Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

Hakan

#301 Post by Hakan » 15 Mar 2017 16:41

:shock: :shock: :shock:
SpottedHyena

Re: Last Call Specialty Freight, Truckers Log

#302 Post by SpottedHyena » 16 Mar 2017 15:35

Trucker's Log. Friday 7:45 P.M. April 14th.

After dropping off the 33 tons of Sand and making a decent amount, I got back onto the freight market to see if I could get a load going back home to Rostock.
Nothing. Nadda. Nothing close anyways, there were a few loads putting me out of my way a bit which if I was in a pinch would be take-able, so I did some financial work.
Turns out, I am in the green. It's been a difficult week, what with the crazy drivers and what not. I think I'll be a tourist this time. I know, I know. "But Micka, you're not making any money bob-tailing" Listen, even I need a break from time to time. I'll just double my efforts next week!

Thank you one and all, especially for those who have commented and supported me in my efforts to get freight where it needs to go, and as always, I will see you all next time!

[I will be going on Vacation for a couple of days IRL. So unfortunately, I will be taking a small break from Trucker's Log. I'll still be logging on here on World of Trucks via my phone, but I won't be on the road. But dont panic! I'll be back in the driver's seat with some new updates very soon. :)]
[ external image ]
Ouroboros Bulk Liquid Transportation, Venezia Italia. Volvo FM, 420 HP D13.
obelihnio

#303 Post by obelihnio » 16 Mar 2017 15:46

Great read as always.
Did you get a loyalty card for all those ferry trips at least? :lol:
SpottedHyena

#304 Post by SpottedHyena » 19 Mar 2017 14:38

Just a little update to all who read and follow my blog. I will be returning home tomorrow and will be back to conquer the streets of Europe once again. So for any who have been waiting for some more cool truck pics with Micka and his old 351 Pete, you only have 24 more hours to wait. :)
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#305 Post by SpottedHyena » 20 Mar 2017 19:12

Trucker's Log, 5:30 A.M., April 17th.

Waking up at 2:45 A.M., I got into the shower to get ready for a new week. As usual, my sweet Ivanka opted to stay in bed and sleep rather than wake up with me. I can understand, she is like normal people. She gets up at about 6 in the morning and gets to work at 7 on helping me manage the money going in and out of Last Call Specialty Freight, and of course tending the house and things like that. Then to bed at 9 PM. As a trucker, I have no sleep schedule to speak of. I drive until I'm tired, whatever time that may be, then I rest.
After a good hot shower, and some warmed up Chicken strips and good ol Aldi's brand coffee to start the day, I was outside in the truck. I had bid on a load going out at 3:30. A damaged mining excavator arm that was going back to a BCP in Birmingham, England for repairs. Hooray...another ferry ride. -ahem-. While listening to my radio as dawn approached, the weather man came on. All of this week, it was supposed to be in the 50s and 60s. A smile creased my face hearing that, this means I wont have to leave the truck running at night for fear it wont restart in the morning (Unless I am at a truckstop, in which case I'll need the heat to keep me warm). Know what else this means? When i am in a city, I can get a hotel! A much softer bed, a fridge, a television. Ah yes. Much better than a crampt sleeper while although comfortable (I put a memory foam mattress pad on my bed and replaced the mattress when I restored my Pete), it just doesn't beat an actual soft cushy bed.
Welcome, my friends, to a "spring" edition of Trucker's Log!

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Hakan

#306 Post by Hakan » 20 Mar 2017 19:13

Big story! great shot and truck nice story!
SpottedHyena

#307 Post by SpottedHyena » 20 Mar 2017 22:45

Trucker's Log, Tuesday April 18th, 12:59 P.M.

Though it rained most of the way to Birmingham after my ferry ride, it was a good rain. I had to leave the window cracked a bit and run my defrosters to keep my windshield from fogging up, it got a little concerning at times but everything turned out.
After dropping off the Excavator arm at the BCP, I searched for another load. I bid on a load going back across the English Channel to Amsterdam, 30 tons worth of precast concrete floors ready to support low income housing projects in the city. It wasnt paying much, but then again, it wasnt a very long trip over land, either. As I was leaving Birmingham, I couldnt help but look at the newly blooming fauna around me. I'm no tree spotter or plant expert, but I can certainly appreciate the beauty of spring around me. This finally, in my mind confirmed what I already knew. Winter was finally over, no more snow, sliding, salt or any of that mess. I can only look forward to warmer temps, and my favorite thing of all. Going to sleep to a good thunderstorm.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Hakan

#308 Post by Hakan » 21 Mar 2017 00:13

Wooow! Nice story!
SpottedHyena

#309 Post by SpottedHyena » 21 Mar 2017 03:50

Trucker's Log, Wednesday April 19th, 1:05 P.M.

Arriving back in Amsterdam, I dropped the load of precast floor panels off at the construction site. The crew seemed to get to work immediately unloading the trailer by crane. I parked on the edge of the site and got out my tablet to bid on another load.
Another load going across the channel back to Grimsby. God, here we go with the ferry rides again. Here I thought I wouldnt have to worry much about them anymore.
The Load was destined for a ship heading for Brazil after it got a few more components put into it. It was a high pressure boiler tank for 30 tons. Not bad I thought, that is until I actually pulled up to hook to the trailer. This thing is massive in every way shape and form! Holy cow! I dont think in my entire career have I ever taken a load this big, nor do I think I ever will again. It was plenty of fun having to navigate this around city streets, taking up two lanes, passing inches under stop lights, and having to go the wrong way down an exit onto the autobahn out of Amsterdam because this behemoth wouldn't fit down the normal on ramp. There were a lot of angry people as I took my sweet time negotiating the corner, but I finally made it. This is one for the record books, Thankfully I am awake, alert, and ready. It is because of loads like this, that I started Last Call Specialty Freight.

[ external image ]
Challenge Accepted.
[ external image ]
SpottedHyena

#310 Post by SpottedHyena » 21 Mar 2017 05:11

Trucker's Log, Thursday April 20th, 5:45 A.M.

Good lord, I'm glad to be rid of that Boiler tank. Even more thankful that it didnt have to go very far. Call me a jerk, but In some areas I had to use both lanes of the motorway to be able to get the massive load through. Not to mention, taking the long way around to get to the Europoort, as the overpasses going through Amsterdam proper were far to low for me to safely pass under. I had traffic backed up behind me for a good mile or so as I lumbered along to my destination. I had to chuckle to myself, I'm fairly certain I made a few people late for work, or at the least irritated them. Payback for the nondrivers I encountered last week in the entirety of my week!
It was a rainy, stormy night when I finally brought the huge tank to it's destination. Parking it was an affair, let me tell you, between all the back and forth and minor adjustments, I ran myself low on air and engaged my spring brakes. I had to sit there and wait before I finally stuck the huge load between two trailers. You'de have thought they would have cleared the way for me, but no. Nothing is ever that easy.

After that was over, I searched for another load. I landed a 44 ton Crane going to Sweden, to of all places, the Scania factory. Hm. Must be expanding their lines for the new S Scanias. It would involve another long, long ferry ride. Oh god.. I better take those pulls BK Suggested I take along with me. Or I'll be throwing up for sure! Did I ever tell you guys how much I hate the ocean? It's death. Death everywhere you look. Terrifying death. Uhg!

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Return to “Screenshots”