Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multi-Drop Trailer

Should SCS implement multi drop loads/trailers?

Yes
94%
No
4%
Other (Comment)
2%

Total votes: 106

sundistorsion

Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multi-Drop Trailer

#21 Post by sundistorsion » 29 Aug 2014 13:05

This feature sounds nice, but I see it as a more enhanced generic feature of "owning your own trailer". This has also been suggested.

Extending and merging the two features, I see it like this:
1. Buy or rent a trailer. Buying a trailer is done from the truck store. All truck stores, regardless of brand, sale the same trailers. If neede trailers can be rented from the same store(s). A rented trailer has the following limitations: A rent fee is applied hourly/daily, which reduced the actual income of a job; rented trailers cannot be picked up online, but only from a store and have to be dropped at the same store, otherwise an additional relocation fee is applied. (I remember an installment of 18 WoS having the by trailer option)
2. Jobs filtered on required trailer. The current job center would need to filter the jobs available, depending on the required trailer. When reaching the origin of the job (the providing company), the jobs available for you are also restricted to the trailer type that you have (e.g. going to pick up some apples with a tanker behind will not show the job available at the company placer). Not having a trailer attached gives no job options, when reaching a company terminal.
3. Job offers are based on weight. So, at job center, you no longer have a trailer full of apples, but rather 18t of apples (from Paris to Berlin), or 36t (2 trailers), or 27t (1.5 trailers). You can now select how much of that cargo you want to pick up (not sure how it is in real life, as I am not in the industry :(), let's say 50% or 100% of capacity. If this is the situation, than you could pick up 9t of apples from Paris for Berlin and also pick up 9t of tomatoes from Dusseldorf to Leipzig. It could also go as far as the jobs, in general, are not 100% of a trailer but somewhere between 80%-100%, giving different payouts. So you can have, for example, a cargo of apples, ranging from 16.5 to 18t (given that 18t of apples is the maximum which can fit in a trailer).

This would require a lot more planning in terms of jobs, but it may be fun. Personally, I see this feature too be to much of a game changer, for a release game, like ETS2, but could be a considerable addition for ATS or ETS3.
GaborBartal

#22 Post by GaborBartal » 29 Aug 2014 14:55

This last idea was done in Hard Truck 2: King of the roads... and I loved it!

It would add a lot of excitement to the game - you would spend a long time planning your route now :)
Currently, you just pick up something, follow a read line, that's it
https://www.facebook.com/photorealistic
My hyperrealism graphite art
Evanbroesder

#23 Post by Evanbroesder » 02 Sep 2014 18:57

I agree with that idea. Maybe a stupid idea but maybe you'd be possible to drive with forklifts or something to drop-off the goods. It looks cool to me as it's a part of the drop as truck driver:) Great idea btw!
Araripe

#24 Post by Araripe » 02 Sep 2014 20:30

Multi-drop trailers... Great idea! Increases the realism, and makes the game way more immersive. Voted ;)
Centrino2

Pick up Multiple Loads like in Hard Truck 2

#25 Post by Centrino2 » 26 Nov 2014 00:42

Made this post without knowing this topic existed, merged (I was trying to find a better video through Google and then this topic popped up)

Part 2 of nostalgia trip:

So about being able to pick up multiple loads:
(oops, well I guess this video isn't the best example) In Hard Truck 2 (HT2) sometimes the load does not fill up the volume of trailer or make it overweight, therefore you can add more loads until it hits the weight limit or it completely fills the volume of the trailer up. Although you should be able to go overweight in ATS.... just be prepared to pay the price. :twisted:

But, when you are hauling trailers around that you don't own as a freelancer you should not be able to pick up any additional loads, it was pre loaded with cargo. It belongs to the company you picked the trailer up from and they would probably not be happy that you picked up a load from another company with their trailer (although I don't know if real life companies would pick up another companies load).

Ex: Trameri would not be happy that you took their preloaded Trameri trailer and picked up a Stokes load.

Only if you work as a company trucker (not quick jobs, instead like the way it was in 18 WoS: Pedal to the Metal) for either Trameri or for another trucking company (not available in-game) like Swift. (note: Trameri is logistics not just a trucking company, I believe Swift is just a trucking company). Then you can pick up multiple loads under their orders, not because you want to. Even so, if freelancing for a company like Trameri, when you are hauling their trailer you should only be allowed to pick up other loads from their company.

And of course multiple drops offs should also be included, especially when the loads you picked up are not going to the same place. Although I don't know if the trailers in ETS2 are fully loaded or not.

But when you own the trailer, then you can do whatever you want with it, even drop it in the river, which I accidently did in Hard Truck 2. :lol: Which in that game you did not own the trailer and neither did anybody else, so you could just do whatever you wanted with it. But it still felt like that trailer was yours.... until you got rid of it for another one.

This feature is not available in R'n'R.... but you can take on multiple tasks: Hauling a Trailer, pick up a hitchhiker, and deliver a package for your friendly neighborhood drug dealer--- I mean stranger.

Also according to this post, it seems like a tanker can take on different fluids at the same time, although I don't know if there are any restrictions on what fluids can be in the trailer at the same time, even so the tanker trailers in ETS2 do seem to be fully loaded.

As for assorted load that I have suggested before. That I mainly suggested for store warehouses (not available in-game), and perhaps companies similar to UPS and FedEx. Assorted loads would already be preloaded with different cargo: electronics, books, generators (suggested). With a drop down menu in the freight market yadayada. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5353&start=30#p308631
supric

#26 Post by supric » 26 Nov 2014 15:15

NeonChargeGaming wrote:I think it would be a great idea if you do several drops in one load, so you could just work in a city traveling around different companies.
Now you can make a mod with only 1 trailer, 1 cargo in all companies with a different mass. It will be exactly the same you want.

If mass increased after unload/load - cargo added, if mass decreases - cargo partially unloaded. If you got a trailer with cargo mass 0 (zero) - you fully unloaded :)
michaelj_80

#27 Post by michaelj_80 » 14 Feb 2019 23:21

Hey i support your idea. This would add more realism and a logistic challenge to have place for all the different cargos in your trailer. It could be that you both need store capacity and also not overload the weigt capacity. Off course you take only cargos that your trailer is built for. Another thing that could be added is multiple jobs preplanned so i can have a schedule with many different jobs stacked. Another feature to suggest is to have routes for cargo that is often transported between the same cities.

Regards Michael.
AndyTheMaster

#28 Post by AndyTheMaster » 13 Mar 2019 20:01

Agree +1

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”