Re: Introduce Yourself

#181 Post by ReyhanRamadhan » 09 Dec 2016 14:06

Oh,
Hai

I'm noobies, eat much ciz. End :| :cry:
mira666

#182 Post by mira666 » 11 Dec 2016 13:03

Cameron, known as Mira, 35 y.o. Barista and Photographer, long time player of ETS2. Come from a small village in the Cambridgeshire Fens :)
ETS2 and ATS Vanilla Gamer 2012-Now
Antiscamp

#183 Post by Antiscamp » 11 Dec 2016 22:28

Hello, I am Antiscamp. I've had ETS2 in my Steam library since 2014, I think, but never really played it until a few days ago when I installed it to just give it a go for laughs, pretty much, intending to play for like 20 minutes and try to crash into all the other cars and, you know, GTA. That thought quickly went out the window as I found myself hooked and completely immersed in the game. I've now been playing this game for several days and it's very awesome!

I guess I have trucking in my blood. I come from a long line of truckers. My grandfather's father was active as a trucker during WWII and transported materials for the Swedish Airforce in Northern Finland and also supplied the German troops stationed in Lapland. My father was a trucker and drove all over Scandinavia; Northern Norway and Sweden. My brother is a trucker and works with exactly the stuff this game depicts - on the European continent.

I showed the game to my brother a couple of days ago, and he was also amazed by the quality of it. Engine sounds and even the sounds of blinkers are exactly as they are IRL; the game is pretty authentic right down to its details. I think that's the best grade SCS can ever get - the endorsement of a real trucker who works with this on a daily basis.

Now I'm here looking for mods. Perhaps map expansions for the very north of Sweden , Norway and Finland; I don't have any of the DLC's yet though but intend to pick them up during the holidays.
Koakon

#184 Post by Koakon » 09 Jan 2017 09:07

I didn't realize this place had one of these!

I've been playing EUTS2 off and on since... I don't know actually. It wasn't that far from release as a very minor youtuber I used to watch off and on had gotten me interested so I tried the demo, and shortly after got the game myself!

I love trucks and cars and vehicles of all kinds really, most games don't really do a great job of letting you feel any connection to the thing you're driving but this game helped me just enjoy having my own truck to customize, tweak, learn the little quirks and oddities of and just drive. On top of that I don't really get to travel much at all, so it really helps me get that urge out of my system when I feel constrained.

I'm likely a weirdo since for whatever reason I always find myself driving a Renault, and I've always sort of understood they weren't really community favorites. But there's just something about the lines, simplicity and so on that keeps me attracted to them. The odd slab like shape of the magnums cab also works maybe a little too well for me, maybe I got bad taste. Or maybe I have simple taste, I have no idea really...
Unco

#185 Post by Unco » 09 Jan 2017 20:41

Welcome Koakon, Antiscamp and mira666!
Tira

#186 Post by Tira » 10 Jan 2017 03:16

I used to play almost only strategy games like Empire Earth, Civilizations, XCOM and even Europa Universalis, but now ETS2 is my favorite game. After a hard day of work this is the best relaxation.
I even like to mod this game. This forum has been very helfpul to me to read.

Greetings from Germany!
dkasper00

#187 Post by dkasper00 » 23 Jan 2017 22:45

Hello I'm Dan, 36 years old and live in Annandale, NJ. Been around trucks for about 31 years. What got me into ETS2 was seeing some of my friends on Steam playing this game back in 2015 and decided to try it after noticing it. 100+ levels later, it's safe to say I'm hooked.
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.
AlexO231

#188 Post by AlexO231 » 07 Feb 2017 11:18

hi! im Alex, but friends prefer to nickname me "sila", im 18 yrs old and i live in Romania, final grade at highschool
Last edited by AlexO231 on 09 Mar 2021 15:28, edited 1 time in total.
EricF

#189 Post by EricF » 16 Feb 2017 00:01

Hi, I'm Eric from the Northeast part of the US! I've been meaning to try ETS2, and a Steam sale was the nudge I needed to get started. Now I'm running in both ETS2 and ATS -- I'm hooked.

In real life, I work in computers and tech, but before that I've driven trucks -- armored trucks in particular. My great uncle started a trucking business right around 1940 or so; his big break came when his company got a contract for transporting military shipments between Chicago and Indianapolis, Indiana. (The Navy built an aircraft avionics research and manufacturing plant in Indianapolis, and he personally drove a lot of urgent, classified shipments during World War II.) Sadly, he passed away in the 1950s and the company was eventually sold off, but I got to talk to one of the drivers who was a friend of the family, and learned some of the history.

Just for fun, here's a picture of my daily driver -- a "baby big-rig" Dodge pickup with a Cummins diesel and a "real" transmission -- manual, not automatic. ;)
(Click thumbnail for full size)

[ external image ]

I think the Smartcar parked next it might fit in the bed! :lol:
Best

#190 Post by Best » 23 Feb 2017 14:07

Hello from Italy.

My real name is Giuseppe. I born in province of Naples (Torre del Greco) and a living at to 1999 in Portici (Naples).

I'm 43 years old. By middle 1999 i live in Azzano Decimo, province of Pordenone, Friuli (North East Italy, nearly Venice).
I'm married and a child, Alberto, fourteen years old.
I have arrived in this game in late December.

I love gaming, hardware and travel. :)

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”