Yes
92%
No
8%

Total votes: 12

Bluscream

More realistic AI behaviour

#1 Post by Bluscream » 11 Mar 2017 19:59

I wish the AI would behave more realistic. I know there are some mods that tweak AI behaviour but modders capabilities are limited too.
  • Causing accidents (Changing lanes with another AI driver or head-on collisions or they can't break fast enough and bump your or another AI's back)
  • Fleeing after causing a accident (sometimes, otherwise they have a 50:50 chance to stay where they are or drive onto the ermergency lane)
  • Driving recklessly (Lights off at night, Changing lanes/turning without turn signals, speeding, driving slow on left lane, cut others and player off, parking 2nd row, ignoring red traffic lights)
  • Causing traffic jams on populated highways (This implies point 1)
  • Greeting with lights without the player greeting first on unpopulated roads sometimes.
  • Randomly stopping on the right side of the road for a minute (To look at map or answer a call or smth)
  • Real highway populations (For example the A3 in germany is known for many accidents/construction sites so higher chance of traffic jams)
  • Emergency vehicles with code 3 (Ambulance/FIretrucks/Cop cars using lights and sirens sometimes driving faster and ignoring red lights.
  • City buses in city's parking at bus stops for ~20-30 secs.

I will extend the list when i remember smth else :)

P.S. Porting the cops from ATS was a good start ♥
CXN2615

Re: More realistic AI behaviour

#2 Post by CXN2615 » 12 Mar 2017 10:18

I find that AI for now is good at nothing but causing accidents, thus causing traffic jams and then fleeing. :mrgreen:
Bluscream

#4 Post by Bluscream » 14 Mar 2017 04:35

SiSL wrote:Those are happening but people reporting those as bugs :D
I have never experienced one until using Traffic Jam mods :D
Takahashi

#5 Post by Takahashi » 17 Mar 2017 03:59

Definitely +1 for this. The AI traffic also doesn't seem to understand the concept of right-of-way. I go to a roundabout in Paris, and I'm waiting for traffic inside to clear, but one car decides to be "kind" and stop for me, causing the whole roundabout to fill up and subsequently back up traffic all the way to the nearby highway.

And to top that, when I wait long enough for an AI vehicle to figure out that it should stop waiting for me, and finally moves along, the next car comes up and does the same thing.

[ external image ]

Like... come on...

a bit of a rant, sorry >_<
ah, is it morning already?
[ external image ][ external image ]
Attempted update of Hino Profia from years ago. One could call it my first mod.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”