Yes
89%
No
11%

Total votes: 444

ohaha

Re: Double Trailers In ETS2

#191 Post by ohaha » 10 Mar 2014 08:26

TBH, a tandem trailer with articulated front axle is something I see myself using, too. These are present in Europe and seems normal to have them.
Though, I'm afraid it's too late for ETS2. Looking forward to ETS3! :)

BTW, nice assembly, Peerke145!
Retired, but still loving it.
marbus90

#192 Post by marbus90 » 10 Mar 2014 08:59

ohaha wrote:TBH, a tandem trailer with articulated front axle is something I see myself using, too.
Then it isn't a Tandem anymore. A Tandem Trailer is a trailer with two axles in the middle of the trailer and a fixed drawbar from the axle to the hitch on the truck.

A Tridem is the same, but with 3 instead of 2 axles on the trailer.

A semiltrailer is a trailer, where a big amount of weight is distributed on the kingpin and the axles are set back compared to tandem/tridem trailers. In Peerke's picture a semitrailer with converter dolly is used.
ohaha

#193 Post by ohaha » 10 Mar 2014 09:24

Thanks.
The "dog trailer", as someone called it, above, then :)
Retired, but still loving it.
rocknrollDaVE
Beta tester

#194 Post by rocknrollDaVE » 10 Mar 2014 11:15

if anyone remembers Extreme Trucker 2 and still has the game. you can mod the amount and set up of the trailer on the road trains. I made a map edit to put an extremely long piece of road at the start and got like about 60 trailers on one cab before it refused to move XD

I cut the number back to around 40 or 35 trailers, putting an office trailer on the end like a caboose and drove it around
I'm on a mission to ensure the city of Pittsburgh is accurately represented in ATS.
◇ Link to World of Trucks profile below ◇

[ external image ]
Snorken

#195 Post by Snorken » 08 Jun 2014 20:25

Can I download this mod? And where if I can do it?
derricklaw

#196 Post by derricklaw » 11 Jun 2014 06:00

In support to the Australian B Double trailers, I too would like to see this.
Jorgen87

#197 Post by Jorgen87 » 11 Jun 2014 19:19

Double trailers, more load = more xp and money? =D

due of the size of the trailers its also more to think about having it connected. Ive seen several players that cant handle a full scale trailer..soothat should be after a while driving. like more costfull load and driverexperience.
derricklaw

#198 Post by derricklaw » 14 Jun 2014 03:11

Hi everyone, this double trailers thing is getting rather a big subject. Australian road trains of various lengths would only work here because of the long straight outback roads. However the B Doubles are everywhere in all the cities as well as the country. One of the contributors had it right when they said these are not legal in the U.K. However while I was there a little while ago, I saw some marvellous low loader trailers with triple rear steering wheels for getting around tight corners of which there are plenty in the U.K. I watched one go into a small lane off a smallish town road near Warminster, and was just gobsmacked at how delicate and precise the driver was able to maneouvre the trailer into the lane which was only just wide enough for the truck anyway.
It would be nice at least, if these kind of differing trailers - B Double, and rear steering - were available perhaps as DLC's. I have also thought the idea of having free standing trailers that you could buy and use at your discretion would be great. So couple these ideas together, and we could be onto a winner.
Attachments
This is your average B Double in Australia
This is your average B Double in Australia
th6G8HHQ99.jpg (10.97 KiB) Viewed 2201 times
Aquatica

#199 Post by Aquatica » 24 Oct 2014 18:50

The Drawbar-version is, as far as I know, the second-most used in Finland. And this counts foreign trucks (Denmark, Netherlands, Germany...) I've seen.
The most common seems to be Semitrailer today - however, as has been stated before: Semis are pretty boring... Tandem's help it a little bit, but not much. Besides the way they work (or don't) is annoying.
So, please SCS. Pimp our trucks! Make a DLC, heck. I'd pay 20eur for the ABILITY to have a MOD to get an actual Drawbar-trailer (Dog trailer in US, apparently?) just to get some increased challenge.

Little known fact to others except truckers...
You can reverse Drawbar-trailer in such a tight spot you cannot get it pulled out with regular tractor... At worst you need a special puller to get the trailer out

There are tens of thousands (my assumption) of these trucks in European roads, so it IS really concerning issue.
Also the reason for these in real world is, afaik, versatility. You got loads of stuff to move about? Take the trailer with you. Only half load? Ditch the trailer and go just with the truck itself to save fuel costs etc.

Image of one of those with about 1s google searching used. I so would love to drive one of these, even reverse it in a tight spot of Trameri! ;)

[ external image ]

Image found with Google's imagesearch (täysperävaunurekka), image is linked from A Tiikkainen OY's site.
NeonChargeGaming

#200 Post by NeonChargeGaming » 25 Oct 2014 09:37

@Aquatica

Wow I created this thread ages ago, good to see its still being seen
I just looked on the blog post and even then, they said it could possibly be seen in 'American Truck Simulator 1' and/or 'Euro Truck Simulator 3'

I think we are going to have to wait a while for this buddy

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”