Re: Classic Vehicles DLC

#21 Post by plykkegaard » 10 Oct 2015 07:47

Valve and Half-Life pops in to mind
More tools and documentation
Access to source code
Last I checked still live and after two decades
First game I ever modded a game

But yes just a handful and some long gone

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
golcan

#22 Post by golcan » 10 Oct 2015 08:50

Hi mates,

If we pay a low price for an amazing game, with lots of high quality contents, lots of support all the time (they are always reading posts and answering questions), should we expect more? More is impossible, unless they increase in size (meaning good bye to low prices).
Sincerely, I wonder how SCS has managed to add DLCs such as Scandinavia, while still is working on ATS and other stuffs. They are magicians!
IMHO, SCS is perfect focused in developing the key parts, and keep doors open to modders. Almost everything is extensible. I don't remember another game allowing almost all kind of modifications.
The community is wonderful, plenty of top skilled people contributing and helping new players.

I wonder ... what more should one expect for the same money that you pay for some kilograms of fruit? I agree with Axel (and others), we have to be realistic ...

Kind regards.
prosiak

#23 Post by prosiak » 10 Oct 2015 16:55

I personally want following trucks:

-Renault Magnum Integral, or even more early E-Tech with integral dashboard and retarder (Integral had no retarder, and later E-Tech had new dashboard i don't like too much).
-Scania series 4.
-Volvo FH-12.
plykkegaard

#24 Post by plykkegaard » 10 Oct 2015 18:31

Heavy duty trucks and heavy hauls, interesting but different gameplay

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Axel Slingerland

#25 Post by Axel Slingerland » 11 Oct 2015 05:55

plykkegaard wrote:Valve and Half-Life pops in to mind
If you are comparing Valve and Half-Life to SCS and ETS2, I don't see the similarity... ETS2 is based on Prism3D, a game engine SCS developed themselves and have been improving and rewriting every time they release a new game based on it. Nearly everything done in an SCS game is based on original work developed by them. While SCS has licensed some code from other sources, mostly in the form of artwork and audio, the vast majority of all SCS software is all their own original work.

By contrast, the same can not be said for Half-Life, which is based on a game engine now known as GoldSrc (aka Goldsource) which is based on the Quake game engine developed by and licensed from iD Software, with heavy modifications by Valve. Even the Source and Source 2 engines used for later titles by Valve are based partially on licensed software developed by iD Software. Thus you can't really consider Half-Life or any of it's expansions or sequels to be original works developed by Valve. So even if Valve has released a lot of updates for Half-Life, none of it is truly original like SCS's work is, and that is why I don't see the similarity.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
plykkegaard

#26 Post by plykkegaard » 11 Oct 2015 07:37

Not to hijack this thread but, but sorry I didn't compare game engines, I compared tools, documentation and access to source code
Did you know that you can get a SMD exporter for Sketchup? Now that's a thought ;-)

Bosco

#27 Post by Bosco » 05 Nov 2015 16:07

It would be really nice DLC dedicated to historic vehicles
I will pay the price of the full game, a DLC containing an Iveco TurboStar 190.48
Ivanko1

#28 Post by Ivanko1 » 09 Nov 2015 10:45

It's great idea! And I think it should be atleast 10-12 models and older trucks also.)
Janusz666

#29 Post by Janusz666 » 23 May 2017 19:17

If as DLC for free ok, no for money.
Last edited by Janusz666 on 23 May 2017 19:28, edited 1 time in total.
xXCARL1992Xx

#30 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 23 May 2017 19:20

you know SCS needs to make money

and can you stop with your post spam here ?
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”