No need
19%
Maybe (comment)
No votes

Total votes: 31

Janusz666

Scandinavia DLC need update: Sápmi/Lapland

#1 Post by Janusz666 » 14 Mar 2017 09:27

Hello, Scandinavia DLC on steam need update, need in Scandinavia DLC Lapland. Maybe no all Lapland but part in Scandinavia.

"The climate is subarctic and vegetation is sparse, except in the densely forested southern portion. The mountainous west coast has significantly milder winters and more precipitation than the large areas east of the mountain chain. North of the Arctic Circle polar night characterize the winter season and midnight sun the summer season—both phenomena are longer the further north you go. Traditionally, the Sami divide the year in eight seasons instead of four."

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
SiSL
SCS Software

Re: Scandinavia DLC need update: Sápmi/Lapland

#2 Post by SiSL » 14 Mar 2017 10:56

Well, climate would require many new assets, that might be reason why they want to keep "most populated" areas than barren lands :D
Trident R.S.

#3 Post by Trident R.S. » 15 Mar 2017 12:01

I was a bit surprised, when dlc north was relased, that Trondheim (home base of some iconic norwegian company) was not in the map.
Maybe in the future?
Magnum-driver

#4 Post by Magnum-driver » 22 Mar 2017 17:05

I voted "no need" because thread starter and others people around here needs to be realistic. Let me spell it out: r-e-a-l-i-s-t-i-c.
If SCS could include Northern Scandinavia in the DLC, they would have done so, just like with every other parts of the Europe that yet isn't included. SCS is a company, not a charity organisation. They needs to earn money to pay their employers and other costs of running the company, and they have to prioritise what to use their resources on. I assure you, if SCS's resources was unlimited, they would have been able to do make and develop everything needed and wanted for this game, even expanding the map to cover the whole Europe.
This is not a signature.
MandelSoft
Beta tester

#5 Post by MandelSoft » 23 Mar 2017 08:34

... and this is why map mods exist: to fill that niche in the market, eventually. ;) ProMods already contains a part of Lapland and the covered area is still growing in that region.
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.
Janusz666

#6 Post by Janusz666 » 15 May 2017 18:56

MandelSoft wrote:... and this is why map mods exist: to fill that niche in the market, eventually. ;) ProMods already contains a part of Lapland and the covered area is still growing in that region.
I don't like as mod.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”