Separate engine and electronic start and lights

lachim

Separate engine and electronic start and lights

#1 Post by lachim » 11 Apr 2017 17:20

What about add a separate option settings ETS2 electronics and engine start (each on a different button) and a separate low beam and sidelights ???
HerpyDerpy22

Re: Separate engine and electronic start and lights

#2 Post by HerpyDerpy22 » 29 Apr 2017 10:46

There is an option in the gameplay settings to turn the the electrics and engine on independently. However there's nothing for sidelights and headlights
xXCARL1992Xx

#3 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 29 Apr 2017 11:29

electronics can be set to start without the engine

sidelight are always on when you activate the DLR (if you mean the sidelights an the trailer)
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
natvander
SCS Software

#4 Post by natvander » 29 Apr 2017 13:21

HerpyDerpy22 wrote:There is an option in the gameplay settings to turn the the electrics and engine on independently. However there's nothing for sidelights and headlights
Can't say I've found that function, but I don't believe it would be realistic to activate the electrics separate from the engine as the electrics on key ignition trucks (are there any non-key ignition trucks yet?) are turned on as you start the truck. Most engines require the electrics to be activated for the engine to start.

It would be handy if there was a reverse function for the switches that have multiple stages - such as ignition, lights and wipers. As an example, hit 'E" once for accessories (electrics), 'E' again to start the truck (as is current), then 'SHIFT E' to go back to accessories etc. Or 'L' to turn the parker lights on, then 'SHIFT L' to turn them off.

I can understand why the option isn't there, but it would be cool for those with hardware than can support such functions.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
HerpyDerpy22

#5 Post by HerpyDerpy22 » 29 Apr 2017 13:45

The setting is in the gameplay tab and is called "automatic engine and electricity start". Press E once to turn on the electrics, and press it again to start the engine. Also, I wouldn't bet on any non-key ignition trucks in existence (unless they're custom built by a third party). I too wish there were keyboard shortcuts for turning lights on and off separately, as well as having key combinations (such as alt+P to turn off wipers of they are in the slow setting). If key combos were possible I would definitely try to use all controls available (or at least all the ones I deem useful). By the way, it is possible to turn all lights on/off separately through the F4 menu, but I don't like to use it as it breaks immersion and the flow of the game.
natvander
SCS Software

#6 Post by natvander » 30 Apr 2017 05:14

I know the auto engine/electrics option, but that doesn't turn the engine and electrics on separately.

Further to the original post, the side lights are always on when you turn the parker lights and headlights on - there is no separate switch for them IRL.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Lombra

#7 Post by Lombra » 07 May 2017 10:09

natvander wrote:Can't say I've found that function, but I don't believe it would be realistic to activate the electrics separate from the engine as the electrics on key ignition trucks (are there any non-key ignition trucks yet?) are turned on as you start the truck. Most engines require the electrics to be activated for the engine to start.

It would be handy if there was a reverse function for the switches that have multiple stages - such as ignition, lights and wipers. As an example, hit 'E" once for accessories (electrics), 'E' again to start the truck (as is current), then 'SHIFT E' to go back to accessories etc. Or 'L' to turn the parker lights on, then 'SHIFT L' to turn them off.
Well, as long as push buttons are our only means of input realism gets thrown out the window either way, I think. Electronics should still be required to be turned on before starting the engine, of course. Along with hold-to-activate functionality (like we have for range splitting) for electronics I could map electronics to a flip switch and have ignition on a separate button!

Reverse cycling is something I would also love. Many of the inputs on my button box are sadly unusable due to the lack of input support.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”