Wishlists Megathread

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Wishlists Megathread

#2051 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 25 May 2017 20:36

this days will be skipped or fast forward
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
dar4eto

#2052 Post by dar4eto » 26 May 2017 12:53

Another good advice:

- engine temperature raising..

in the real life the normal work for the engine 90 C, but with going overrpm and hot weather you will just raise temperature of engine and having a risk of damaging it. we miss this feature. Oh yeah also brake disks overheat? you can just easily overheat these
Makedonski_Kamiondzija
KoperSLO

#2053 Post by KoperSLO » 26 May 2017 15:38

Lombra wrote:
KoperSLO wrote:- Within whole year you have some non-labour days (specific by country) when drivers can't drive on the roads, so they must stay put,
- Non-working on sundays (as IRL)
What, you're just going to do nothing in game for several hours?
CARL1992 wrote:this days will be skipped or fast forward
Exactly like this, or maybe some additional option to sleep longer or something like that
squerble

#2054 Post by squerble » 30 May 2017 18:15

I have three things that I'd love to see in ETS2/ATS at the moment. A couple of them would be "trivial" (relatively speaking) to implement:
  • Dashboard map - implement an ETA and distance-to-go on the dashboard map. It doesn't need to be a full line like in the popup version, but just an icon to represent DTG, and a clock or "ETA" to show the ETA. Again, I believe this would be an "easy" feature to add.
  • Split diesel and AdBlue - this one is fairly self-explanatory. Right now they drain at different rates but we only have a game mechanic to refill in one spot. I guess if this could be split, we'd have to refill the AdBlue tank every 3 fuel tanks (or roughly that). I'd say this was "medium/hard" as it needs to be a core change, and then would require the change of all the fuel station prefabs to allow two filling points. It would also require a truck overhaul too, as the warning lights and mechanics would then need to be worked into each of the tractors.
  • Rigids and owned trailers - This is a massive, core game change to change the concept of the trailer being the cargo, to one of a trailer being able to carry a cargo. This would then allow rigids to come in too. The job market would then list a cargo with a weight (as it does now) and then your current vehicle (just a rigid) or current trailer (flat bed, refrigerated etc) would be the limit on what you could carry. This is a massive change that would require new trailer models for the flatbed trailers, as well as adding tags/restrictions to each cargo that could be carried with each type of trailer (some foods requiring refrigerated trailers, the huge loco only being able to be used with the new huge flatbeds etc). This is a massive undertaking, but one which I believe will bring the greatest refresh of the game, and open it up for many, many more hours of fun in the future, especially as there would be more of an idea of career progression by starting with 7.5t rigids as an agency driver, working all the way up to being an owner-driver with your own trailer(s), as well as building your company in the background still.
So those are my three most wanted features at the moment.

EDIT: Removed the first one as it was UK-only and so wouldn't really make a difference.
Last edited by squerble on 30 May 2017 19:11, edited 1 time in total.
Grimples

#2055 Post by Grimples » 30 May 2017 18:30

Not very often i criticise but what difference does it make what it states on a trailers licence plate, it's a game, it's not real! I would rather SCS spent their time doing something more relevant, like more cities, towns, roads, countries.
I think if owned trailers were to be brought into the game then there should also be loading times, how long does it take to load 20 ton of tinned beans into a trailer, did you think of that.
Dan

#2056 Post by Dan » 30 May 2017 18:42

How about Bullbars actually protecting trucks from damage when having collisions with cars or props ?
xXCARL1992Xx

#2057 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 30 May 2017 18:59

squerble wrote:I have four things that I'd love to see in ETS2/ATS at the moment. A couple of them would be "trivial" (relatively speaking) to implement:
  • Correct trailer registration plates - Right now, the trailer gets a registration plate based on the country of origin of the cargo. This is simply incorrect - the trailer should always take the registration plate of the tractor. I believe this change would be "easy" to implement, and in effect is actually simpler than the current system.
i dont know i wich country you live but here in Germany the trailer is a separate "vehicle" that is registered with its own licence plate

and even then why should the trailer in ETS2 have your licence plate if you dont even own the trailer ?!
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
squerble

#2058 Post by squerble » 30 May 2017 19:05

In the UK, the trailer always takes the registration of the tractor. Truck drivers will carry an additional registration plate that they affix to the trailer that they hook up to. This would happen regardless of owning the trailer or not. However, I wrongly assumed this was the case everywhere, and after a quick Google, it would appear that in a lot of EU states the trailer has its own registration plate, which is kinda crazy but there we are :D
Last edited by squerble on 30 May 2017 19:12, edited 1 time in total.
xXCARL1992Xx

#2059 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 30 May 2017 19:08

that means the trailers insurance is going with the truck and this will never function her in Germany

Truck own insurance + trailer own insurance
[ external image ]
squerble

#2060 Post by squerble » 30 May 2017 19:10

Yep, that seems fair enough. Having Google'd a little more, it would seem that it's pretty much only the UK that functions in this way, everywhere else has its own trailer registration/insurance etc. I'll cross it off my list.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”