Yes
89%
No
11%

Total votes: 444

TwinShadow

Re: Double Trailers In ETS2

#231 Post by TwinShadow » 11 Aug 2015 01:48

CrazyGijs wrote:They would have done it if it was possible... The game engine just can't handle it right now.
I may be mistaken, but I do recall somewhere on the forums that Max said something along the lines that the engine is fine with it, but the coding of the game itself just simply doesn't allow for another pivot point, or two, or three... or unlimited. *hint*

Though I think for mainland Europe, due to some strict length limits, doubles are just not feasible. Been hearing of some testing on certain roads, but when you think about it, those are typically specific routes. Where in the US, we typically don't have those type of restrictions on the road.
LIDLE

#232 Post by LIDLE » 27 Dec 2016 00:40

When can we download thede Double trailers ?

it wold be great to have them in game 100%
TwinShadow

#233 Post by TwinShadow » 28 Dec 2016 07:52

You can download some "double" trailers, but all they would be is just one giant long trailer. Doesn't pivot at the second point.

You'll be waiting like the rest of us for SCS to implement the coding to support multiple pivot points in not only this game, but ATS as well.
LIDLE

#234 Post by LIDLE » 28 Dec 2016 14:29

Yes i will wait I was just wondering is it in the AIR or did they start the project ?
Last edited by Unco on 28 Dec 2016 15:02, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quote of entire previous post
scaniac

#235 Post by scaniac » 28 Dec 2016 20:32

OK, as a RL truck driver, from expirience, I can tell that semi needs more space when turning than rigid+trailer, because trailer can follow rigid better when turning than semitrailer follows tractor unit, map would NOT have to be rebuild, only thing is that semi is way easier to reverse than rigid+trailer, but with some practice, it can be done too, or iff someone doesn't know how to/doesn't want to reverse rigid+trailer, there is 'skip parking' solution in game. I, as a RL truck driver, can't see any major reason why SCS shouldn't enable 2nd pivot point for rigids+trailers.

Now, I'll try to do some Pros and Cons for implemeting 2nd pivot point
PROS: more realism, no need for map rebuilt, smaller turning radius than semi, advanced coupling feature doesn't need any rework
CONS: neede more skil to reverse, max overall lenght is 18.75 m instead of 16.5 m
my Flickr, feel free to take a look: https://www.flickr.com/photos/142817695 ... 929025334/
my pc:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 3.4 GHZ
GPU: N-vidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti
8 GB ram memory
JESAN

#236 Post by JESAN » 29 Dec 2016 10:50

Another "con" would be to edit gameplay with swap bodies
Roacherul

#237 Post by Roacherul » 29 Dec 2016 12:08

I would totally love it. It was a challenging thing in the 18 WoS:American Long Haul and I loved it ever since.
scaniac

#238 Post by scaniac » 11 Jan 2017 05:36

JESAN wrote:Another "con" would be to edit gameplay with swap bodies
what I meant was SCS should just add another pivot point, not to edit whole truck settings, there are some excelent tandem mods, we just need another pivot point to make whole front axle assembly on trailer rotate around itself when truck turns, and just by adding 2nd pivot point, there are 3 types of truck-trailer combos available: standard BDF, scandinavian BDF, and tractor+double semi (not really realistic in EU, more for US and ATS), and that kind of change should be possible for current game engine without any major changes, just by rewriting a small bit of it, iff not just one line
my Flickr, feel free to take a look: https://www.flickr.com/photos/142817695 ... 929025334/
my pc:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 3.4 GHZ
GPU: N-vidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti
8 GB ram memory
Dukeone

#239 Post by Dukeone » 11 Jan 2017 07:33

I think they dont have any problems to make a second pivot. The problem is that this change the whole gameplay, cause that contains that you have to bye your own trailer and if you have a rigit, it means that you have to load/unload the truck too. That doesn't fit with the current drop off mechanics of the economy system. So they have to rework the whole economy system and also the player bases. They must have more space and and more doors for trailers and trucks. I think that is what scs is afraid of!? I would love to have that in the game cause it's a totally game changer, but how would you compare that with the current dropoff mechanics? Ok in europe it is the common way to make logistics, the companies have all their own trucks and the most of them make, so called "liveloads". But in america it is also common to make many dropoffs, especially the big companies. That this is all possible shows OTR, but compare that with current ETS/ATS will be a big challenge for scs.

So not just one line to change! ;)
marcel-dutch

#240 Post by marcel-dutch » 11 Jan 2017 09:23

Mine opinion is (as earlier written) that SCS also looks at noob drivers.
The fact is that a lot of the drivers CAN drive and capable to drive those kind of trains.
The fact is also that al lot of the divers CAN'T drive and absolutly not capable to drive those kind of trains.
And I think that SCS take into account of those incapable drivers.

For me is the double trailer option a real challenge to take. How sooner, the better it is.
That's the reason I take wide and long loads. I love it.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”