28%
I have another idea for implementing it
4%

Total votes: 78

markgr1nyer

Linking American Truck Simulator to ETS2

#1 Post by markgr1nyer » 24 Apr 2014 18:01

Hi

I sent the following idea to SCS support and they suggested I post it on here too.

Would it be possible to link American truck simulator with Euro Truck simulator, so you could run jobs between both continents.

The basic idea I've had so far is a week long ferry trip which is very expensive (about $15000), plus on top of that you need to ensure your business will survive the 7 days without going bankrupt (taking into account things like other drivers and loans etc).

Maybe have the option of either leaving the tractor unit in the continent your leaving from for a small discount (maybe $12000 instead) and have one truck in each continent (You need to have traveled to the other continent and brought one of their trucks before this cheaper option becomes available) and have two tractor units allocated to the player

As I know this sort of trip is kind of unrealistic so maybe only once you have the two trucks you can for example drive to London's Heathrow, pay a much higher fee like $40000 to fly to New York's JFK or $50000 to Los Angles LAX (If these cities are on the map), but this only taking 8 hours and 12 hours respectively.

I am aware there may be issues on compatibility between the two so maybe a way of doing this could be found using the World of Trucks website.

I hope you can find a way of implementing such an idea as I feel it will bring the two games much closer together and make World of Trucks even better, and would give a format which means you could model other areas in the future such as Australia.
Flemming V
Global moderator

Re: Linking American Truck Simulator to ETS2

#2 Post by Flemming V » 24 Apr 2014 18:12

markgr1nyer wrote:Would it be possible to link American truck simulator with Euro Truck simulator, so you could run jobs between both continents.
Well, it's only a question of time before someone merge ATS and ETS2 maps together and add an ferry between. It would not even take 2 min to do it.
Would I love to see that? Nope, just don't feel for it. Would others love to see this? Yes, for sure some would.
Baja_002

#3 Post by Baja_002 » 24 Apr 2014 21:08

I've suggested it before (for some reason it went under the radars :lol: ); anyway, I think that is the ultimate goal for the developers, merging those two would be really nice.

Code: Select all

As our long term plan is to push forward both ETS2 and ATS under the umbrella of World of Trucks, both projects will benefit massively from each other's new features.
Soundwave

#4 Post by Soundwave » 24 Apr 2014 22:21

Some interaction will most definitely be implemented, but at what level is the big question. I'd definitely like to see
as much as possible, specially the ability to use the same player profile for both games.
My WoT Page

ThinkStation P500 - Xeon E5-1650v3/32GB // ThinkPad P70 - Xeon E3-1505M/64GB
ThinkPad W540 - i7-4800MQ/32GB // ThinkPad W520 - i7-2720QM/32GB
ThinkPad T450s - i7-5600U/12GB // Yoga 900 - i7-6500U/16GB

[ external image ]
Karloe

#5 Post by Karloe » 24 Apr 2014 23:28

Brainfart incoming :P

That would mean a sort of Contract, transport 1 Container from City W in Europe to S in California USA.
Transport costs Port to Port can be cut out, that is Buyer or Seller part.
Users can have Company E (player 1) in the ETS version and Company A (player 2) in ATS, and link them as "Joined" in World off Trucks.

The moment P1 takes on the contract P2 get's an email, incoming Container in Port L in xx Days, expected delivery in City S xx hours after arrival.
After delivery in Port R, email: Container is on Schedule, expected arrival in xx Days.
24 - 48 hours before arrival in L email: expected arrival is in xx hours, so P2 can head to Port L.
Weather could be influencing the Container Ship, speeding up or delaying arrival.
At arrival P2 gets a last email, Container waiting in Port L, xx hours to go to deliver it in S.
(that is after recalculating remaining miles to the ATS game distances/time use)

/End Brainfart :P

And as a last comment, I wrote this "simplified" down to the bare basics.
Implementing it could bring up a lot of problems / improvements that have to be made at 3 levels (ETS1/ATS & WOT)

So, I do Like the Idea, but if it is realizable?
I don't know, I am not a programmer, I just try to think logical, and analyze a problem.

And the first thing that comes up, Payments, who get's what part? Shared, ore based on "local" distance?
DocMoriarty

#6 Post by DocMoriarty » 25 Apr 2014 04:15

Transport orders between the continents using a ferry are completely unrealistic so i wouldn't recommend that. Transport orders would go to/from a harbour and the transport over sea would be done without truck most likely in a container and therefore wouldn't be our business. BUT i would like to be able to "travel" ingame between EU and US, maybe with a nice airport animation like in TDU2!!! In the US i then get into my US truck and start haulin there. Maybe around 10 cities on each continent would have an airport from/to which you can fly. You'd have to have an empty truck there though to be able to fly there. To get the first truck on a continent you need to buy one online in an airport city and store it there.
Mac

#7 Post by Mac » 25 Apr 2014 04:49

Naw I'm not for loading the whole truck on a ferry or a plane, as Doc says..Transport orders between the continents using a ferry are completely unrealistic.. Secondly why would I be paying the 15 or 50 K to move the goods from continent to continent? That's the shippers/receivers problem. If this linking was to be implemented at some time however, I like Doc's or Karloe's idea..
cleber_oro

#8 Post by cleber_oro » 25 Apr 2014 11:27

markgr1nyer wrote:...
As I know this sort of trip is kind of unrealistic ...
That's it!
markgr1nyer

#9 Post by markgr1nyer » 25 Apr 2014 15:52

Ok.

I admit my idea was far fetched and unrealistic, thats why I started the thread rather than just leaving it as an e-mail to SCS.

I much prefer Karoles "brainfart" idea to mine. As you may have gathered ;) I don't know a lot about the haulage industry, as an outsider I was just expressing a way it could be done.

Europe-America example
You have taken a job in Europe you then drive it to the port and it gets placed on the ferry (or airport maybe as a reward for progession similar or part of the long distance skills), then a sub program opens up American truck simulator and either moves your truck to the port where the shipment 'lands' with a time "penalty" similar to 'go to base' in ETS2, or you can choose to drive the truck yourself from where you left it to go and pick up the shipment, and maybe sneak in another job towards the port from where you left your truck, but you only have a limited window to pick up (more limited for urgent jobs) if you do decide to drive to it yourself, so you can't just leave jobs waiting in a port for ages, or another ompany takes it and you get fined for a failed delivery.

The general idea is similar to how air hauler works for flight simulator

Many thanks
Mark
impearse

#10 Post by impearse » 25 Apr 2014 15:56

cleber_oro wrote:
markgr1nyer wrote:...
As I know this sort of trip is kind of unrealistic ...
That's it!
Agreed. I like the idea of maybe using the same profile/character on both sides of the Atlantic. Not sure about loads going over - would be a very unusual thing to be happening normally.
The most dangerous bit of a vehicle is the nut that holds the steering wheel...
My page in WoT: https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online ... p?id=84863
[ external image ]

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”