Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

SpottedHyena

Re: Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

#511 Post by SpottedHyena » 29 May 2017 03:05

#BkVissers Only time will tell, won't it. I certainly have my paws full!

#Obel: Thank you!

Trucker's Log, Tuesday, August 1st, 4:00 P.M.

I have yet to hear back from Ivanka. No doubt, she's bonding with Wilhelm and getting used to her temporary home. I know this isnt the idea circumstance for her, or for me. But for now, it will have to do. I only hope she takes my advice and does the right thing. Until then, It was time to get back to business as usual.

Heading across town, I managed to find another load going to a Euroacres in Wien, Austria. That's a new one for me, I don't recall ever hauling to Wien before.

These concrete, re-bar reinforced concrete pylons are erecting a new grain processing plant from what I understand. All 39 tons of them. Time to put my other woes behind me for now, and focus on getting this load there on time, and in one piece.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Ouroboros Bulk Liquid Transportation, Venezia Italia. Volvo FM, 420 HP D13.
BK Vissers

#512 Post by BK Vissers » 29 May 2017 12:36

Am I seeing that right? There is a Kamaz tipper behind you?
SpottedHyena

#513 Post by SpottedHyena » 29 May 2017 17:01

There is indeed, a little blue one. I seem to be holding him up.
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#514 Post by SpottedHyena » 29 May 2017 21:27

Trucker's Log, Thursday, 5:00 A.M., August 2nd.

Having delivered the concrete pylons to the Euroacres in Wien, I had just enough time to pick up another load of freight before I called it a day. I began searching around, and found a 48 ton heavy excavator going to a Sansbuilders in Krakow. The Excavator had recently been repaired, and was needed back on site. I spend a mostly restless night at a truck stop, both from the stress and just the general humidity and warmth of a summer's day. I was downing energy drinks like water driving through the night. At dawn, I pulled into the Sansbuilder's right on schedule. As I was pulling in, my cell phone went off. It was Ivanka! I had a few moments to sit and talk with her before parking the truck, as no one was at the site just yet.

Me: "Hello?"
Ivanka: "I did it.." she said.
Me: "Did what?"
Ivanka: "Called the police...I....I found out some things about Karl"
Me: "oh?"
Ivanka: "Turns out, he's had dealings with the police before. His last marriage went awry and his ex disapeared. They found her dead...they suspected him but couldnt find the evidence so they let him go. Oh Micka, please I'm so scared!'
Me: "Ivanka calm down sweetheart..." I said, choking on my words "Listen. Wilhelm will protect you. I told him what was going on, you just need to keep your head down until the police deal with him alright? If I get a short run, I'll take you with me just to get you out of the house. But you have to understand, you'll be safe there"
Ivanka was silent for a moment "Promise?"
Me: "Promise.." he said
I knew Wilhelm would protect her. He was a prepper. He was always talking about government collapse, the NWO, the Russians invading, so on and so forth. He always talked about his many booby traps and shelters he had on his property and in his house, while kooky in the moment he told me, seemed like a great idea now.
Ivanka: "Micka" she whispered
Me: "Yes?"
Ivanka: "I love you...."
I wanted to respond, I wanted to tell her I loved her too, but the moment those words, normally easy to say were to roll off my tongue, my throat shut and I remembered why all of this was happening. That irritation, the betrayal of it all came thundering back into my mind like a tidal wave. All I could respond with was;
"I need to go" I said, biting back my emotions again "Listen, just keep your head down, don't mind Wilhelm being a bit..quirky.." I added "He means well. When it's all over, itl be as if nothing happened, and Karl will be where he belongs; In prison, I hope."
Ivanka: "Yeah..I hope so.." she said "Goodbye, Micka. Safe travels."
Once I hung the phone up, I stared at seemingly nothing for a good while. "Well Micka" I said to myself. "How the hell do we get out of this one." It was then I clicked my hazards on, shifted 2nd, and then maneuvered myself to park the trailer into the designated spot before calling it a night at a local hotel to get what would hopefully be a good days sleep.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#515 Post by SpottedHyena » 29 May 2017 22:19

Trucker's Log, Thursday 5:00 P.M., August 2nd.

I woke to find....nothing! There was literally -nothing- requiring the type of licenses I had! Looks like I'll be hauling something a bit more mundane around, today. Lets see..what have we here. It's far to early to go home, and I'd rather not bobtail..not right now, anyway.
Here....16 tons of two different types of apples loaded in port container boxes of all things. How this farm got ahold of these, I'll never know. But then again, I don't question the hows and whys, I just get the freight where it needs to go, and that is all.

