What trucks should be one of the three new scs models?

What truck you think that should be one of the three new scs models?

1 Actros mp4
28%
2 Daf xf euro 6
26%
3 Man euro 6
22%
4 Scania Streamline
10%
5 Renault Range T
14%

Total votes: 145

MatheusCLG

Re: What trucks should be one of the three new scs models?

#11 Post by MatheusCLG » 20 Nov 2013 00:28

ohaha wrote:I would love to have the new Actros...
It's the best looking truck of all (hard to choose between it and the new Volvo).
One curiosity I have, though...
Why are there a SCANIA and MAN available for vote? They look exactly the same like the previous version...
Releasing new models would mean just Copy/Paste, from old models... or, maybe they started adding the new Normal Mapping technique to the old models, to improve performance...
Well i putted scania and man to vote since they have changed (a little) but they did and i don´t know the plans of SCS so to be fair i putted all trucks that have changed
about the man to me it has changed enough its lines gave it a really fresh look just the scania that is almost the same thing.
And i agree with you the Actros it´s amazing it would be really good to have it but to choose between a Top Actros 1860 and a volvo FH16 c´mon i spent all day choosing, probably i´d get the Merc
i have one ingame and its really enjoyable even with only 460cv but i like it´s drive position you feel you are higher than everyone at the road, at least with the megaspace cab that has a higher driving position
UNDERSTEER is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
OVERSTEER is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
HORSEPOWER is how fast you hit the fence.
TORQUE is how far you take the fence with you.
Pers Kärpänen

#12 Post by Pers Kärpänen » 20 Nov 2013 06:27

DWVTLtd wrote:Well...

The trucking world really is going absolutely mental with Eu6 coming out!

* Merc: been out a while but still not used to seeing a giant Stormtrooper going along the road
* DAF: subtle but a much-needed update - as long as it stays competitive
* MAN: nice updates + what looks like an even bigger windscreen
* Scania: subtle but the more you look at it the more you notice - obviously a small step in the right direction in terms of aero but I guess nobody can go too far yet - if this came to ETS I'd expect to actually have up to 8% better eco regardless of how you drive
* Renault: BBBLLLLEEERRUUUGGGHHH I just projectile-hurled so violently it punched a hole in solid brick wall - but you can't knock something different & radical & it's actually getting very positive reviews as a vehicle to live with professionally.

As for ETS, erm... I'd like to see the Renault & DAF. Can't think of a 3rd.
My words exactly! Mercedes would be the 3rd one if scs really gets the lisence. I love my MAN like it is, but maybe it's been updated some day...
Believe in three Capitals
DAF - MAN
Wolfi
Beta tester

#13 Post by Wolfi » 20 Nov 2013 06:52

For me the choice was uneasy. First I went for the Daf and MAN as I really like those new versions. Especially the Daf which looks totally differrent and fresh, MAN also looks cool in this more dynamic design.
But the third choice was really hard and although my heart belongs to Scania I chose Renault T. Why? Because it's totally differrent than other trucks - European truck for Optimus Prime :P And Scania? hmm it's not bad really, but even though it has improoved aerodynamics greatly it still looks preety much the same and I would like to see something new ingame.

I know most people would probably want the new Actross MPIV but I guess it's not really probable and definitely it won't help in getting licence. And honestly? It's uglier than any other truck out there. (personal opinion :P)
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
thebigbadonion

#14 Post by thebigbadonion » 20 Nov 2013 09:40

Personally, I would rather SCS improve the game in other more interesting ways. The truck models really don't add anything much to the game, as all the existing trucks are very similar already. The new Volvo, and new Iveco were identical to the old ones in terms of how they drove, it was just something different to look at. I would rather they concentrated on new DLC (I'm not just talking about maps, a lot more than just maps could be done through dlc), and gameplay features. Some ideas posted on here, aimed at improving realism, and gameplay have been great, I'd rather SCS go down that route than more truck models.

If they made all the trucks drive differently, and added real life driver aids that their real life counterparts have, I would be more keen to have them. But as it is, I see very little purpose to them.

Still I have a feeling I'm in the minority with this :lol:
Vesku-K

#15 Post by Vesku-K » 20 Nov 2013 09:56

thebigbadonion wrote:Personally, I would rather SCS improve the game in other more interesting ways. The truck models really don't add anything much to the game, as all the existing trucks are very similar already. The new Volvo, and new Iveco were identical to the old ones in terms of how they drove, it was just something different to look at. I would rather they concentrated on new DLC (I'm not just talking about maps, a lot more than just maps could be done through dlc), and gameplay features. Some ideas posted on here, aimed at improving realism, and gameplay have been great, I'd rather SCS go down that route than more truck models.

If they made all the trucks drive differently, and added real life driver aids that their real life counterparts have, I would be more keen to have them. But as it is, I see very little purpose to them.

Still I have a feeling I'm in the minority with this :lol:

I did not choose any of truck, because I am agree with you, more realistic than the. Well, at this time playing a new Volvo. It's cool.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Also minority :lol:
Take it easy baby, this is Grandpa

My WoT page Vesku_K
https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online ... p?id=22259

Asus P8Z77-V Lx, i5 3570k 3,40Ghz, Ram 16Gb, GeForceGTX 1070oc GDDR5, Pover 700watt, Win7 64bit, TV-monitor 40" 4K,
Ndlizzy

#16 Post by Ndlizzy » 20 Nov 2013 14:33

Freightliner Argosy
Mercedes Benz Actros MP4
ERF
ER101

#17 Post by ER101 » 20 Nov 2013 19:09

Official Actros MP4, but that requier the licence to use the brand or it kind of ruin the whole idea.
Daf xf euro 6 and the new Volvo FM to complete the lineup and make the task a bit easyier to meet the target of three trucks.
A new scania aint needed until they decide to put out whole new model based on the R700 or hybrid of the concept R1000 or whatever, streamliner is just like a small facelift compared to a new model and we are bound to see some modder do it anyway.
But for me more trucks aint a deal maker/breaker when there is more important (performance is one) issues and things to deal with but a standalone mapeditor would be super so one can make maps compatible so we can combine basicmap+DLC GE+Scandianvian by ProMods+Poland Rebuild with TSM map as extention way easyer than today to get the map WE the user want, not what mapmaker think we want by not making map X compatible with map Y.
Compare with Giants that has GE to in an easy way edit maps and other things but Zmod/Blender only replace it in making the trucks, not maps.
ohaha

#18 Post by ohaha » 20 Nov 2013 19:31

ER101 wrote:Official Actros MP4, but that requier the licence to use the brand or it kind of ruin the whole idea.
No, it wouldn't. A mod will be out in 1 day, max.
If I were SCS I would make the badge a completely separate file, added just like a wheel, or a license plate, to allow people to change just a small file to get the real brand and avoid editing the whole truck model. :D
Retired, but still loving it.
thebigbadonion

#19 Post by thebigbadonion » 20 Nov 2013 19:49

lol certain beta testers...not mentioning no names [ external image ] were modding the Volvo before it even came out... so I'm not even sure it will take a day [ external image ] ....also this forum needs an easier way to implement yahoo smilies, because they're a billion times better than any others, always have been [ external image ]
Last edited by thebigbadonion on 20 Nov 2013 19:54, edited 1 time in total.
MdMax

#20 Post by MdMax » 20 Nov 2013 19:53

The new Mercedes, DAF, MAN, Scania, Renault, I want them all !!! :D

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”