Multi Media System / Boardcomputer / New GPS Layout

ajk68

Multi Media System / Boardcomputer / New GPS Layout

#1 Post by ajk68 » 26 Mar 2017 21:26

A big topic and if you are interested, please read the complete topic...and comment below

[ external image ]

The navigation from ETS2 is pretty symbolic and a bit boring sometimes, you pick a cargo and follow...

In my opinion it's time to handle it a bit different! The sat nav shouldn't stay a sat nav, it should be an operable display for media (for example ingame radio with radiotext), weather reports maybe traffic reports (TMC) linked to traffic density and construction sides and of course the navigation. A lot of game handle it with a seperate zoomed camera over the display.

GPS should contain a bit more complexibiliy, for example where you need to select your destination like a menu ("Country">"City">"Company") e.g. Germany>Rostock>TradeAux
With presettings: avoid Highways or toll roads (or narrow roads if you transporting oversize)
Already safed in adresses, called POI (Point of Interest), fueling stations, rest stops, service, hotels, job centers, truck dealer, harbours, ...
Voice instructions as optional!
Settings where you can easily change the layout of your menu, your language, where you can enable/disable features like voice instructions or speed limits on the screen.

A bit of inspiration! Leave more comments below, feedback me your opinion!

→ The gps system also contains small bugs, I know it's not drastic but sometimes, your sat nav says you need to leave motorway to finally enter the same motorway a few "meters" later, sometimes also on fueling stations!

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”