Yes
89%
No
11%

Total votes: 109

Vajo

Classic Vehicles DLC

#1 Post by Vajo » 07 Oct 2015 09:06

What is this? The question is easy: An ETS2 community initiative to add previous-generation trucks into Euro Truck Simulator 2.

The "Classic Vehicles DLC group" is a Euro Truck Simulator 2 community initative, aspiring to persuade the game's developers to release a collection of older trucks for Euro Truck Simulator 2 - some of them considered vintage, or even classic among trucking fans.

By "older", we mean previous-generation trucks, built mostly between 1980-2005. The exact list of vehicles is the following:

Scania: Scania 142H, 143, or 164
DAF: DAF XF 95, DAF 3300, or 3600
MAN: MAN F8, TGA, or F2000
Renault: R340 Turboliner, or Magnum AE Integral
Iveco: Iveco Turbo Star, or Euro Star/Euro Tech
Volvo: Volvo F12, F16, or FH12 (1998 model)
Mercedes: Mercedes Benz SK, Benz NG, or Benz MPI (1999 model), or Benz MP2
One or more discontinued British ERF or Foden models.

Our goal is to have at least 3-6 vehicles added to a downloadable content pack (aka DLC). We would accept to make this happening in the form a paid DLC, but only if the pricetag faithfully reflects the quality and quantity of the DLC contents.

To achieve this goal, we try to campaign in as many forms as possible: we represent ourselves on fan pages, the official SCS Software forums, the developers' blog, and are never afraid to send SCS some e-mails to remind them about the DLC. If you don't speak English well, no worries - we have prepared a sample e-mail and an example forum post just for you to use! You can find these below...

If you agree with us, and also want to see older trucks in ETS2, please do not hesitate to help us out - like our page, tell your friends about our initiative, and bombard SCS with e-mails and posts to remind them that the classics are still roaming the roads of Europe...

Sample e-mail:

The easiest way to help us is to send an e-mail directly to the developers! So grab that keyboard, and fire them the e-mail below!

To: info@scssoft.com
Subject: Classic Trucks DLC Pack
E-mail text:

Dear SCS Software,

I am writing this letter regarding a potential DLC which - in my opinion - would be very much embraced by the majority of the ETS2 community: a vehicle pack containing previous-generation European trucks. While I do understand that you have your own plans for extending Euro Truck Simulator 2, I think that such a DLC would be a worthy addition to your current flagship.

There are several older vehicles for every brand that would be great to see in ETS2 - the pool of vehicles I am thinking about is the following:

Models of currently licensed manufacturers:

Scania: Scania 142H, or 143 or 164DAF: DAF XF 95, or DAF 3300, or 3600MAN: MAN F8, or TGA, or F2000Renault: R340 Turboliner, or Magnum AE IntegralIveco: Iveco Turbo Star or Euro StarVolvo: Volvo F12, or F16, or FH12 (from 1998)

Models of currently unlicensed manufacturers:

Mercedes: Mercedes Benz SK, or Benz NG, or Benz MPI (from 1999)

Naturally, I understand that you do not have the manpower and budget to include all these vehicles in a DLC - however, even if you could feature 3-4 vehicles (or perhaps one model of each manufacturer) from the above list, I would already be willing to pay for the package.

I hope this idea will be worthy of your consideration. Thanks for reading my e-mail!

Regards,

Your Name

Sample forum comment:

Drive to the official forum of SCS Software (http://forum.scssoft.com), and show them that we want to see the classics on the road! To support the DLC plan on the forum, do the following:

Write the following comment (or something similar) there:
"I support the idea of a Classic Vehicle DLC! I also want to see older trucks in ETS2!"

Sample blog comment:

SCS Software publishes most of their news on the team's official blog (blog.scssoft.com). Let's comment their news and let them know about our cause!

1. Click on the title of the latest blog entry at http://blog.scssoft.com!
2. Comment the following to the blog entry:
"Thanks for the new information SCS! That said, sorry for being off-topic, but would you please also think about making a DLC that would add some older trucks to ETS2? It would be great, and I would even willing to pay for it!"

Your help is very much appreciated! Let's show to SCS what we want!

[ external image ]
Last edited by Vajo on 07 Oct 2015 09:56, edited 2 times in total.
florence3099
Global moderator

Re: Classic Vehicles DLC

#2 Post by florence3099 » 07 Oct 2015 09:16

I've added a poll
Dr doom

#3 Post by Dr doom » 07 Oct 2015 09:24

YES!! We can also have truck from the 30s and 40s, maybe even older!!
Axel Slingerland

#4 Post by Axel Slingerland » 07 Oct 2015 09:28

It would be nice, but unlike mod builders who do not need permission or product licenses, SCS does... And for this reason, I just don't see anything like this ever happening.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
SiSL
SCS Software

#5 Post by SiSL » 07 Oct 2015 09:37

^^ What he said...

Beside maintaining all trucks would take a lot of time considering we didn't even get badges for DAF 105 or MB 2009 yet :)

Beside immersive wise, They are not classics, they are obsolete... I don't like to see old trucks that are not in the roads anymore... That's why there are mods for that.
aradeth

#6 Post by aradeth » 07 Oct 2015 09:53

I think SCS has already got a lot of works to do. They are still developing ATS and ETS 2.
Also the DLC you are talking about contains a lot of new truck models, it's nearly impossible to release that amount of new models as a dlc. It could be a new game.
By the way you can find a lot of "classic" truck mods(payed or free) on the internet.
Vajo

#7 Post by Vajo » 07 Oct 2015 10:19

Interesting ideas. Arguments and cons, but you always forget to this is a truck game. The trucks do not mean from 2000' to nowadays. They are here, around us from broadly 1900'. Think about it, I bought the game and all DLC's and paintjobs on Steam. I spent more money like BF4+Premium. And what I have? 13 trucks. Why impossible to make 3-4 new trucks? Tell me, SCS does it and they ask 1 year to develope and create 4 truck, I will understand and wait. I think it is not an impossible request.
aradeth

#8 Post by aradeth » 07 Oct 2015 10:31

Then you can ask those: why no whole europe map, why no more trailers, why no real companies, why no more accessories :)

You've spent 59.99$ for BF4 and 19.95$(MAX) for that game, so it's definetly fair to have only 13 trucks.
They're still adding new truck, still developing the game. For a 19 $ price tag it's an amazing thing for me.
Also this game' developing aims moderns truck, this is the origin of this game.

Final note: They don't have to upgrade the game nor add new trucks etc. They are not greedy like other game companies and still developing the game. So be happy about what u already got ;)
Vajo

#9 Post by Vajo » 07 Oct 2015 10:59

Yes, trailers, accessories and etc, but Euro Truck Simulator is a truck game. The most important content are the vehicles. Okey, i'm wrong, because I don't use modifications, only the base. So I don't download any trucks, trailers, etc. I only playing with the basic version of the game. The mods are a possibilty and lot of players don't use them. The purpose of my initiation to making classics from 1990-2000'. The modders are can't do interiors similar quality by SCS. Exterior version of the truck mods are perfect, however the interior. New idea. Classic Vehicles Interior DLC? :D
MazTrucker

#10 Post by MazTrucker » 07 Oct 2015 16:56

OMG yes yes yes I want a Magnum AE so much. Please SCS.
But when I think about the time it took to make the last trucks... XD

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”