Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

BK Vissers

Re: Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

#411 Post by BK Vissers » 20 Apr 2017 18:32

I hope you haven't switched to 1.27.... it has police cars....and you'll get pulled over for driving with New York plates! :lol:
SpottedHyena

#412 Post by SpottedHyena » 20 Apr 2017 18:49

BK Vissers wrote:I hope you haven't switched to 1.27.... it has police cars....and you'll get pulled over for driving with New York plates! :lol:

You may be right! Thought I'd keep them on the truck. Adds nostalgia!
[ external image ]
Ouroboros Bulk Liquid Transportation, Venezia Italia. Volvo FM, 420 HP D13.
SpottedHyena

#413 Post by SpottedHyena » 20 Apr 2017 19:00

Trucker's log, Wednesday June 10th, 8:00 A.M.

Ah another ferry ride. I just cant seem to get enough of them.
After arriving in Vaxjo to the processing plant, dropping off the dumpster in it's assigned spot and then, parking the empty trailer frame into it's space, I began to search for another load. What I found, is a story almost unto itself. When I saw it, I bid hard, and I bid as hard as I could. Going lower, and lower, until finally....to my surprise, I won! I yipped in excitement at this load, and I immediately went to pick it up!
It was an amazingly intact piece of World War Two history, the legendary Tiger I heavy tank. If you were an American tanker in a M4 Sherman, a Briton in a Matilda or a Churchill, or a Soviet in a T-34, your heart sank when the 88mm PaK gun of these fearsome machines was pointed in your direction. The Tiger, and it's successor, the Tiger II, or "King Tiger" was Germany's Principle armored vehicle in WWII, and was used to devastating effects against the allied forces.
But as this particular Tiger proved, which was receiving a replacement transmission in Bialystok upon it's arrival to become a fully functioning machine, Tigers were mechanically delicate and broke down quite often. Or so I've heard.

This has to be, the coolest load I have ever taken, you should see the prideful look on my face. If I was walking, I'd be prancing like a dog with a raw hide bone.

[ external image ]

Tigers in the woods.
[ external image ]
JUseeTV

#414 Post by JUseeTV » 21 Apr 2017 08:57

Nice story!
I am not giving any sort of support, requests or Q&A through private messages, such messages will be ignored. Please use the appropriate topics, they are there for a reason.
Hakan

Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

#415 Post by Hakan » 21 Apr 2017 15:35

Awsome!
obelihnio

#416 Post by obelihnio » 22 Apr 2017 11:55

Nice story as usual, and that photo title. :P :lol:
SpottedHyena

#417 Post by SpottedHyena » 22 Apr 2017 15:46

@ everyone

Thank you guys thank you, more to come! Yes indeed!"
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#418 Post by SpottedHyena » 22 Apr 2017 19:15

Trucker's Log, Thursday June 11th, 4:30 P.M.

That was a long, hard, and satisfying load to take. I had people honking, taking pictures and waving at me. When I stopped to eat or take a break, everyone wanted to get up close to see the old Tiger Tank on my trailer, and for good reason. It's not every day you see such an iconic piece of history going down the road like this.
After delivering the Tiger for it's new transmission, I decided to go for a hotel and call it a night. After a good night's sleep and oddly, no texts from either Steffani or Ivanka, I began searching for another load and scored a -very- well paying job.
A CAT Challenger going from a wood cutting plant back to it's place of rental in Mannheim, Germany. Bialystok is such a beautiful city, I always did enjoy looking at the sights. Though here, I could only look at them through my windows as I drove through with the 33 ton tractor on my trailer. I saw the tops of the old cathedrals, and wondered what it would be like to be a parishioner in them. Maybe one day I will have the time to see the beautiful, medieval works of art up close, inside and out. But for now, I need to focus on getting from point A to point B, and then, trying to get home.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#419 Post by SpottedHyena » 22 Apr 2017 21:55

Trucker's Log, Saturday 6:05 A.M., June 13th.

I predicted this happening. With the summer's heat, sleeping in the day aside from a couple hours nap if that has become impossible. Even if the air is tolerable, with the windows down the constant noise of traffic and the hustling and bustling of a busy day keeps me awake.
Having purchased a much larger coffee mug, I soldier on though I am fairly miserable and now just tired all the time!

After delivering the Cat Challenger and taking a subsequent 10 minute power nap, I started bidding on loads going home. I ended up doing some digging and finding a military contract; an AH-1 Cobra, having performed it's final mission was bound to be stripped and sold for scrap. It was storming hard outside in Mannheim, the cool rain feeling rather soothing today. I could almost go to sleep getting my airlines hooked up and inspecting my trailer. Though a sharp crack of lightning and the sound of thunder reminded me that it was time to hurry up and get back into my truck. At 4 tons, this will be an easy run to Mannheim. Thats just what I need, given how tired I still am. I cant wait to get to my new apartment, because when I do, I'm cranking that airconditioner down to about 68 degrees and hibernating for the majority of my time off.

[ external image ]
A little later the rain stopped, and nice cool air replaced the humidity. I rolled my windows down, letting the dawn's air rustle my fur while the rising sun painted me a pastel of colors that even the greatest of artists would have trouble mimicking in a painting.
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#420 Post by SpottedHyena » 22 Apr 2017 22:50

Made an oopsie here. See next post! :p
Last edited by SpottedHyena on 22 Apr 2017 22:51, edited 1 time in total.
[ external image ]

Return to “Screenshots”