ETS2 Multiplayer

Would you like SCS to make a multiplayer option integrated into ETS?

Yes!
74%
Maybe - (Comment why you think maybe)
7%
No!
19%

Total votes: 153

VOLVO_FH16_V4

ETS2 Multiplayer

#1 Post by VOLVO_FH16_V4 » 29 May 2017 14:17

This idea is based on TruckersMP but better.

Friend to Friend servers with AI Enabled with mods allowed but you all will need the same mods to play.
or
Public servers with AI Disabled and everything will be a non collision zone with no mods allowed.
If you can all drive through each other there wont be any of the nonsense that you get with TruckersMP.

So my idea is for SCS to make Multiplayer integrated into the game.
Before selecting profiles you will be asked "Single Player" Or "Multiplayer"

You and your friends will have to have the same Mods.
(To stop game bugs, Crashes)

I think this idea will be better than TruckersMP because simply TruckersMP is full of trolls!

The reason I am suggesting this is because ETS is getting a bit boring with only singleplayer.
Being able to play with your friends and haul loads together to various places will be really fun!

What's the point doing another multiplayer if there is one already?
Well I can believe SCS, ETS will do a way better job than TruckersMP
Also we wont have any of these pathetic cars that ruins the game.

Thank you for reading.
TwinShadow

Re: ETS2 Multiplayer

#2 Post by TwinShadow » 29 May 2017 16:49

Something like this has already been requested to hell and back. Personally, I don't care if the game remains single player; though I wouldn't mind an option for MP, but I don't find it necessary as it is.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#3 Post by Mohegan13 » 29 May 2017 16:58

VOLVO_FH16_V4 wrote:I think this idea will be better than TruckersMP because simply TruckersMP is full of trolls!
And where do you think said trolls will go if there was an official multiplayer? T-MP is popular because there's no other option. But give these people an official alternative that is always working with the latest game builds and requires no effort on their part... Yeah they all move to the official one.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Axel Slingerland

#4 Post by Axel Slingerland » 29 May 2017 17:45

VOLVO_FH16_V4 wrote:I think this idea will be better than TruckersMP because simply TruckersMP is full of trolls!
A "Troll" is someone who goes to a forum or blog and posts a bunch of useless garbage in a effort to get attention, any kind of attention, good or bad. You're thinking of children who were never taught to play well with others. There's a huge difference.

If SCS were to develop a way for you to set up a game on your own computer and invite your friends to join you, I might use that. But an official version of Trucker's MP would be just what Moh1336 said it would be... Which in my opinion would be an official waste of time.

And if you're bored, you could always find something else to do.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
marcel-dutch

#5 Post by marcel-dutch » 29 May 2017 19:59

Two points:

- Some people goes angry and violate if they discover that a game or simulation not multiplay but single play is. They complete freaked out.
It doesn't matter, but they demands that there is a multiplay in it.

- There is an unoffical MP. Look at that and discover if it is worth the option.
For me is a MP not an option. Because my older computer. It can't handle so mutch traffic. I've tried and it was a complete disaster.
VOLVO_FH16_V4

#6 Post by VOLVO_FH16_V4 » 23 Jun 2017 19:13

I hope SCS in the future will make a Multiplayer option that only you and your friends can play together! I would love this!
Being able to do journeys with my friends with AI turned on would be so good.

I'd love it if SCS did a multiplayer option where you can play with 3 steam friends with AI turned on.
It would be so cool even though there is a multiplayer system called "TruckersMP" I find that mod very crap.
michelloni

#7 Post by michelloni » 30 Sep 2017 17:03

I dont know why SCS didnt make multiplayer option in the game ? Multiplayer mod has really bad team because most of admins ther are kids without any respect to people and there is no meaning to joing cars with game which suppose to be for trucks ?
SCS will earn a lot of money if they making multiplayer DLC and there are many benfit ideas they can applicate it with MP DLC .
PLEASE STOP MP MOD and make your own MP like a real game with online playing .
Thank you
Axel Slingerland

#8 Post by Axel Slingerland » 30 Sep 2017 20:36

Personally, I would probably like it if there was an official SCS PC to PC type of MP option. But if the number of votes in this thread's Poll are any indication as to the amount of interest in official MP, both for and against combined there have only been 13 votes since May, it's no wonder SCS never says anything about doing it. If there were 1,000's of positive responses it might have convinced them. But only 7 out of 13 votes for an idea that is supposedly so popular? I have serious doubts that this idea will ever materialize. This is why I have always said that the vast majority of people on this forum have almost no interest in MP. At least in the Trucker's MP way...
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Wolfi
Beta tester

#9 Post by Wolfi » 01 Oct 2017 07:41

michelloni wrote: 30 Sep 2017 17:03 I dont know why SCS didnt make multiplayer option in the game ?
Because it's a trucking similator, which is meant to resemble real life (more or less). And in real life 9/10 cases, you drive completely alone. So singleplayer-only makes sense.
For me realistic enough mp experience would be if SCS implemented some kind of a CB radio system - which allows you to talk to other players which are close to you on the map. (during WoT jobs)

But yeah I wouldn't mind a private server-up to 8 players (per-invite-only) co-op.
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
Andre_AW
Beta tester

#10 Post by Andre_AW » 02 Oct 2017 15:23

this wolfi idea is wonderful of a private mp with 8 people at maximum, but also would like to see a worldwide mp that we virtual company owners can organize trains to have their virtual company, if I remember well Pavel Sebor once made a comment that would be possible in the future next a mp and that word of trucks is the way to that.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”