option disable mirrors

the_trucker5

option disable mirrors

#1 Post by the_trucker5 » 09 Aug 2013 07:27

hello, for many people who have a low end pc, such as mine, one AcerAspire 5736Z with intel pentium T4500 and GMA 4500M graphics, a PC with integrated graphics, the interior of all trucks goes wrong, if for example, I I have climbed 75% lower shadows and textures high, 12 fps camera will 2,3,4,5,6,7 inside camera camera 1 is 4-5 fps, it's the same in 2,3,4. .. if activated F2 mirrors, gives what sum this reduces fps inside are the mirrors because the graph has to work twice, I think it should be like in the ETS1, the option to disable mirrors, all users who are poor and have low end pc that we would come phenomenal, taking this opportunity, a warm greeting from Spain The_trucker5
Wolfi
Beta tester

Re: option disable mirrors

#2 Post by Wolfi » 09 Aug 2013 08:13

The mirrors turne by F2 key can be turned off entirely now. So I don't get your point here mate. If you want to remove the side mirrors' models than what is the point of using cab view?
And also you have an option to lower setings of images in mirrors so that they lag less.
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
the_trucker5

#3 Post by the_trucker5 » 09 Aug 2013 10:33

to what I am referring to is that there is an option to disable the mirrors of the interior the trucks in ETS2 the mirrors of the cam nº 1, just as there is in euro truck simulator 1
thebigbadonion

#4 Post by thebigbadonion » 09 Aug 2013 13:52

No their's no option. Honestly to play a game like this, you need some form of graphics card, very few modern games work well, if at all on intergrated graphics. I only have a Geforce GT430 1GB (cost me about £40 when my GTX260 died) It's a very basic nvidia graphics card, but on medium settings in 1920X1080, with scaling set to 75% the game is more than playable. If your computer is a desktop, you should look in to getting something. You don't need to spend £200 to see a huge difference. Something like this will do the job, and installing it, is a simple case of plugging it in, and tightening a screw, and you shouldn't need need to change your power supply either.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nvidia-GeForce- ... orce+GT630
labrat1268

#5 Post by labrat1268 » 09 Aug 2013 14:59

Just for comparason, I'm running an old Nvidea 460GT (relativly cheap in the used market) and I have everything on full with 100% scaling. Smooth as a babys .... The other factor that will affect game play is make sure you have enough memory. Memory is relativly cheap also. If you are running Win 7, I would recomend at least 4gb as windows will use 1-2gb depending on apps in the background and a bit for float.
the_trucker5

#6 Post by the_trucker5 » 09 Aug 2013 16:18

but I can not put a graphics card to a laptop PC, and it is a intel pentium T4500 at 2.3 GHz, y tengo 4 gb de memoria, and Spain are in crisis and are not good times to buy a good pc to play, :lol: plus this option would be very useful , since I'm not the only person in the millions playing ETS2 having a lousy pc ....
thebigbadonion

#7 Post by thebigbadonion » 09 Aug 2013 16:58

Ah I didn't realise it was a laptop, yeah a graphics card isn't going to help. Honestly, at 12 fps max I'd be banging my head against the keyboard. The thing is, theirs only so much SCS can do to cater to lower end computers, before it starts affecting the game. The problem really is you're using a computer that was just never meant for games. My computer doesn't exactly breeze through it, a new one is something I could do with, but like you that's out of the question right now. I guess disabling mirrors would be a good start though. If I was you, considering how unplayable it is, I would try ETS1, and 18 Wheels Of Steel: ALH. They may not be as good as ETS 2, but I think considering how you're struggling to play ETS2, they'll be a much better experience, since they're older and much less demanding.
Max
SCS Software

#8 Post by Max » 09 Aug 2013 20:06

there is config variable "r_mirror_view_distance".
its the same variable that is controlled by mirror distance option droplist. if you set to one meter or so, only few objects will be rendered in mirrors. this may help you a lot.
note that any selection from that droplist in options will overwrite manualy set value.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Nines

#9 Post by Nines » 30 Nov 2014 13:47

This doesn't helped a bit, at least to me. I have a VERY old PC, but on medium settings (pre-made medium settings), I have 40 fps outside the cities. When I switch to cockpit, it hit my fps meter like a train wreck, reducing its number to 15-20, which isn't very playable anymore. On low settings, I have 60+ FPS, but when I switched to cockpit I have only 20-25 fps.

I'm not saying that developers should do anything about, since majority of players probably don't have such problems, but it seems like the cockpit view is too much heavy on CPU. Disabling mirrors is the first thing that came to my mind, but the game doesn't have such option. Even if I set mirror_view_distance to 1 it's still a pretty large distance with many vehicles. I don't know what else in cockpit can hit fps like that.
ohaha

#10 Post by ohaha » 30 Nov 2014 14:17

If you can accept playing during daytime only, you can try r_deferred 0. This will disable all deferred graphic effects (shadows, light shedding etc.) and will make a massive improvement on performance, because it practically leaves only the GPU to work on rendering.
But, be aware, this option removes all of the eye candy...

PS> If you play fullscreen, setting the brightness to max might enable you to drive during nights, too.
Retired, but still loving it.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”