Sort the transmissions out!

VOLVO_FH16_V4

Sort the transmissions out!

#1 Post by VOLVO_FH16_V4 » 23 Mar 2017 20:03

Right, SCS it's only Volvo that has Dual Clutch Transmission (on trucks)
So why has every single lorry got dual clutch transmission?
Volvo only has it in real life so it should only be Volvo that has it in Virtual!

I'm starting to feel like SCS aren't doing as much research as they used to do :(
This is making me feel like the game is no longer realistic anymore! :(

I've also started to feel that Scania is having more attention than any other truck come on it wont be long before the S-series is out!
I've been following on the facebook page and you seem to have done alot with the new scania!

The Renault T-Range has been out for years now! where is that!?

I'm sorry for this but it's the way it is! someone needs to tell SCS how it is!

Me and my friends were on teamspeak today having a chat about this and all 7 of us thought it's been made very badly.

**Suggestion**
Remove all other trucks from Dual Clutch Transmission and only have Volvo on there as it is only volvo that has it!
Also show's how much research has been carried out that Volvo only supports Dual Clutch on FH models which varies from 420 to 540. SCS have done this for all horse power which is highly unrealisic..
Mohegan13
Global moderator

Re: Sort the transmissions out!

#2 Post by Mohegan13 » 23 Mar 2017 20:13

I've also started to feel that Scania is having more attention than any other truck

Scania say 'YES' when SCS ask for licenses. That's why. If other truck brands were as easy going as Scania appear to be, then we'd probably have all the Euro 6 generation trucks by now.

The Renault T-Range has been out for years now! where is that!?

Still waiting on Renault/Volvo to say yes to the license last we heard. Not SCS's fault that Renault/Volvo are delaying it.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
VOLVO_FH16_V4

#3 Post by VOLVO_FH16_V4 » 23 Mar 2017 20:24

I feel like they are giving attention to scania over every other ones.
SCS get paid probably millions from DLC and games.
So why dont they pay truck manufactures for licenses.
I feel like Scania is the only one that stands out all the other lorries look VERY outdated which isn't right at all!
Scania has had a "Tuning DLC" so why hasn't every truck got that and it's only Scania that has it!?

I think they focus on Scania so much is because the majority prefer Scania, So they obviously prioritize Scania with everything to keep that majority happy.

I think they aren't really fussed by having licenses off the less common makes Iveco, Man, Renault, Volvo.

If it's a case of licenses why is it only Scania that say "Yes" out of Man, Volvo, Iveco, Renault, Mercedes?

it is really a question that needs answering.

I've paid for this game and I'm not getting what I'm expecting.
It's gone so unrealistic that I currently run 20 mods and it's still not very realistic!

Come on SCS you can do better than this!
xXCARL1992Xx

#4 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 23 Mar 2017 20:49

i see you dont have an idea how licensing works

its not like you go with a case full with money to Volvo, MAN, Renault, Iveco, DAF or Mercedes ant they give you the license

SCS has to show them what they have done, is the quality right maybe SCS gets the license but if one of the top bras say "no" than it means no and SCS cant do anything about it within legal rights

and only because Volvo are the only ones that have dual-clutch in there trucks doesn't mean the others cant have it

ZF is a manufacture of gearboxes and they are the first ones wo build a dual-clutch gearbox for trucks and the gearboxes in ETS2 are from ZF so in reallife you culd build in a dual-clutch in an Ieco or DAF or even MAN, Scania and Renault
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
VOLVO_FH16_V4

#5 Post by VOLVO_FH16_V4 » 23 Mar 2017 21:07

I'm a mechanic for Volvo Trucks and I can tell you now that Volvo is the only one with Dual Clutch Transmission.
I was talking to a person in stores about Dual Clutch because I had to replace a shaft in the gearbox that snapped in half. he said to me that Volvo is the only one that has Dual Clutch Transmission.

I've been a mechanic for 4 years now and been in collage for 3 years before that so I have 7 years of knowledge.
xXCARL1992Xx

#6 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 23 Mar 2017 22:02

and i never said that the other Truck Manufactures produce dual-clutch gearboxes

ZF is a third party that produces Transmission systems and they have build the world first dual-clutch transmission for trucks

volvo was only the first one to build it into a truck

http://www.zf.com/corporate/en_de/produ ... axon.shtml

and this system you can buy it and build it in every truck you want

so the same you du in ETS2 because it is a ZF gearbox with clutch and not a gearbox from the truck manufacture
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
VOLVO_FH16_V4

#7 Post by VOLVO_FH16_V4 » 23 Mar 2017 22:35

We are not speaking about aftermarket truck transmission.

Also I know for a fact that if people start would start putting aftermarket transmission on their lorries that their warranty would be void.

So obviously not alot of people do it.

I've been a truck mechanic for 4 years I work Monday to Friday 7AM - 5:00PM and I can tell you now that I've never ever seen a aftermarket gearbox on a truck that's come in here. and I do all sort of work rebuilding transmissions and engines. servicing them. I do all sorts.
Last edited by Axel Slingerland on 24 Mar 2017 03:36, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please read the rules regarding quoting. Thank you.
CXN2615

#8 Post by CXN2615 » 24 Mar 2017 01:29

"game is no longer realistic anymore"
Really?
Back to pre 1.20, there were only two 12-speed gearboxes for every truck. Was that realistic?

And the fact is, there is NO dual-clutch transmission simulated in this game.
Only a proper Manual gear, or a chucky traditional Automatic Gearbox are "simulated"
The DCT feels nothing more than an AT in game, it even can't shift faster.
Wolfi
Beta tester

#9 Post by Wolfi » 24 Mar 2017 07:35

VOLVO_FH16_V4 wrote:Also I know for a fact that if people start would start putting aftermarket transmission on their lorries that their warranty would be void. So obviously not alot of people do it.
Gotta check your facts then. Many if not all truck manufacturers nowadays allow you to install a third party equipment on your truck when you are ordering it, the costs of such operation are of course higher, but it is possible, warranty (usually) still applies. Of course, most still prefer to put their own stuff in (and that's most of the time the cheaper option), but a Volvo FMX 8x8 wouldn't do too well with an I-Shift inside.

VOLVO_FH16_V4 wrote:I've been a truck mechanic *snip* I can tell you now that I've never ever seen a aftermarket gearbox on a truck that's come in here. and I do all sort of work rebuilding transmissions and engines. servicing them. I do all sorts.
And this automatically means that no trucks (other than Volvo) use them? Strange, because back in Poland around the place where I lived there's a company that operates multiple truck brands (Renaults, Dafs, Scanias and Volvos), all fitted with a dual-clutch gearbox. I guess it depends on the region you live in and the "needs" of the trucking companies around you.
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
xXCARL1992Xx

#10 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 24 Mar 2017 10:39

VOLVO_FH16_V4 wrote:We are not speaking about aftermarket truck transmission.
but that is what you do in ETS2 if you build the ZF gearbox in your truck it is an aftermarket part and not original from Volvo
[ external image ]

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”