Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 18

henonor

Low bridges, marked on the map and with sign

#1 Post by henonor » 24 May 2017 15:57

I just crashed into a bridge with a locomotive on the trailer. I understand that this is now down as a bug, but really, I would not want the bridge fixed, I would want it marked with a sign and on the map, so that I have to make the necessary detour.

It's a simulator, right?
Axel Slingerland

Re: Low bridges, marked on the map and with sign

#2 Post by Axel Slingerland » 24 May 2017 18:38

Good point about the bridge and a warning sign on the map telling you to go a different way. But as far as your question about ETS2 being a simulator, I refer to it as an "arcadish simulator". Because it's pretty clear that SCS has worked hard to strike a good balance between an arcade game and a simulator, and I think they have done that quite well. You can ditch a lot of the arcadish stuff with mods too...
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
marcel-dutch

#3 Post by marcel-dutch » 24 May 2017 19:13

Axel Slingerland wrote:Because it's pretty clear that SCS has worked hard to strike a good balance between an arcade game and a simulator,
Personal I prefer a completely simulator without arcade.
But al lot of drivers can't drive at all and needs the 'arcade' mode with no damage mods to complete the jobs.

I think that the sim becomes a full simulator in the future. Like a lot of flight sims are now.
No arcade, but a real simulator.

So far I notised that some drivers are real arcade players who used the sim as a GTA game.

So, I agree with the TS that the real none arcade drivers need those kind of road signs. ;)
juizzysquirt

#4 Post by juizzysquirt » 24 May 2017 20:05

This sounds like a great idea, as long as player doesn't get "trapped" between two low bridges when picking up cargo. I don't know if there are any areas like that in base map, but at least it'd be usable in map mods.

What would really be great, if they could show clearance heights for each tunnel/bridge in the map, and have some way to display total height of the cargo in game. Problem is, you can't really see those map markers in freight market view. At least if SCS don't make them so.
xXCARL1992Xx

#5 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 24 May 2017 20:08

in map mods the developers can make this already

ProMods added it for icland where you can see on the map where you need a 4x4 vehicle or where a lot of snow is on the street
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
henonor

#6 Post by henonor » 24 May 2017 21:46

It would definitely require signs in the "world", markings on the map, and also the required detour marked. So, I guess it would require some effort from SCS.

It would just be such a great gameplay lift, and I don't think it significantly hurts the arcade players since it only would affect the locomotive trailer afaik and some modded ones. And as far as I remember, all rookie drivers hit a bridge or something at some point before it goes into the backbone to read those signs. - I brought down a gas station roof...

In terms of it being relevant, just check this channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTELlK ... zWjV5W2DWw

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”