OFFICIAL MULTIPLAYER

Saxman

OFFICIAL MULTIPLAYER

#1 Post by Saxman » 06 Feb 2017 11:58

I think it would be cool to have a official multiplayer. you could drive around with your friends in big convoys!

If you make a multiplayer ( I HOPE SO):
* there should be public servers ( so that you can play with many people online ) and private servers (so that you can play
with your friends only)
* there should be many more Admins than in the mod; they should drive policecars and towtrucks so that every truck who
gets damage is getting towed and (if there is winter) snowplows.
* of course the official multiplayer should have some AI but not to much (and no Truck AI)
* you should be in need as player to get through a driving test.
* there should be cars for pilots
* you should be able to leave the truck and controleyour load, get yourself a coffee or something to eat at the
restingarea and ,to get to the companys office for which you driving for and get your load, to chill with your friends at
the restingarea,... ( ALSO COOL IN SINGLE PLAYER ;) )
* and may more things...
Just think about it please!
xXCARL1992Xx

Re: OFFICIAL MULTIPLAYER

#2 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 06 Feb 2017 16:59

i don't think SCS has the money to rent Server for Public MP

and even so you see the MP Mod and all those idiots that ram you or block the road without a reason i dont think they would have the patients and manpower to look at every report that is made

and a Trucking game, in my opinion, don't need a MP
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Andrei_03

#3 Post by Andrei_03 » 06 Feb 2017 17:08

CARL1992 wrote:and a Trucking game, in my opinion, don't need a MP

Agree.
piva

#4 Post by piva » 06 Feb 2017 17:15

You don't have enough relations in real life?
Andrei_03

#5 Post by Andrei_03 » 06 Feb 2017 17:17

I have contact with lots of idiots at school.
Andrei_03

#6 Post by Andrei_03 » 06 Feb 2017 17:20

So i don't need contact with other idiots in MP, i see enough idiots every day.
Wolfi
Beta tester

#7 Post by Wolfi » 06 Feb 2017 17:25

I may be totally wrong, but I think, I recall SCS stating officially, that they don't want to make a multiplayer for the game. And seeing how many idiots roam the roads of MP mod, I'm happy they made this decission. Multiplayer in a Trucking game doesn't really make much sense for me either.
Unless SCS makes a limitation that only people with real life trucking license can play it. But that would cause a massive poopstorm, so nope...
The only thing I would agree to have implemented would be a 4 player co-op-like. So you can invite 3 of your friends to your game to drive with you. It doesn't require any external servers + you know exactly who you drive with.

But I wouldn't be holding my breath, crossing fingers, or anything like that, since any form of official MP 99% won't ever happen. That said I really don't mind driving alone with a couple of friends hanging around Steam Chat or Skype/Discord. (because that's kinda how trucking works in reality, you don't get 30-people convoy, you're lucky if you manage to get 1 dude on CB to talk to, especially in international transport)
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
Lombra

#8 Post by Lombra » 06 Feb 2017 21:32

Saxman wrote: * there should be many more Admins than in the mod; they should drive policecars and towtrucks so that every truck who
gets damage is getting towed and (if there is winter) snowplows.
This is exactly why it won't happen. There would have to be lots of official support and staff for it to be an enjoyable experience, and that means a lot of extra costs.
room217au

#9 Post by room217au » 06 Feb 2017 23:51

This is exactly what is needed.
GT-Mike wrote:[..] I would agree to have implemented would be a 4 player co-op-like. So you can invite 3 of your friends to your game to drive with you. It doesn't require any external servers + you know exactly who you drive with[..]
LAN Parties. A favourite pastime of us DooMers back in the day.
The only stick-in-the-mud is it seems younger folk, believing that everything happens on the screen in front of them, will refuse to travel with a PC under their arm.
Which is a real shame because LAN Parties combine computers and social skills. And that's a good thing.
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.
Axel Slingerland

#10 Post by Axel Slingerland » 07 Feb 2017 01:18

Why a LAN? That is "so yesterday", as my daughter would say. An Internet based game would be much better. Whoever has the fastest Internet connection starts the game, and invites or allows the other players to connect to his game via IP address. Players could be anywhere, so no need to pack up your computer and go anywhere. I have had many games that were connected in this manner, and it is much better than a LAN game. And no babysitters would ever be necessary! [ external image ]

It seems logical to me that if whoever made the Trucker's MP mod could make a server based mod to run ETS2 on, that someone else could make a mod to turn your computer into a server and allow other people to connect to it in the manner I described.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”