Pulling into the massive farm, it looks like they get into a little of everything. We have some poultry, beef stock, dairy, even a grain field behind me. This load was bound for Lublin, only a couple hours drive from here. Hopefully I get something a bit more my speed there, and hopefully not going to far away from home. Itl be about 7P by the time I get there, only a few hours before it was time to start thinking about getting my tail back to Rostock where it belongs.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#516 Post by SpottedHyena » 29 May 2017 23:11

Trucker's Log, Thursday August 2nd, 10:00 P.M.

I was right. There was something a bit more my speed waiting for me in Lublin. This is such a beautiful city, with it's many old cathedrals. I could spend an entire week here just looking at the sights. Unfortunately, as a truck driver, I don't have time to play tourist. Perhaps during my time off one day.
After dropping off the 16 tons of apples to the Posped here, I managed to find another load to squeeze in before I call it a night. I'll really be pushing the limits of my ability to stay awake, and my luck with the law side of things. But I think I can squeeze it in before I call it a night and start finding loads going home tomorrow.
A small Volvo excavator for 28 tons going to Lodz should do it just about right for me. It's heading to a rental lot there it would seem. What's better? From here, Lodz is closer to Rostock, which sets be up perfectly for tomorrow's run home!

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#517 Post by SpottedHyena » 30 May 2017 00:14

Trucker's Log, Friday, 12:00 P.M., August 3rd.

It rained the entire trip to Lodz, and is threatening to rain the entire day after I woke in my nice, soft hotel bed. Either way, it was time to find a new load, hopefully one going home. I had a margin of a couple of hours, so I could take something maybe a bit out of the way if it was offered. Lets see here....This flatbed loaded with steel tubing should do the trick! Headed for Wroclaw? I can do that. Even if I am a bit late going home, that's no problem, I'll still be getting quite a bit of a weekend here, I think.
After hooking up in the rain, I started on my way, the scenery is certainly soothing in Poland I must say, though that's the only thing I really enjoy about it. Nothing against Poland itself, mind you. I just hate having to stop every hour for a dang tollbooth!

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#518 Post by SpottedHyena » 30 May 2017 01:25

Trucker's Log Friday August 3rd, 5:30 P.M.
Have I ever told anyone how much I HATE TRAMERI DOCKS. Oh yes, I can't stand them. Is there honestly a reason why the entrance is only 4.5 meters wide? Why?! Uhg.
Needless to say, this rant was induced while I was holding up traffic on two lanes trying to wedge me, my truck and my trailer through this narrow space. Idiots honking and yelling at me all the while. I did NOT need this. Not now..
Once I finally got in the docks and parked, I had to cool down for a moment. I was fuming mad.

It was time to head back home to Rostock. It's been a rough week, both physically and emotionally, these short runs are killing me. Two loads a day, all the strapping and chain throwing can wear on a man. That in mind, I found another large generator housing heading to Berlin. I hadn't taken my 45 minute break yet, and was going to have to between here and Berlin.
I stopped at a truck stop to get a bite to eat and something to drink when I noticed a raggedy old Scania sitting there. I had to chuckle at the thing as I walked past it, muttering to myself "Look at this turd" as I walked by, not noticing it's driver was checking her air lines on the cistern she was hauling. "Watch it pal, she may not look much, but it'l pull just as good as a brand new one!" I turned sharply to see the driver, staring at me with a glare on her features. I swear to god, I recognize her fro....."Saskia?" I said "From the blog on the forums?!" The woman eyed me, that scowl turning to a bit of curiosity "Do I know you?" I had to smile and approach, offering a hand for her to shake "Micka Alexander, Last Call Specialty Freight. I blog, too. Matter of fact....I think I've seen you lingering around my posts from time to time" It was then she recognized me as well.
I bought her lunch and we talked trucking whats it's, after of course she got done being irritated at me making fun of her pride and joy. Sheesh, I should have known better. It's good to meet fellow bloggers and friends in person. That made my day, truth be told, it was Saskia and her stories that made me decide to begin writing my own. Soon after, I got back on the road to finish my run to Berlin. If I'm lucky, I can find a load from there going straight back home to Rostock. If not? I think that's only a five hour journey back home. Where I'm going to hide in my apartment for the remainder of my weekend.

[ external image ]
(Credit for Saskia, her truck and the pic itself to BKVissers)
[ external image ]
hristov681bg

#519 Post by hristov681bg » 30 May 2017 01:39

Keep calm and love old trucks :)
SpottedHyena

#520 Post by SpottedHyena » 30 May 2017 02:02

@hristov681bg Yes, love the veterans of the roads! Welcome to the blog, good sir! :)
[ external image ]

Return to “Screenshots”