89%
No
11%

Total votes: 109

plykkegaard

Re: Classic Vehicles DLC

#11 Post by plykkegaard » 07 Oct 2015 19:15

When we have rigids and megas we can discuss other specialities :D

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Axel Slingerland

#12 Post by Axel Slingerland » 07 Oct 2015 20:07

Realistically, Vajo, my advice to you is this. If you really want all those trucks in the game, I would think that if you found a way to solve the issues that SCS would have to solve before they could make it happen, that they might just consider doing it. So if you pay for all the truck licenses, and pay for modellers to make the 3D truck models, and programmers to make those models perform they way they are supposed to in the game, and everything else that they need to do to release a new DLC like you have suggested, they might do it.

Is it worth that much to you?
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
CXN2615

#13 Post by CXN2615 » 08 Oct 2015 02:45

I think just leave it to modder, or you can made them on your own. ;)
SiSL
SCS Software

#14 Post by SiSL » 08 Oct 2015 04:50

Vajo wrote:... but Euro Truck Simulator is a truck game.
Correction: Euro Truck Simulator is not "truck game" , it is "European trucking simulator" which means "it simulates trucking business in EU which not only 2000's all pre-Euro 5 (before 2008/9) trucks are banned from traffic"

In other words, only time you can see those trucks on commerical business where they are sold from Europe, usually 3rd world countries, East Middle East Asia or South America but not Europe...
Axel Slingerland

#15 Post by Axel Slingerland » 08 Oct 2015 05:36

That was part of my point... We see these threads quite often where people are posting unrealistic suggestions, frequently without doing any of the things that are outlined in the Feature Wishlists and Suggestions Guidelines, such as searching the forum for previous postings of the same suggestion (like this one has many of), and without even knowing what would actually be involved or required to make their suggestions happen. And that is why I always suggest something like I did earlier. A little dose of reality, if you will.

The ones that really make laugh are the people who are not programmers, have no clear idea of what programming involves, yet they say some suggestion they're made is easy to do. You should at the very minimum have some idea of what you're talking about before you say something like that.
[ external image ]

Trident R.S.

#16 Post by Trident R.S. » 09 Oct 2015 17:29

SiSL wrote: In other words, only time you can see those trucks on commerical business where they are sold from Europe, usually 3rd world countries, East Middle East Asia or South America but not Europe...
Maybe i not understand, but you mean in real life pre euro5 vehicle are not allowed to circulate?
I dont think so.
In any case, this is irrilevant if the game become a old truck simulator (like the old GP legends).
Last edited by Reef on 09 Oct 2015 22:51, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary pyramid quoting. Please read the forum rules
plykkegaard

#17 Post by plykkegaard » 09 Oct 2015 17:58

Just too damn expensive to be approved for the roads
Lots and lots of (EU) regulations and rules

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Axel Slingerland

#18 Post by Axel Slingerland » 09 Oct 2015 19:12

Rules I wish we could have here in the US. But we know how it goes... What big money wants, big money gets. And what big money doesn't want, never happens.
[ external image ]

thebigbadonion

#19 Post by thebigbadonion » 09 Oct 2015 20:40

Hmmm, this is in no way an original or new idea, and has been discussed on this forum plenty of times, with some great ideas thrown around with it. Such as the one about including a used truck dealer, and being able to buy trucks of varying condition.

But what people need to remember is SCS is only a pretty small team, split across 2 games. I doubt more than 60 people work there. It takes them the best part of a year as it is from start to finish to make a truck model at their current speed. No one can deny that those trucks (especially the recent ones are very detailed) Plus not to mention the fact they already have others in the works likely for ETS 2, and certainly for ATS. I'm sure by this point SCS know there's a large demand within the community for more trucks, both older, and of other modern models. Just like they also know people want more trailers, and the ability to buy trailers, and an improved map, and so many other things. There really is no point constantly emailing them about it. There's so many threads already about all of those things. While yes I would like to see older trucks, I certainly don't support hassling a small development team that's already doing so many other things to their game. People from dev team (such as Max, Komat, and Michal do read these threads, I'm 99% sure they get the message by now :p But they do have to prioritize. SCS aren't exactly Rockstar games with a multi million dollar budget and a massive pool of staff all over the world.
Axel Slingerland

#20 Post by Axel Slingerland » 10 Oct 2015 01:10

thebigbadonion wrote:While yes I would like to see older trucks, I certainly don't support hassling a small development team that's already doing so many other things to their game.
Mostly for free, I might add. They have been doing updates for ETS2 on a regular basis ever since it was released, and the third anniversary of that release date is coming up on the 19th. I bought the game when it was 1.5.x, and now at 1.21.x it is almost a different game. It has been dramatically improved time and time again, and they are still doing updates as we speak. Yes, they have released a few DLC's, and most have been Steam Only. But they have done a lot for people who bought this game a long time ago, and they still are. I feel I most definitely get my money's worth from any SCS games I buy, and I can't say that about any other game developer I have ever seen. SCS even puts Blizzard to shame in that department.
[ external image ]

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”