ATS/ETS2 double trailers can be possible, are pivots locked?

TwinShadow

Re: ATS/ETS2 double trailers can be possible, are pivots loc

#11 Post by TwinShadow » 29 Mar 2017 00:05

piva wrote:Just add attachable_trailer[] to trailer type - no more else. :lol:
I was wonder, that F_HOOK connect to HOOK, I saw it in Brasilian double-trailer mod (traffic only)
lol, I saw that topic. As you mention, it only works in traffic. It does not work for player-controlled vehicles. It also proves a point that the AI traffic do run on a sort of rail, as evidenced by a video when someone (I believe it was Global Mod here? who did some experiments) posted it to Youtube showing I think a B-Train of 3 or 4 trailers. The round-about was a funny one though.

Now, as for your inquiry truckcouch, I'll see if I can explain it as best as I can.

The engine, Prism3D, has changed a lot since the 18 WoS days. By a lot, I mean complete overhaul. They are not the same as they once were, so things were taken out and streamlined for better use of computer hardware. They are slowly adding newer features, and possibly bringing older ones back, as time goes on. But it is not an overnight process.

Now, just because someone literally hacked the engine and reverse-engineered (legal gray area mind you) the EXE, doesn't mean its possible under normal circumstances. The engine simply does not allow players to have multiple pivot points between the truck and trailers. Just one point, between the truck, and trailer itself. What was done in those ETS2 videos (I'm assuming) was a hack of the EXE, and a button coded to add a dolly and trailer to the end of an already existing job. Its a combination of DLL injection and memory modification really, and not many people can pick up on that stuff easily.

Its similar to what the MP hack does. Its basically hacking the EXE to inject a special DLL to do what it does now.

That's the best way I can explain why the engine simply will not have support for multiple pivots right now. Plus, the physics engine was changed at some point after that video was made for ETS2. It was changed in such a way that if you were to do the same addition of a dolly/trailer now, your truck would not move, or it would move very sluggish. It hasn't been updated since then that I'm aware, but then again, I personally don't care about those particular hacks anyway while we wait for SCS to make a decision on adding more pivot points finally. Its one of the most top requested features to be added in both ETS2 and ATS, since even before ETS1 came out.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”