No
18%
I don't know
No votes

Total votes: 17

Batslav

High beam and additional light suggestion

#1 Post by Batslav » 03 May 2017 17:51

I have idea for small change about how high beam lights and additional lights work.
Make the high beam switch at 2 stages, 1st stage that turns on truck default lights to high beam, 2nd stage that turns on additional lights on roof and front bar, click again and lights go back to low beam. If this is done the additional lights can be connected by default, this way we won't need to use the F4 menu to turn them on or off all the time which requiers game pausing or truck to be stopped if in multiplayer which can be annoying. We will have easy control over them with the same button we are using now. Why do it? Because i sometimes want to use truck lights but without the additional lights but at the same time to able to turn them on at any time on the move.
Last edited by Batslav on 04 May 2017 09:17, edited 1 time in total.
Axel Slingerland

Re: High beam and additional light suggestion

#2 Post by Axel Slingerland » 03 May 2017 19:38

If you could review the Feature Wishlists and Suggestions Guidelines for ETS2 and make individual threads for each individual idea you have, with polls to determine interest, or the lack of it, so SCS can see what people think about them, we would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
FlyingPigeon

#3 Post by FlyingPigeon » 06 May 2017 10:49

Batslav wrote:I have idea for small change about how high beam lights and additional lights work.
Make the high beam switch at 2 stages, 1st stage that turns on truck default lights to high beam, 2nd stage that turns on additional lights on roof and front bar, click again and lights go back to low beam. If this is done the additional lights can be connected by default, this way we won't need to use the F4 menu to turn them on or off all the time which requiers game pausing or truck to be stopped if in multiplayer which can be annoying. We will have easy control over them with the same button we are using now. Why do it? Because i sometimes want to use truck lights but without the additional lights but at the same time to able to turn them on at any time on the move.
why would u switch them on/off all the time? normally you have them on so when u use the highbeams anyway the xtra light turn on too and turn off again when use switch from highbeam to low beam.
Scandinavian truckdriver.
henonor

#4 Post by henonor » 24 May 2017 15:52

I would want this, because IRL I never kept the roof rack on all the time. It's just too much light and reaches too far, so you would end up driving only with your low beams most of the time, except for night shifts on deserted roads (I did a lot of those). But even then, when meeting a car, I would first turn off the roof rack, so as to keep the high beams on for another 5-10 seconds before switching to low beams. Then I'd toggle the roof rack back on (it doesn't activate fully until the high beams are on), and then the entire rack with high beams go on immediately after the car has passed so as to light up the world again. Remember that trucks have long braking distances, so always keeping optimal lighting really is important. The roof rack is not just pimping, it's safety.

So, the ability to regulate high beams, roof rack and front racks separately was essential to night time driving IRL. I wish it was possible also in the game.

However, the sequence is opposite from the suggestion. It's 1. All lights 2. Just regular high beams before going back to low beams. But I think it's best to have a separate button to toggle the additional lights (combined, can still be separated with F4). High beam / low beam still turns everything off.
Last edited by Centrino2 on 25 May 2017 01:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Read Forum Rules
FlyingPigeon

#5 Post by FlyingPigeon » 30 May 2017 13:07

that sounds like double work to me, normal highbeams will blind oncoming traffic also, i know the extra light is nice, but my experience in trucks IRL is normal long beam do just fine, you would not go faster than you can control for the road anyway.
henonor

#6 Post by henonor » 31 May 2017 11:19

I guess you haven't tried Northern Norway in the winter? It's mostly not a big issue in the game, but I'd like to be able to toggle the extra high beams off for highway driving and on again for mountain passes and dark, windy side roads... Double work? -Just keep'em on if you want to...
Last edited by Centrino2 on 31 May 2017 15:49, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Read Forum Rules
FlyingPigeon

#7 Post by FlyingPigeon » 25 Jun 2017 19:59

why should the game take into account for something that do not exist in game anyway?
natvander
SCS Software

#8 Post by natvander » 25 Jun 2017 22:43

I'd much prefer to see auxiliary lights changed from their current set-up to having their own switch, but remain active only with high beam. In many countries auxiliary lights must be wired in to the high beam so they are automatically activated/deactivated with high beam.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”