Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

BK Vissers

Re: Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

#441 Post by BK Vissers » 27 Apr 2017 16:27

I see the ferry is starting to agree with you! :lol: Who'd have thought??!?!?
SpottedHyena

#442 Post by SpottedHyena » 27 Apr 2017 16:32

BK Vissers wrote:I see the ferry is starting to agree with you! :lol: Who'd have thought??!?!?
When I am tired, I can sleep anywhere! Just......as long as the water stays below it, and not in it..I'll be fine I think..
[ external image ]
Ouroboros Bulk Liquid Transportation, Venezia Italia. Volvo FM, 420 HP D13.
SpottedHyena

#443 Post by SpottedHyena » 27 Apr 2017 16:37

Trucker's Log, Thursday June 19th, 11:11 A.M.

It was a dark rainy night when I arrived on scene. There was no construction crew to be found, and for good reason. It was raining, so it seem work had been cancelled.
Fortunately, I had the customer's cell number and called him. He seemed agitated that I woke him out of bed, but he directed me to an area behind contracting tape to drop the trailer.
Now, it was time to get some rest...I was pretty well spent from my day, and the rain wasnt helping keep me awake at all. I managed to get a room for the night, with a nice soft bed.

When I checked out today, the sun was blazing. It's supposed to get in the 90s today. Good lord...time to roll the sleeves up on my shirt and maybe unbutton those first two buttons.
I bid on a few loads that didnt pan out, I got undercut every time. Bah, what luck...But i couldn't just sit here and stare at my tablet until something else came up, so i took what I could get. Two ship containers, one with a load of Hewlett Packard PCs, and the other? Filled to the brim with the monitors for them. It's out of my element, to be sure, but when you're in a pinch you have to take what you can get out here.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Hakan

Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

#444 Post by Hakan » 27 Apr 2017 16:38

Wow :shock:
SpottedHyena

#445 Post by SpottedHyena » 30 Apr 2017 15:01

Trucker's Log, June 20th, Friday 8:27 A.M.

It looks like another week is coming to an end, and a strenuous week it was. All the short runs for low paying jobs. They added up to a mediocre, but passable week financially so far, but I still came out in the green.
I have a surprise for everyone, I've bought a new "Labor of love" A new truck..well, a new old truck. New to me, right? It needs a lot of work, so for the next few months I'll be devoting my time and money to restoring it. I won't be telling you what it is just yet, but you'll see soon enough!

After a night in a hotel, I woke to a driving rain storm with plenty of lightning and thunder. After a good shower and breakfast, I got on my tablet and began looking for more freight heading towards Rostock. I bid on 19 tons worth of brand new Bobcat Skid steers heading for Hannover and got the job. Only a 3 hour run, but it gets me closer to heading home.
It didnt rain for very long, the weather clearing up as soon as I got on the Autobahn. Time to roll them windows down!
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#446 Post by SpottedHyena » 30 Apr 2017 15:33

Trucker's Log, Friday June 20th, 11:15 A.M.

After getting the skid steers to a light equipment dealer and rental in Hannover, I started bidding on something else. I was only four hours away from home at this point, and given that it was only 10 A.M. or so, I could stand to take another load out of the way before finally actually heading home.
I got a load going from a Precast concrete plant here in Hannover going to a Sansbuilders in Berlin. Once I get to Berlin I'll get a hotel for the night and then from there most likely head home. Hopefully I can cap the week off with a load going to Rostock from Berlin, while I'm at it!

[ external image ]
35 tons
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#448 Post by SpottedHyena » 30 Apr 2017 16:04

Trucker's Log, June 20th, Friday 11:30 P.M.

After delivering the concrete walls, as planned, I hit a local 4 star hotel and enjoyed some room service and good food. When I woke the next day to another downpour, I began to look for another load hoping I'd find one going to Rostock a mere 3 hours away. Sadly, i did not. I will be going home empty.
But I will be getting home early...hm...I will need to go pick up my new project and bring it to my truck garage by the docks. Maybe, just maybe, I'll see if Steffi wants to go with me. She seems pretty interested in what I do. Though still, i need to remember keeping her at arms length emotionally for now...

Thank you one and all for sticking with me for an other week of trucker's log! Obelihnio, BKVissers, Hakan, JustseeTV, you guys are great! See you in the next week!
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#449 Post by SpottedHyena » 30 Apr 2017 20:38

Trucker's Log, June 23rd, Monday, 6:17 A.M.

Well i got my new "hobby" to the lock up this weekend. Once I got it all sorted out, I went and spent some time with Steff before finally heading to bed. It was a good, long weekend. Steffani has been asking to see me more and more, though I keep reminding her of our friendship status. She seems to not mind, saying she loved making new friends as well.

But once Monday rolled around, it was back to business. I woke up at about 2 A.M. and got me a shower. By 4 A.M. I was at an ITCC, where a retired Swedish STRV Amphibious main battle tank awaited me. Oddly enough, this wasnt a military contract. Apparently, these old tanks have been retired and sitting in stocks for quite a while. This particular example, was going to be cut up and scrapped. It was storming when I left Rostock, but the weather soon let up and it looks like the remainder of my drive to Hannover will be pleasent.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#450 Post by SpottedHyena » 30 Apr 2017 21:11

Trucker's Log, June 23rd, Monday 9:15 A.M.

Once I got to Hannover and got the tank to it's final resting place, I began searching for new loads. I got a load going to Warszawa in Poland, a high pressure Liquid Nitrogen tank was bound for a Metal working facility there, and they needed it now!
No problem, at 29 tons and only a few hills between here and there, I see me making this run with time to spare!

[ external image ]
29 tons
[ external image ]

Return to “Screenshots”