ATS/ETS2 double trailers can be possible, are pivots locked?

Tuddley3

ATS/ETS2 double trailers can be possible, are pivots locked?

#1 Post by Tuddley3 » 02 Mar 2017 06:20

Here is a video were someone added a dolly for the back of a trailer, and could attach a second trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=y ... pp=desktop

Oh look, here is an ancient SCS Blogspot talking about this 6 years ago...
http://blog.scssoft.com/2011/03/doubles.html
Last edited by Axel Slingerland on 02 Mar 2017 06:27, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't post multiple threads on the same subject, thank you.
Co-Owner - Operator of Chief Logistics VTC
If you would like to join our VTC, we are on TrucksBook
Application page : Company Profile #45576
Max
SCS Software

Re: ATS/ETS2 double trailers can be possible, are pivots loc

#2 Post by Max » 02 Mar 2017 14:54

mwl4 is one of the guys that hacked into ETS2 exe and created so called "MP mod".
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
room217au

#3 Post by room217au » 02 Mar 2017 15:16

reverse engineering is against SCS EULA ?
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.
SiSL
SCS Software

#4 Post by SiSL » 02 Mar 2017 15:20

By any standards, reverse engineering is against any EULA, however this is the case where you see SCS's difference from other companies.

Eitherway, double trailers are not part of the game and no way to activate it for now, it is what MP Mod team has done by reverse engineering and probably very same reasons and bugs, "community" standards, they decided not to include those in.
room217au

#5 Post by room217au » 02 Mar 2017 15:25

It is standard practice.. no dissemination, reverse-engineering, party hats, free sausage sizzles.. etc etc.
Most folks playing ETS2 or ATS seem to have trouble parking 1 trailer.
Personally, having driven b-triples, I would love the challenge of navigating a full b-double around the villages scattered about Europe.
If you suck at playing the trumpet, that's probably why.
Reinhard

#6 Post by Reinhard » 02 Mar 2017 16:14

SiSL wrote:By any standards, reverse engineering is against any EULA
Probably, at least if such is mentioned. But you can write anything you want into such a document. "No dress allowed while you use this software!". :D What finally matters is the law, and there is no global law. Any sentence in such EULA can be nullified by court. Many companies learned this the hard way.

What kind of reverse engineering is allowed or not, at which location on this planet, seems to be highly disputed. At each single location. Between layers.

My impression is that SCS' main concern is the amount of support which is sparked by all kind of tools used by people having no grasp what they are doing. Not so much the violation of the EULA.
truckcouch

#7 Post by truckcouch » 27 Mar 2017 23:03

This deserves a bump.

In the OP's post, he refers to an old SCS blog that shows the double trailers in existence with ETS 2. Now, I can understand why they wouldn't want to implement these trailers right now (narrow roads, narrow turns, etc), but why not in ATS? ATS has multiple trailer selections to haul, and the most sensible trailer to use for a double trailer is the 28 foot long one. ATS' roads are wide enough and the towns can handle their turning radius' and such. Even in real life, the double trailers are really common especially in transport. I don't see why it cannot be implemented in ATS? The only downside would be that it would be a challenge to park but even then, you have options on whether or not you would like to skip the parking or actually do it. I'm sure if you added these trailers, there would be more people buying ATS.
TwinShadow

#8 Post by TwinShadow » 28 Mar 2017 04:47

Because both games use nearly the exact same identical engine. The only difference between the two games are a couple of unique features exclusive to either game. Like Weigh Stations in ATS, or the speed cameras for ETS2. Typically, when one game gets a common feature, both games will get it. Technically speaking, multiple pivot points would fall under a common feature, so having it in both games would end up being the case.

But, until then, the engine simply does not support multiple pivot points, and there's no telling when, or if, SCS will even work on something for it.
piva

#9 Post by piva » 28 Mar 2017 05:17

Just add attachable_trailer[] to trailer type - no more else. :lol:
I was wonder, that F_HOOK connect to HOOK, I saw it in Brasilian double-trailer mod (traffic only)
truckcouch

#10 Post by truckcouch » 28 Mar 2017 12:48

@ TwinShadow

Not sure what you mean when you say the engine doesn't support it when several players have went into the engine and tweaked some things to make it work. If they can do it, I'm pretty sure a company that has developed several successful games in the last decade can do it no problem.

If I'm not mistaken, ETS2/ATS uses the same prism3d engine as the 18 WOS series, such as Haulin' or Pedal to the Medal. In those games as well, double trailers were put in place by SCS. If it was done then, why not now?
Last edited by ohaha on 28 Mar 2017 19:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote removed. Don't quote entire messages.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”