89%
No
11%

Total votes: 9

Cerberus

more traffic rules penality

#1 Post by Cerberus » 14 Mar 2017 07:03

Hello,
I think it might be interesting to give penalties in money and in "experience", When You violate the traffic laws
This force to not disregard traffic rules, to Those Who have a good income (multi garages and drivers), and it could be considered fair, because breaking road rules can be considered pilot's inexperience as trucks' damage.
:D
Takahashi

Re: more traffic rules penality

#2 Post by Takahashi » 16 Mar 2017 23:26

Hello :) I will join in the discussion of your idea.

I have a question though. Are you not already fined when you violate traffic laws? There is an option to enable/disable that function in Gameplay settings. Also, punishing players by taking experience points would probably be effective, but most would probably just disable it, due to how inconvenient that would really become. If I accidentally run a stop light while doing a job, should I lose the experience that I would have gained by doing the job in the first place?

In the real world, if one were to violate the law, he would be fined by the police, but he wouldn't lose any of his 20+ years of driving experience. I think that XP is a reflection of that driving experience/skill in the real world.

If anything, maybe an exponential increase in fine amount according to level would be a good idea. I don't know if that exists already or not, though.
ah, is it morning already?
[ external image ][ external image ]
Attempted update of Hino Profia from years ago. One could call it my first mod.
Cerberus

#3 Post by Cerberus » 17 Mar 2017 04:52

Hi Takahashi,
thank you for the reply! :D

That a system penalizes the driver actually exists in many states
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_system_(driving)
Axel Slingerland

#4 Post by Axel Slingerland » 17 Mar 2017 05:17

I agree with that. (In my opinion...) The only effective way to do what you're asking would be to put points on driver licenses for offenses. But in the game there's a wee little problem with that idea... There are no driver licenses to put the points on. So your idea can't be implemented in that way. Unless SCS adds driver licenses to the game.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Cerberus

#5 Post by Cerberus » 17 Mar 2017 06:19

create a license system is perhaps too much work, I didn't ask exactly this (would be great addition! :o :lol: ), I think that would be enough remove a bit 'of experience (such as trailer's damage)
Axel Slingerland

#6 Post by Axel Slingerland » 17 Mar 2017 09:15

It doesn't work that way IRL, so why would you want that in the game? Courts can't take away your experience. And trailer damage is not experience, and Courts don't do that either.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Cerberus

#7 Post by Cerberus » 17 Mar 2017 10:08

so why would you want that in the game?
Hi Axel,
certainly, but what I mean is that the accumulated experience during a job, being the penalties (lights, traffic lights, directions of travel, speed limits) the result of inattention / inexperience, may also fit well at this concept, we receive money and 'experience' that increases the level and skills.

Certainly NOT essential, you can drive well and according to the law as is, but if you have high fixed-income from your drivers, 'may' ignore for example € 550 penalty for over speeding.
I "think" it's a good compromise, that does not mean it is correct and easy to implement, the best thing would be the driving license as you wrote above.

cheers!
Takahashi

#8 Post by Takahashi » 17 Mar 2017 16:55

Cerberus wrote:Hi Takahashi,
thank you for the reply! :D

That a system penalizes the driver actually exists in many states
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_system_(driving)
In fact, that is what I was referring to. In my first post, I was wondering whether the exponential fine increase existed in the game, not whether it existed in the real world. But yeah, drivers' licenses would be cool for that purpose :mrgreen:
ah, is it morning already?
[ external image ][ external image ]
Attempted update of Hino Profia from years ago. One could call it my first mod.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”