and cold, and ice. None of which appeal to me in the slightest. Oh, and water. Lots of water....
[ external image ]
Ouroboros Bulk Liquid Transportation, Venezia Italia. Volvo FM, 420 HP D13.
SpottedHyena

#272 Post by SpottedHyena » 07 Mar 2017 18:00

Trucker's Log, Saturday April 1st, 11:15 A.M.

It was a short, and fairly quick run to Sheffield to a small airport where a group of elderly flight enthusiasts awaited their Rolls Royce Merlin engines. I stayed a while and talked about the whats its of aircraft and world war two aviation with them for a bit before climbing back into my truck to bid on a few loads heading back to mainland Europe, and most importantly, Rostock.

Once again, I got outbid, on everything. Once again, i will have to travel nearly 750 miles with no freight on my back. To say I was aggravated was a bit of an understatement, Diesel isnt cheap! Neither are tires! Oh well, the last couple of loads ensured I wouldnt be in financial hot water even if I did go home like this. Still, it wouldve been nice to make a few extra euros.... Oh and lets not forget, a couple more....ferry rides...bleh.

[ external image ]

Thank you one and all for staying with me another week! Spring will be here soon, that will bring much better scenery and of course...better photos!
So thank you, BKVissers, Hakan, Obelihnio for all your support and, as always, I'll see you all on the roads come Monday.
[ external image ]
Hakan

#273 Post by Hakan » 07 Mar 2017 18:20

Big Story!
BK Vissers

#274 Post by BK Vissers » 07 Mar 2017 18:33

Ferry, Schmerry...

Looks like a blast to me:

[ external image ]

:lol:

Oh and there are several species of sharks that like to chill (see what I did there?) in arctic waters.

:?

Sorry that you're having such trouble with your truck. It is getting close to being cost-prohibitive, which is a real shame.

Keep an eye out for a Blue M5 when you get closer to Rostock... those vacuum cleaner servicemen are relentlessly persistent in trying to find contracts!
SpottedHyena

#275 Post by SpottedHyena » 07 Mar 2017 20:07

^ Oh yes, it sure looks like a hoot, until the kraken comes and sinks your boat! I didnt need to know about the sharks in the ice :(
As far as the truck costing me money? Thats the price you pay when you have a ye olde timey truck that hasnt exactly been taken care of as well as it should have! Being simple as it is, though, it will eventually run out of parts to break :P. I didnt see the BMW this time, and the way he was driving I'd rather not see him again! My poor truck has been hit by enough people, methinks..
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#276 Post by SpottedHyena » 08 Mar 2017 16:53

Trucker's Log, Monday April 3rd, 10:00 A.M.

I got a late start today, though I must admit I did it on purpose. Ivanka and I celebrated financial freedom for the first time since I started my own trucking business. It shouldnt be to hard to keep up with the bills now that the big stuff is paid off. Now I can focus more on the thing I love to do the most: Driving my truck, without having to cringe every time I go get fuel.

The first load of the week, was a road train style coupled pair of tankers. One, Carrying Phosphorus, the other, carrying Sulfuric Acid. These containers were bound for Liege in Belgium, a Transinet was going to sell the chemicals warehouse direct to whomever wanted to buy them;

[ external image ]

But first thing's first. I needed fuel.
Stopping at a truck stop off of the autobahn, I noticed another trucker from a rival company, and one of the companies that has outbid me several times! The man was fueling his truck as well when he looked over and noticed my old Pete. "What a nice old workhorse, is that a Pete 351?" "Yep" I responded. He complimented the condition of the truck, and how it was nice to see something different going down the road. I have to say, his truck was no slouch either.

https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/image_ ... d%3D577277

We went inside for a bite to eat, and talked for a while about our trucks. I never was a big fan of MAN trucks, either, but hey to each their own! I have to say, I could use that extra drop axle for my own setup. Shame that such a modification would ruin the nostalgic originalness of my old girl. Still, something to think about if I ever decide to Modernize. After I bid him happy travels, I got back out in the rain and got settled in for a good long haul. So begins another exciting week!

[I do not own that image, credit goes to NISSAN730. He complimented my old Pete, so I thought I'd give him a shout!]
[ external image ]
Hakan

#277 Post by Hakan » 08 Mar 2017 17:01

Woaw! great story keep Carefull with that tanky!
SpottedHyena

#278 Post by SpottedHyena » 11 Mar 2017 09:14

Trucker's log, Wednesday April 5th, 12:00 P.M.

I made a mistake in my last log! I was heading to Brussels, not Liege. Anyway, I got my load to Brussels and unhooked. I love the speed limits here, and I especially love the lack of cameras in a lot of spots. If I am late, I'll run pretty hard, I've more or less memorized where the speed traps are so I won't get busted.
I picked up another load heading back to Rostock from Brussels, another military contract, this old patrol boat was getting all of it's weapons removed, repainted and will be used as a coast guard boat for diving missions involving ship wrecks and training rescue divers. At 11 tons, it will be a relaxing load going back home to the missus. I'll have to think of something else to surprise her with. I'm running out of things to do! I suppose thats a good thing, ever since I have been getting home much more frequently, our marriage seems to have gotten better, though things still keep happening to make me wonder, sometimes. Maybe I'm just being a paranoid jerk.

[ external image ]

Stopping at a small gas station off of the autobahn to finish my push to Rostock in the morning, I happened upon a nice looking Volvo pulling an equally nice looking Schwarzemuller van. Volvos are the only European trucks, aside from DAF, that I really like. The engine options are limitless, and theyre just generally pleasant trucks to look at, though I'd prefer a VNL over the cab overs;
https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/image_ ... id%3D84310 (NOT MY PICTURE. Credit goes to CIAPEK. Thanks for the nice comment!)
The driver and I chatted as we went inside and got the usual junk food to fill our guts with at these little stops, he also seemed to like my old Pete as well. I could barely understand him, this driver was from Poland, spoke little english or german (The only two languages I know). But I understood enough to have a conversation with him. I certainly enjoy all the attention my old Pete gets me! I'm happy that even in Europe here, an old American conventional can still be appreciated.
[ external image ]
Hakan

#279 Post by Hakan » 11 Mar 2017 11:06

Good Shots! and story!
SpottedHyena

#280 Post by SpottedHyena » 11 Mar 2017 11:09

Hakan wrote:Good Shots! and story!
Hello Hakan! I swear, you appear out of nowhere. You werent on the online list a moment ago, and then poof! :)
[ external image ]

Return to “Screenshots”