need help with ets 2

tom25

need help with ets 2

#1 Post by tom25 » 18 Jun 2013 23:05

when i run ets 2 my computers GPU makes a high pitch squealing noise but the odd thing is it only does it in the game menus , its just a bit worrying

my specs:
Intel i7 3820
Msi GTX660 Ti
16 Gb gskill ripjaws
MSI X79A-GD45-8D
Karlip

Re: need help with ets 2

#2 Post by Karlip » 19 Jun 2013 11:18

I'm afraid it's got nothing to do with the game. You should check your GPU fan and, if necessary, clean it. Menu takes less resources than the game itself and makes the fans run at a steadier pace.

The fan(s) could also be damaged.
Some Estonian dude!

World of Trucks profile: https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/online ... .php?id=20
Unco

#3 Post by Unco » 19 Jun 2013 18:29

Have you got "Vertical Synchronisation" enabled or disabled?

If it's anything like the Linux version, if this setting is disabled, it will run frames as fast as your GPU can generate them. You may just need to enable this option. It's in the game's graphics settings.
Max
SCS Software

#4 Post by Max » 20 Jun 2013 10:20

i have similar phenomenon here: in menu i can hear some strange sound directly in game musisc!

first i thought its bug and tried to fix that. but it showed its only local problem and appears only on my working computer and only sometimes. furthermore if i switch some cards in computer sound changes or disappears at all. now its quite clear that the false sound is caused by some interference between hardware pieces when they at specific level of usage.

maybe it helps.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.

Return to “Technical Problems”