AT gear selection logic at cruising.

AT gear selection logic at cruising

It need to be change.
67%
It need to be change and I have a better way.
No votes
Just keep it as it is now.
33%

Total votes: 6

CXN2615

AT gear selection logic at cruising.

#1 Post by CXN2615 » 29 Apr 2017 17:46

The high speed cruising behaviour of automatic gearbox now it not so optimum IMO.
In many cases, with or without "Adaptive automatic", I have to Hint it up one gear, because it doesn't hit the upper limit around 1500RPM, it could stay a higher gear for cruising at like 1100RPM. If I lose speed when climbing , it shfits down, that's OK, but then I have to Hint it up again once regain speed. If I forget that, the fuel consumption will be much worse.

MAX have said it's a problem too in real trucks (viewtopic.php?f=41&t=57191&start=10#p96692). But since we have so many mods for engines,transmissions, and wheels, It's really hard to solve it by adjust these mod's data like power range, ratio etc one by one.
I think a little tweak for gear selection logic would be a better solution.

Since there are data of the gear ratio and wheel diameter, the automatic system should be able to determing when it shifts up, would the RPM still above the lower eco range. It should shift up at this point, rather than wating for the upper limit of current gear, if these condition were meet:
1.speed is greater than 50KPH
2.a) in Cruising Control mode and E-accelerator is less than 90% or
b) not in cruising control mode and gas pedal is less than 70% (those numbers may need futher adjust)
Soilingcomic

Re: AT gear selection logic at cruising.

#2 Post by Soilingcomic » 30 Apr 2017 16:52

I agree. There are different settings for the AT in the options where "Economy" should yield the lowest rpm possible while cruising. Within the green band that is.
The other modes should have different profiles for different uses. Ideally this mode switch should be available while driving and not hidden in the options.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”