Things I Wish/Hope SCS Adds To The Game

Mortanis

Things I Wish/Hope SCS Adds To The Game

#1 Post by Mortanis » 21 Dec 2016 09:54

So...
I'm just wondering, what are some of the things you people hope they add to the game?
Personally, I'd love it if they added weather effects such as rain and snow, maybe some thunder and lightening at night.
It'd also be cool if the driving physics reflected the weather as well, so you'd have to drive more carefully in the snow for instance because it is slippery and so forth.
And for those of you who'd hate that, they should have a switch in the menu that would turn weather off.

I think that is the biggest thing I'd like to see...hopefully the devs read these suggestions! :D
Last edited by Flemming V on 21 Dec 2016 10:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to » Feature Wishlists and Suggestions
room217au

Re: Things I Wish/Hope SCS Adds To The Game

#2 Post by room217au » 21 Dec 2016 23:17

There is a "Rain Probability" slider in gameplay options.
Slider at 0% = no rain
Slider at 100% = almost always rains.
There's no snow component in the vanilla game yet. But you're welcome to use weather mods.

The truck behaves differently in the wet. It's easier to lose tyre grip in the wet than in the dry. There is also a "drying time" variable, which suggests to me that even after it rains there's loss of traction before the road dries?

As far as switching off the weather, I would think that would require a game restart and not just switching it off?
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.
TwinShadow

#3 Post by TwinShadow » 28 Dec 2016 07:56

I can say that there is already thunder and lightning. Maybe you just haven't hit that random variable to spawn such a thing. I know I have several times in both games.

Anyway, I do know that different weather events have been requested for a number of years now, so its just a matter of when SCS wants to implement it on their loooooooo....[1000 more o's later]...oooong list of priorities.
dkasper00

#4 Post by dkasper00 » 07 Jan 2017 23:25

I like the idea, but maybe more along the lines of changing seasons.
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.
Mortanis

#5 Post by Mortanis » 25 Apr 2017 09:59

I REALLY like the idea of seasons!! That would be so cool! Seeing the leaves change colour and soforth...although most of the American States have a very .... Desert-like theme. I don't know how well that would work until they started adding other states that have trees and more vegetation and less Desert/flatlands...
Last edited by Flemming V on 25 Apr 2017 11:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote removed. Please don't quote post right above.
ajk68

Realistic Rain & Fog & Thunder Sounds

#6 Post by ajk68 » 25 Apr 2017 17:15

Try this mod! You won't regret! It's one of my personal Top10 out of a quantity of Mods! For Single Player a Must-Have (:
https://ets2.lt/en/realistic-rain-fog-t ... nds-v-3-4/
Axel Slingerland

#7 Post by Axel Slingerland » 26 Apr 2017 04:05

Mortanis wrote:...although most of the American States have a very .... Desert-like theme.
There's a reason for that. So far (as far as I know anyway) there's California, Nevada and Arizona. All three states have a lot of desert.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”